HP-CP problem

C

CroAB

hello guys/gals. I have a problem with my Iwata HP-CP. I think that something's wrong with my neddle packing. when i tighten it (not too hard) needle is barely passing(i need to push the needle real hard), and when i tighten the lower, color then enters the body of an air brush:mad:. what's the problem? please help.
Thank you

Maybe you need a new one as the current one lost its adjustability. It's only got an open or closed "setting". I test mine by holding the gun vertical with the tip up about have the needle length from the table. With the head completely removed I drop the needle in back side first. If it fall right through it is too loose. I then do about 1/8th of a turn and test again until the needle does not drop through without a bit of help.

Maybe you need a new one as the current one lost its adjustability. It's only got an open or closed "setting". I test mine by holding the gun vertical with the tip up about have the needle length from the table. With the head completely removed I drop the needle in back side first. If it fall right through it is too loose. I then do about 1/8th of a turn and test again until the needle does not drop through without a bit of help.

Thanks for help Andre after all i was maybe to hard on that screw. But i also both super lube witch helped a lot.

It doesn't need a lot to tighten in or loosen it, ting fractions of turns till it has a little friction. Like AndreZA said. If that doesn't work then you need a new one.

Lee

Id like to add to this thread.
How much drag should the needle have in passing through the packing screw?
It does have decent drag but my hp-cp still seems not to be consistent during the spray.
Ive cleaned everything up pretty good within its specs.
I recently had purchased my Iwata hp-cp ..At its first usage I was so IMPRESSED and confident with its great consistency in spraying paints up-close.
Now it seems,,no matter how much I clean it out there is inconsistency. The needle is perfect ,everything seems to be clean...so Im wondering if the packing nut needs to be adjusted.
Thanks

Back