How to make a small line like this ?

The eclipse can do super fine hair lines once you get to know it. Can handle lightening no problems what so ever!

Hey guys! So a few problem...I have my psi set at 20...and when I get really close to do a small line and I BARLEY and I mean barley pull back this happens..even if I just push down for air paint starts to come out...and not thin either! Look green

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 28
Hey guys! So a few problem...I have my psi set at 20...and when I get really close to do a small line and I BARLEY and I mean barley pull back this happens..even if I just push down for air paint starts to come out...and not thin either! Look green
Your paint is to thin for 20PSI or your moving to slow.,What paint are you using?
You also say that paint comes out when you just press air on? If so your needle may not be seated all the way in , Or you have a crack in you nozzle.

Okay what's going on here !!! Soemthing is not right!! And don't mind the stars!! I didn't realize how much it would put on there! Should have held it further away! Anyways! It looks nothing like that space theme one!! What did I not do?? BY THE WAY: THIS IS A TEST PIECE!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 28
It's almost like my blue does not stick out as much as his or something, or possibly my lines are too thick?? Maybe I need a thinner line?

Your paint is to thin for 20PSI or your moving to slow.,What paint are you using?
You also say that paint comes out when you just press air on? If so your needle may not be seated all the way in , Or you have a crack in you nozzle.

I'm using createx transparent! And I didn't thin it or anything! And I can move really fast and that will still happen! I might say the needle probably isn't sitting right!! The nozzle isn't cracked(I think) this is a fairly new airbrush, and I dont bang it around or anything and it gets cleaned after every use!

Okay what's going on here !!! Soemthing is not right!! And don't mind the stars!! I didn't realize how much it would put on there! Should have held it further away! Anyways! It looks nothing like that space theme one!! What did I not do?? BY THE WAY: THIS IS A TEST PIECE!!!

What was it you were trying to do?, If I knew that I could help more, but if you mean there too many stars, this item is too small to rely on the spatter technique, one blast and you've covered everything, you could have done this easier by simply piercing some varying size pin holes a piece of cardboard and spraying through as many times as you have to to get where you want to be, this would also cut down on over spray which at the moment seems to be all but blocking out your cool background, when doing small items like the the key is hold back the pace your forced to work at so that you can buid up in your own time.

What was it you were trying to do?, If I knew that I could help more, but if you mean there too many stars, this item is too small to rely on the spatter technique, one blast and you've covered everything, you could have done this easier by simply piercing some varying size pin holes a piece of cardboard and spraying through as many times as you have to to get where you want to be, this would also cut down on over spray which at the moment seems to be all but blocking out your cool background, when doing small items like the the key is hold back the pace your forced to work at so that you can buid up in your own time.

I was talking about my blue!! This is the controller I am trying to mimic, not exactly b

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 28
Now I get it, you should have done your blue areas with white first and then your transparent blue, this makes your blue pop and allows to apply at different intensities for effect;)
I did but I guess I need to do more white! And make the lien thicker?!

One last question? Should I be doing a very light dusting over the white? I'm just basically putting a light coat on, not really spraying it to paint..just to glow a color

So sort of like this right? Did I just go too heavy on the blue here and not enough white?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 29
So sort of like this right? Did I just go too heavy on the blue here and not enough white?

Yes but keep playing around, as you can see that is a pretty big improvement, getting these effects right is just a case of lots of practice, try to understand what's happening and with enough practice you will be able to do it without having to think about it.

As soon as your confident you can repeat these effects over and over then you move onto your real controllers with the confidence that you are going to succeed.

You can also make for yourself loads of little texture stencils which will also help you to do this work a lot quicker, doing something like this very quick and precise us the key to being able to make money from it, if that's what you want to do, but also try to come up with your own designs and not rely on the designs of others.

But you are now making progress.

Ask yourself the right questions...

Are the shapes and fades similar to the desired effect? No, your lines are too solid and have no chaos. The lines should be built in light layers in multiple passes to softly fade the layers of white.

Are the values similar to the desired effect? No, yours are too consistent in value, creating just long winding shapes.

Are the Hue's similar to the reference? Somewhat, but you are missing the violet that I see in many parts of the painting.

All of these things will add depth and more realism to the painting.

Start with a black base, slowly add your white and build your shapes and value changes. Start putting in color and continue layering small amounts of white and color to build your contrast.

I am thinking that maybe you're nozzle has a blockage, which is causing the needle not to seat properly. It may look spotless but even a speck that you can't see by looking can cause problems. If you used the purple straight from the bottle without reduction, then you shouldn't be getting the spidering you were getting, however that paint looks very thin for not being reduced especially as it's Createx which is a thicker paint usually used with .5 nozzles or above at high PSI.

That paint is usually used for textiles, and although you can use it for other things it isn't ideal. You definitely need to reduce it ,Createx 5601 Transparent Base or Createx 5608 Illustration Base, and experiment with mixture and psi, until you get a good flow. T-shirt guys using larger nozzles go as high as 60psi, but you won't get the control you need if not on fabric. You need a thin crisp, jagged line lightly fogged over for the glow, and then washed over with a trans paint.

Personally next time I would get Wicked, and the W100 or W500 reducer also made by createx, which works well with this gun. It is the combo I use, and I think would be good for controllers, as well as anything else you may want to do.

Yes but keep playing around, as you can see that is a pretty big improvement, getting these effects right is just a case of lots of practice, try to understand what's happening and with enough practice you will be able to do it without having to think about it.

As soon as your confident you can repeat these effects over and over then you move onto your real controllers with the confidence that you are going to succeed.

You can also make for yourself loads of little texture stencils which will also help you to do this work a lot quicker, doing something like this very quick and precise us the key to being able to make money from it, if that's what you want to do, but also try to come up with your own designs and not rely on the designs of others.

But you are now making progress.

Thanks!! And well this one is for me and I like the design! And lots of people always give me other designs they see so I do my best to replicate it!

I'm not sure they have transparent in wicked? I'm here and I don't see it. Will regular "wicked purple be okay?

The lady at hobby lobby has been airbrushing for years and she said she mixes her own paint now..just buys acrylic in this beig bottles and gets the wicked reducer. Is this possible for me to do? Or is this not the best way to go?

I'm not sure they have transparent in wicked? I'm here and I don't see it. Will regular "wicked purple be okay?

All of the standard Wicked Colors are classified as transparent paints. White, Pearls, etc are generally opaque/semi opaque.

Back