house of kolor singles

O

oldhead

Why don't they sell hok in singles to try. I really don't want to buy a $100+ kit just to try it out

Why don't they sell hok in singles to try. I really don't want to buy a $100+ kit just to try it out

Well mainly cause once you try it you are hooked:D The candies are rich and easy to use , the new shimmer 2 system is a little confusing at times. but Jon put the best pigment in all his paints.
But see if ya would have just moved next door we could have swapped work for HOK paint:D

Mainly it is a cost issue But give Dave Monnig a call over at coast airbrush and talk to him , Who knows maybe he can send you 1 bottle but you will still need the RU311 reducer and maybe some SG100 . But if you get white you will still get tip dry it is the nature of white.

I think I solved my issue. I was looking for the pictures of the small bottles and some sites have only quarts and gallons. Coast has small 1 oz bottles and small reducer. I may get 1 black and reducer to see if I like it. The wicked stuff is really frustrating but I will keep plugging away at it. And i picked up some white and black detail wicked, the black is ok the white is like trying to spray a brick. I prefer the opaques atm

I think I solved my issue. I was looking for the pictures of the small bottles and some sites have only quarts and gallons. Coast has small 1 oz bottles and small reducer. I may get 1 black and reducer to see if I like it. The wicked stuff is really frustrating but I will keep plugging away at it. And i picked up some white and black detail wicked, the black is ok the white is like trying to spray a brick. I prefer the opaques atm
Both the Wicked and the Detail are Opaques , Mainly it is your reduction that is giving your the headaches.
But HOK is easy for spray guns you mix HOK 1part paint to 1 part ru311 reducer , than for the airbrush you mix that 1PP to 1PR to 1 PR more and that is it ready to spray even through the Micron.
White is white what can ya say...
But once you shoot HOK you will be hooked on it. But remember you can not spray that in your house even with you DIY spray area.
and you do not want it that close to the heater either the fumes are flammable , You also will need a spray mask rate for the paint fumes. So unless you have a detached garage and NJ has gotten warm all of a sudden you may want to do a little more research on the hazards of using urethane..
So Give Dave or Ryan a call and ask them lots of question , Dave can answer them all and loves to talk on the phone. trust me I have spent hours on the phone with him for what I thought would be a quick call..
Tell him your set up in your airbrush area , how much air flow you have leaving the area and he will be able to tell you and help you make sure not only you nut your family is safe as well..

Thanks. I do have the room sealed up pretty good. The door I sealed the closure and the bottom, All the seams are either foamed or caulked. The only air getting in is through the filter on the wall. My heater is fed from out side air 97.5% efficient, but the hot water heater still gets its air from there close by the room

Back