How to clean Your Airbrush

Kingpin

AKA, SIR KingPin
Staff member
Mod
Here are some Videos on cleaning Your brush taken from the Iwata site, but the principals are the same no matter the brush. Also, down the right hand side on the Iwata site, they have a whole list of helpful topics under the "Lets get started" header.

Quick Color Change​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

End of Spray Session​

Deep Clean​

Ya know... I took my whole airbrush apart and soaked it in alcohol. I just filled it with water and it's a consistent airflow now. I'm pretty happy with the way it went. Used magnifying glass and needle is alright, so.. I am gonna run some ink through there in a couple of hrs. Hopefully (My issue) is fixed. I'd like to start getting some artwork going!
I'll keep ya's posted.

Ya know... I took my whole airbrush apart and soaked it in alcohol. I just filled it with water and it's a consistent airflow now. I'm pretty happy with the way it went. Used magnifying glass and needle is alright, so.. I am gonna run some ink through there in a couple of hrs. Hopefully (My issue) is fixed. I'd like to start getting some artwork going!
I'll keep ya's posted.
We look forward to seeing it working :cool:

Glad to hear!
However, keep in mind airbrushes have internal o-rings that are not designed to withstand solvents. Alcohol may be OK once or twice but generally speaking, dunking the whole airbrush can be risky.

Thanks,
Ismael
Ty Kingpin, much appreciated. I didn't put the actual casing in there. I took needle out and all 3 part to the tip.
I have a bunch of O rings in my basement where I do my artwork. I'm pretty good with valves, rings ect.
I'll keep ya posted.

Back