HP-CS vs. HP-C Plus

B

Blackthorne

Hi guys.

The hp-c+ is really better than the eclipse? This is worth the extra cash?

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

well being one is .35 and the other is .30 a side by side shot of the same line would be nice.
Also a better review of how they differ strong point and weak points of them .
Just say it is better really does not prove it.
I have found pros and cons to all the top of the line airbrushes and have found one thing to be true it is all in how it works for you .
Hope this makes sense .
Paint choice , airbrush choice is all personnel preference so it is nice you have found a airbrush that works better for you.

I would go for one reason. The nozzle is drop in and does not screw in. Much easier to clean.

Yeah but witch one is easier to clean?

The HP-Cp is going to be a bit more of a "professionals tool". It's more precise, but requires a bit of care. Or a bit more, I should say. With a .2 nozzle in it, it's known as "the poor man's micron" for a reason.

The HP-CS is a bit more of a workhorse brush. It's made to be easy and simple to take apart for cleaning or repairs. It's a bit less refined than the C+, but it's still surprisingly capable.

Basically, with the HP-C+, you get a more refined in trade for some durability. With the HP-CS, you get a bit more of a workhorse but a bit less refinement. You do get the MAC valve with the HP-C+, but, IMO, they're over rated. I use a qd-mounted MAC valve instead. But, that's more personal preference than anything.

The HP-C+ will give finer detail, but if you're looking for a detail brush, I'd look at an HP-B instead.

I'm ok with maintenance, I already got a hp-bcs and hp-bc+

I ask the question because with the hp-cs and c+ you have only 0.05mm difference...

The bottom feed one have 0.2mm and the detail differenceus huge!

Ps: high performance plus line dont have MAC valve ... high line got it

Hey Blackthorne, it depends what you're using it for - what type of work to you intend to do with it?

In my opinion the eclipse is the unbreakable workhorse. The HPC is a little more refined, but there's not a great difference in detail. If i could do it all over again I'd go an eclipse, then a micron - probably jump straight past the HP-C or high line.

However if you want an allrounder and don't want to buy more brushes, then the HP-C.

I agree with what Draggin has said about the brushes.

Hum im a beginner so, i'm not sure... the only thing i like about the high performance plus is the preset handle you dont have on the eclipse ... for mac valve ... i got one on my quick disconnect and i never use that so...

I think ill got an eclipse ... and micron later if i want more details :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote would be for the HP-C plus. It gives a wide range in variety of what you want to spray. It was the first brush i ever got and the one i go to daily. The preset handle can be nice even though i dont use it much. But for trying to do fine detail with it, you can set the preset and it give yourself a stop for practicing fine detail. Which if you do it enough, it will help your muscle memory for later on without having to use the preset handle and be able to do it by touch and feel. I kinda look at the preset handle as a practice tool for beginners in my opinion. Thats about the only good thing about them lol But being i have tried an eclipse model i cant really compare, but from personal experience, i love the HP-C plus.

I would go for one reason. The nozzle is drop in and does not screw in. Much easier to clean.

Yikes, how bad was that response from me. That is what you get when you type on a phone and then edit it.

The Eclipse is easier to clean. Also if you go for the c-Plus, you will need to replace the airvalve spring. That thing is super hard. But as you more up the Iwata food chain, getting better results is easier.

My vote would be for the HP-C plus. It gives a wide range in variety of what you want to spray. It was the first brush i ever got and the one i go to daily. The preset handle can be nice even though i dont use it much. But for trying to do fine detail with it, you can set the preset and it give yourself a stop for practicing fine detail. Which if you do it enough, it will help your muscle memory for later on without having to use the preset handle and be able to do it by touch and feel. I kinda look at the preset handle as a practice tool for beginners in my opinion. Thats about the only good thing about them lol But being i have tried an eclipse model i cant really compare, but from personal experience, i love the HP-C plus.

I already got an hp-bc plus ... so maybe i can use my handle on an hp-cs..?

Its fit on my hp-bcs eclipse ... so i suppose it will fit on a hp-cs eclipse...

Back