How Do I Avoid Ruined Clothing?

A

Adolfo Magana

I'm a bit worried about using products such as Kryolan face paint for my face painting business. I do a lot of children at street fairs and bazaars. Will the paint cause stains on clothing or will it easily wash out? How about staining of the skin?

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never used anything like that but if they are intended for face painting id say they would need to wash off again without staining, as you call it, id say its prob the same for clothing. it should say on the packaging

I use Snazaroo .... no staining to kids or more importantly, clothes ;)

Love it. The kids could be stained for life... they'll live. But the clothes...they're expensive!!

This is just one Grandpa's opinion. o_O

I'm a bit worried about using products such as Kryolan face paint for my face painting business. I do a lot of children at street fairs and bazaars. Will the paint cause stains on clothing or will it easily wash out? How about staining of the skin?

What do you currently use? Are you un-happy with the current products you use? Kryolan is specifically designed for faces so I would imagine that it is safe and doesn't stain the skin.

The link you provided also has a "how to use" which states:
  1. Apply with a damp sponge or with a paint brush.
  2. No setting powder or fixative spray needed.
  3. Removable with soap and water.
As for clothing this type of face paint is water based "soap and water" clean-up /removal so if they wipe there face with a shirt . some type of stain remover or "pre-wash" would more than likely take care of it.

I'm not sure how you would get it on their clothing while you are painting there faces unless you "drop" your sponge/brush, a towel draped around their shoulders would help.

Donna

artists soap...... artists soap will get most water based paints out of clothing without staining

Staining may vary from colour to colour. I would advise asking the company that makes it or looking at details on their website if applicable.

Back