How to metal flake with Flake King Guns

That's the info I am looking for. Dang, I am cheap -.-
It wasn’t a flake heavy mix, more to enhance a metallic base, but it did work out ok at least. If I had to recommend one way or the other to somebody, I think the Flake King attachment for my Airbrush is better to laying down a lot of flake. Mixing it in with clear through the mini gun is better to have a more subtle finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t a flake heavy mix, more to enhance a metallic base, but it did work out ok at least. If I had to recommend one way or the other to somebody, I think the Flake King attachment for my Airbrush is better to laying down a lot of flake. Mixing it in with clear through the mini gun is better to have a more subtle finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what size of nozzles you use on your ANI Mini? You got one or more then one?

You do have to mix it with a clear though husky if you spray it through the mini gun. I don't know if you could put dry flake in the cup and spray it out. Worth a try though lol. Low psi or you will have a sparkle bomb.. The room will look like a unicorn has farted..

Lee

No, I only have the 1mm Nozzle. I have recently acquired an LPH80 that has a 1.2mm setup, I’ve run some Autoair Aluminium Course through that without any problems.

An acquired LPH80 eh, when did you get that? I just found a tub with a load of AA paints in it, old candies, silver med and coarse and sealer black and white. I don't remember when I put them away but they are in the wardrobe behind loads of crap, hence why I forgot about them. I'm going to have to give em a try to see if they are still ok.

Lee

An acquired LPH80 eh, when did you get that? I just found a tub with a load of AA paints in it, old candies, silver med and coarse and sealer black and white. I don't remember when I put them away but they are in the wardrobe behind loads of crap, hence why I forgot about them. I'm going to have to give em a try to see if they are still ok.

Lee
Amanda has a friend from work who’s other half works in a spray shop painting cars. He recently changed all his guns over to Sata’s and thought of me, so put together a 1.2mm LPH80 from various rebuild kits and a body that was in good nick. The other old guns he sold on EBay.

Sorry Mate, I thought you meant a different setup for the ANI. I also have a 1mm Air Gunza AZ4.
little off topic, sry to all of you, but I have Siroxx here so I can get info very fast :D
Which gun you use for what? Ani for? Air Gunza for? :)

little off topic, sry to all of you, but I have Siroxx here so I can get info very fast :D
Which gun you use for what? Ani for? Air Gunza for? :)
Originally I used the ANI for Base, clear, Intercoat, Candies, pretty much everything. Now I keep the ANI for base colours and use the Air Gunza for Clear. Only because it was new and has never had anything else out through it. The ANI seems to be an easy gun to use and produces a great finish, likewise the LPH80.

Nice one, good acquisition. At least you will put it to good use.

Lee
Thanks Mate, I think that’s what he thought. Apparently there aren’t a lot of other people he goes out with who are actually interested in talking paint with him LOL. He said it was a no brainer when the gun became surplus to requirements.

Originally I used the ANI for Base, clear, Intercoat, Candies, pretty much everything. Now I keep the ANI for base colours and use the Air Gunza for Clear. Only because it was new and has never had anything else out through it. The ANI seems to be an easy gun to use and produces a great finish, likewise the LPH80.
last off topic I promise :whistling:

Do you find different results spraying clear with ANI or Gunza?

Back