How to get glass clear finish

Practice, perfect conditions, good gear, amazing preparation, quality paint, the correct reduction, the correct application pressure and speed and a truck load of polish! (OK, polish comes after).

All in all this is what practice and correct application looks like. After spaying full time for 3 years this was a good day at the office.

time for testing :D how much finish coat 3 hands? or more
Do you mean how many layers... ? I was painting aircraft components so as few coats as were needed, typically 3 and a thin primer. On cars, there can be many more... about 32 is the most I've seen on a production car... (OK that was a pretty special Buggatti...)

yes i mean layers, sorry on my bad english :D
ok thanks guys i go try and see whats happens
ty
Often 3 layers of clear seems a good bench mark. The first coat should be pretty light and is called a “dust coat”. The second can be a little more wet and the third wetter again. Pay close attention to the manufactures recommendation for flash times, mix ratios and spray pressure. Other than that it’s only everything else everybody has said LOL. But like anything, it gets easier with practice. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Often 3 layers of clear seems a good bench mark. The first coat should be pretty light and is called a “dust coat”. The second can be a little more wet and the third wetter again. Pay close attention to the manufactures recommendation for flash times, mix ratios and spray pressure. Other than that it’s only everything else everybody has said LOL. But like anything, it gets easier with practice. Good luck.

It really depends on the paint. For example a basic enamel, 3 layers is normal, same with a 2 pack. With an acrylic it is more like 6 to 12. For show quality there can be a lot more clear over top again. Here is an interesting video on detailing a Bugatti.
Have a listen to the different vehicles and the amount of paint they used.

It really depends on the paint. For example a basic enamel, 3 layers is normal, same with a 2 pack. With an acrylic it is more like 6 to 12. For show quality there can be a lot more clear over top again. Here is an interesting video on detailing a Bugatti.
Have a listen to the different vehicles and the amount of paint they used.
Cool, I’ll give that a watch. Thanks Mark.

I get a mirror finish by applying 4 coats of Automotive single pac clear. Correct drying time between coats. When hard. I cut back with 1200 wet and dry with a few drops of detergent in the water. Followed by 1500 then 2000. When the surface is 100% matt finish the hard work starts. Cut and polish compound by hand then a wax polish to finish off. Great results. I can`t spray 2pac in my residential area. Hope every thing works out for you.

Attachments

• SAM_0723.JPG
    SAM_0723.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 28
I get a mirror finish by applying 4 coats of Automotive single pac clear. Correct drying time between coats. When hard. I cut back with 1200 wet and dry with a few drops of detergent in the water. Followed by 1500 then 2000. When the surface is 100% matt finish the hard work starts. Cut and polish compound by hand then a wax polish to finish off. Great results. I can`t spray 2pac in my residential area. Hope every thing works out for you.
This looks nice thanks for share

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back