how about com art i just orderd some has anyone used this paint what do you think

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
im just about sick of wiked its ok for big stuf bit i have trouble when doing fine detail i have tried everything when i pres down and pull ever so slightly back on my infinitys triger when i have a brand new nozzle set and triple needle bearings and i am about to shoot that fine line between upper and lower lips on a small portrait i want a fine solid line not a blurt space splat effect its ok for space art but when i am painting a portrait for a one week show and i have an overnight due date i dont need to go back and forth need paint that flows well without over reducing :frown-new:

use it all the time through my Micron. It is ready to shoot through a .18 needle set up straight out the bottle , With anything bigger you will need to drop air pressure . But is great stuff.
But than again I run Wicked through my micron just over reduced and at about 5 PSI. But I do understand you pain. You should love Com art plus it is made and design by Iwata for small needle set ups. It is the paint the use to test all the Microns.

I agree with herb. Think he pointed me in the right direction for the comart. Very easy to use with very little problems. My favorite by far.

I love Com-art aswell. I'm now trying something by reducing it even further. You get really smooth transitions.

Interesting what you say about the Infinity. I got a response from FB when I commented on a guy using an Infinity in Marissa Oosterlee's workshop. He says that it works fine but unlike a Micron that can draw a fine line 10 out of 10 times, the Infinity does it 6 out of 10 times. Still one damn hot gun though.

I agree with herb. Think he pointed me in the right direction for the comart. Very easy to use with very little problems. My favorite by far.

Thanks Doc, and yes very easy to use and colors are always bright.

i love them i have made four guitar with them, its easy to use, i love comart no much thinnig

Comart straight out of the bottle is great, no problems at all and can recommend it highly.

yes it is one hot gun the gold plating is already worn off the ring that holds the needle chuck also inside the cup and the body itself looks to have fine scrathes thats howmuch i use the damn thing plus its a breeze to change needles and the tip is easy to clean and hard to loose

I'm getting some of this tomorrow to put it through my infinity .15 set up. I've had my eye on this paint as a local art shop stocks it.

I tried so many types of paint already and got more then enough here at home, but you guys make me want to get some com art too to try lol.

I tried so many types of paint already and got more then enough here at home, but you guys make me want to get some com art too to try lol.

I find auto air better than wicked but need something out the bottle good and this seems to be the stuff according to these good people! And it's only £22 a set nice!

I find auto air better than wicked but need something out the bottle good and this seems to be the stuff according to these good people! And it's only £22 a set nice!

Im hopefully getting it tomorrow so will let you know how It goes with my infinity stranger.

Used them for years. It sprays just about as nice as Uro's do. Very and I mean very little to any tip dry. Goldens Airbrush paints are nice as well. I'm right now trying to figure out which to get. Losses all my paints and need to replace them.

One thing I noticed with Com art paints. They seem to re-activate with water. So a clear should be sprayed over it.

Right after using them all I can say is wow, hardly any tip dry and straight out the bottle! I've only bought black to try out but I think a set is in order....

This is through a infinity .15

regards

tufty

I see com art has a textile line of paints too... Anyone used them?

i looked at comart and it dint seem as bright vibrant cratex, it jst had a dull look to it, so i never used it, now i read this and would like to try it..right now i just want something cheap to play with a little...i hope it works ok for you

ok just cheked my order from chicogo air brush aparently my order is oot for delivery but i am getting spectre tex i think its the same as com art plus i am getting a nozzle set brand new for infinity

Back