How to get bold fine lines

D

deathhasnofriends

I was wondering how to get fine bold lines cause after I reduce my paint to flow well through my gun it's like my lines are very faded and not bold maybe it's the paint I use createx but if I reduce any less my paint flow is grainy and inconsistent I can't post a link yet but if you go to youtube and search true fire flames green his user name is SK Brush he's a very good artist these are the results I'm seeking thanks in advance to any advice or suggestions.

It's basically a combo of reduction and psi. Createx is more difficult to get right in my experience. Spectra Tex is much easier.

Is there any specific place where I can order Spectra Tex I’ve heard allot of people rave about how easy it is to work with. I’ve been working on flames and some skulls also I did a space scene yesterday that I was quite pleased with.

I live I Michigan and all I've found is createx and wicked paints I found some spectra tex paints at Michaels crafts but its mostly neon and basic colors no transparent or candy colors.

Michigan huh? I know TCGraphics and paint , Cicago,airbrush supply, and Coast airbrush all carry Spectra tex, also,webairbrushes, which is basically Badgers on line store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I live I Michigan and all I've found is createx and wicked paints I found some spectra tex paints at Michaels crafts but its mostly neon and basic colors no transparent or candy colors.

You will not find a transparent or a candy in the WICKED line.
AutoAir makes both but the candy it pigment based and not dye based like urethane . So layering different colored candies over each other equals mud in the waterbased paint area.
You can add a transparent base first that add the color from WICKED to make a transparent color.

Coast Airbrush will have all the paints you want.

SA should work in theory. As long as the candy and trans base dry separately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for all the reply’s I will try to order from coast airbrush I guess im going to have to buy some urethane paints so I don’t get that muddy look I just did a little work on an old pool cue tonight but I haven’t clear coated it yet. But here’s a few pics of the progress with water based colors.

IMAG0029.jpgIMAG0033.jpgIMAG0037.jpgIMAG0048.jpgIMAG0042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back