For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

How do you achieve the best possible gloss finish?

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Tutorials' started by Blackktieguy, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Blackktieguy

Blackktieguy Young Tutorling

Hey!

I'm working on a project wherein I am coloring game controllers. I am wondering how I can achieve the "glass finish" on ABS plastic. I'm new to airbrushing, but when I would spray paint with a can I would just sand the clear coat and then buff/polish the surface, is this the same objective here?

Any info/advice on here is greatly appreciated.
  2. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

Someone will be along soon who can probably answer this better. I notice you've posted a few times asking questions, we encourage this - questions are good. We also like to know the people who are in here. So much nicer than talking to nameless faceless people... :). To help us get to know you a bit better (and to assist in the questions you have) can I get you to go to the intro section and give us a proper introduction. What you paint, gear you have, maybe a couple of pictures.

Here is a link to help you out. Check out the nettiquette post as well while you are there.

http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
    JackEb likes this.
  3. The dude

The dude Detail Decepticon!

Yep it's the same process,are you intending to use rattle cans or a spray gun?