How to make Sepia color?

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hi family,
hope you're all well! :)

I'll be part of a street festival where there will be a graffiti art show and me with the airbrush.
Cause it'll be a 4 hour session for 3 days I'm thinking I'll go for something monochromatic, probably a Bob Marley portrait.
I've once read somewhere that you can make a mix of some colors, can't remember which, and get near the sepia one. Anybody has any info on that?

Hi family,
hope you're all well! :)

I'll be part of a street festival where there will be a graffiti art show and me with the airbrush.
Cause it'll be a 4 hour session for 3 days I'm thinking I'll go for something monochromatic, probably a Bob Marley portrait.
I've once read somewhere that you can make a mix of some colors, can't remember which, and get near the sepia one. Anybody has any info on that?
I myself have no idea I just wanted to wish you well on your event. Your artwork is fantastic and it's always good to wow the crowd lol...be sure to have someone snap some pics and post em up for us to admire

Thanks Jonathon for your kind words, much appreciated!
I ain't pro you know, but I know I'm not a beginner either and that's cause of all the help and info I got from our friends in here! :):thumbsup: And much practise, don't forget that!

The Schmincke Aerocolour sepia is made up from PBr25, PG7 and PBk7. In what ratios they do not say. You can search wht those pigments are.

Benzimidazolone brown PBr25,
Phthalo Green Dark, PG 7,
Carbon black PBK-7.
Did a little research last might but I couldn't find any mix ratios for making sepia.
Notice that these aren't specifically about airbrush colors.
Thanks for the info though!

Benzimidazolone brown PBr25,
Phthalo Green Dark, PG 7,
Carbon black PBK-7.
Did a little research last might but I couldn't find any mix ratios for making sepia.
Notice that these aren't specifically about airbrush colors.
Thanks for the info though!
you will need to go:

5 drops of this and 1 drop of that
4 drops of this and 1 drop of that
3 drops of this and 1 drop of that
and so on...

5 runs and you will get it.

you will need to go:

5 drops of this and 1 drop of that
4 drops of this and 1 drop of that
3 drops of this and 1 drop of that
and so on...

5 runs and you will get it.

I did that with burnt umber, sepia, red violet and yellow and made about 50 pieces of cardboard regarding the color skin... It'll take a while to do it again...
My eyes are still spinning from that...

I did that with burnt umber, sepia, red violet and yellow and made about 50 pieces of cardboard regarding the color skin... It'll take a while to do it again...
My eyes are still spinning from that...
I never do them so many in one go. Cause I wouldn't touch them like never again...

I’m sure you’ll knock this out of the park as usual Dimitris. We have faith in your skills my friend! I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back