How long does 2k clear coat take to dry?

I'm spraying smal parts! I would have a box to keep almost everything away..also when I'm spraying my clear coat, I have some small tiny tiny bumps. Not sure if there is to much pressure, of if its not enough glad time. Or what. I will take a picture and post it soon.

Hey guys, I believe it is actually solvent pop. My dad has been spraying it, not to happy. He has some experience. But no where near close to good enough. I don't like how he was putting it on. So I'm taking full controll for now on. I thought he would know. Uploading pic now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 18
I will be wet sanding, taking some clear off. Smoothing out the pop..and resprayig with 1 more coat

Could the psi be too high as well? I told my dad t needs to be between 10-40 psi, and he is over that. I don't like how he does all this tinkering. Clearly not working(no pun intended)

Psi depends a little on the gun setup you have. I spray clear at about 35 psi with a sata rp 1.3. Not all clears are the same, but most like a little higher pressure to break up the droplets. The spec sheets on the clear should tell you the best gun setup. Some of the small specs look like they could be solvent pop, but usually when you have them, there's a lot more of them. The big specks are probably dirt nibs. Solvent pop is usually caused by too little flash time between coats, or over application per coat. If it is pop, sanding and re clearing probably is your best bet since those little bubbles would probably be all the way through the clear film.

The tech sheet has the psi it should be sprayed at but you need to measure it properly at the gun not at the compressor. It is a measure of psi while the trigger is pulled.

Cool, and they are all over, so I would venture to guess it is solvent pop..revolting tomorrow with MY specs, not my dads

Did you see all the specks immediately, or did they show up later? Solvent pop will appear as it dries, not immediately. If you see the specks right away it's probably some kind of contamination.

Could be solvent pop. Did you do a dust coat first? It wasn't hardening up so if the first coat was a bit heavy, and hadn't flashed, the next layer could be trapping the solvents and coming through as bubbles/blisters. But also as you are painting outside it could also be dist specks etc. Or maybe both.

Well as of right now I'm indoors, the only reason I wanna go outdoors is because of fumes...I'm going to make a small spray booth..and my dad was not doing a dust coat at all, put it on heavy and just kept going

Back