How small can you go?

M

Montah Steel

whats the limit to how small an object you can airbrush effectivley? im trying to airbrush my hand made fishing lures, which range from 3 cm to 15 cm in length.

or is it skill related and will take lots of practice? or is there an airbrush gun that does minute details? i currently have a .25mm and .3mm

newlure 002.jpg
newlure 001.jpg
my hand painted attempt. want to make it look better with airbrusihing.

Last edited by a moderator:
hope this answers your question, when you figure out what its painted on get back to us !

sl bio

not to difficult I suppose, I just saw it had the substrate written underneath with a size

Hey Montah, you don't have to watch te video. I did these with a with a variety of brushes. The .35 is the biggest I have used but the smallest nozzle was the micron with a .23
They are not the traditional lures but you can see the small detail you can get on a rattletrap the same size as your in the pic. ( also hope you don't mind me posting pics in your thread)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360892728.815061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360892824.233347.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360892863.909356.jpg
It really all in your control of the brush an taking the right steps to get something this small to look rite.

Josh

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360892769.178832.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360892769.178832.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 39
Nothing to it! Easy as pie, I can go detail crazy, just as long as I got the side of a barn to paint it on. Lol!

If you wanted to use a stencil look at this one
Snax is a friend on another forum and all he does is lures.

my first investment was snax stencils lol. they work well. just an issue getting the stencil onto my lures. going to invest in a magnetic board.

thanks for the replies all. seems there is no limit to how small you can go. all in the control it seems.

great work there seamonkey. excuse my ignorance what is a micron? are there airbrush guns designed for fine detailed work ? or it is just about the nozzle diameter?

hope this answers your question, when you figure out what its painted on get back to us !

sl bio

Hey fez now that is just gnarly as hell!!! That is a prime example of crazy detail on such a small object!!! Hey Micron you ready to do the 1,000 skulls on a razor blade? Haaaaaaa!!!

Nothing to it! Easy as pie, I can go detail crazy, just as long as I got the side of a barn to paint it on. Lol!

I hear ya!! I learned the same thing trying to do this paintpal project!! Wooooo it has been frustrating yet fun all in one!! Haaaa!

The detail on number 5 is all-some, there is a couple of guys on another forum painting Zippos and they really are starting to get the hang of it, they are turning out some cool work, it’s amazing what you can pull off with an airbrush.

Amazing stuff , wish I could afford the courses to do micro painting stuff, like the one's they hold in Italy.

my first investment was snax stencils lol. they work well. just an issue getting the stencil onto my lures. going to invest in a magnetic board.

thanks for the replies all. seems there is no limit to how small you can go. all in the control it seems.

great work there seamonkey. excuse my ignorance what is a micron? are there airbrush guns designed for fine detailed work ? or it is just about the nozzle diameter?

This will answer your question on what is a micron...Coast Airbrush Products

Incredible what their achieving, are they using any sort of special magnifying equipment to see what their doing?!!

Back