How many airbrush guns?

I have 3, and mainly only use one. Wait, thats actually not true, I have 2 more in the garage, one for paint, the other for clear coat.
The ab guns are: KROME ♥ , master g22, and a pasche (I use this for bigger background coverage)
And i have ab on walls, lamp shades, toilets, you name it.

I have 9. Or 10. Maybe 11. I don't know. I lost track somewhere along the way. lol.

Generally, on any given project, I'll have 2-3 airbrushes going, all with different colors or shades in them. I'd rather work that way than have one brush and have to be constantly cleaning it every time I wanted a different color.

Textile artists will often have 10 or more of the same model airbrush set up, each with it's own color in it. They typically use transparent colors, and "mix on the board" to get different tones. I prefer the Dru Blair buffered color (using opaques for most of the painting, and using transparents mainly for accents, corrections, etc).

On that note, Dru uses only one airbrush (the same CM-SB he's had for God-knows how many years), and flushes it between each color change. Somehow, he's able to do that, as well as mix colors extremely accurately, AND maintain a fairly quick work flow. Of course, Muhammed Ali was able to keep his hands at his waist and dance around his opponents without getting knocked out, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone to try ;-)

Back