HP trigger in CM

Never had any issues with the shorter trigger. Personally not keen on the taller trigger it feels like i m pulling back for ever.

Lee

Last night I watched some of the Olympos videos from Frank Artale and in the SP video he mentioned the shorter trigger. The whole world is going taller but I like the short ones. Even Dru Blair now uses a shortened version made by Marcus Eisenhuth. The Olympos ones are available to order separately.

And looking at them I noticed that the HP shafts look a lot like the CM ones but with different heads. I took out my quite old HP-B and installed it into the Micron. Perfect fit. I measured it it was just a hair width shorter. But the biggest difference was how nice the flat and textured top felt. This is just my opinion seeing that I only use the tip of my finger on the edge of the trigger.

Now if I can get that design for my Eclipses it would be great. A bit of OCD kicking in there.

View attachment 44773
THATS CRAZY !! I JUST POPPED ON HERE And I did the same thing to my CM-C2 i took the trigger out of my hp-sb and put it in my Iwata Micron. I hate that new tall wobbly p.o.s. trigger. I tolerate the one on the Olympos Micron, because i am so use to it because iwata has been using that design on all there Eclipse models & the original Iwata Micron since day one. I just think the flat HP style is the most comfortable.AND BTW that is not the stock trigger on the SP-B. They sent me that one Special as a gift

That SP-B model they gave me in the video has a couple differences. They refer to it as "Low Pen Sense" whatever that means. And I can't find it on there site. but they show it on there FaceBook page.

And don't be mad at me for bragging. I was just very happy that they did that.

Yep Thats it ! And BTW I see u have an lph-80 in your stable a very well kept secret in the airbrush community, but not the automotive industry

they need to replace all these trigger type airbrushes with the lph-80 because it is amazing, all the way from a .5 to the 1.2. i do alot of impossible spot repairs with that gun. it is amazing. But knowing the best of both worlds, being an autobody painter and an airbrush guy. I may have to do a video and demo how versatile it is. Maybe i feel this way because I have a trigger hand being that i use sprayguns allday. But then again I have an index finger hand too :) I think i will make some free time tomorrow at work

The hp-c in my collection was yours..

really ? i just realized u wrote that. I did not see it.
I don't know if i told u, i have an hp-c i bought on ebay. it works incredible. If i had to keep just one of my many, it would be that one hands down.
It sprays superfine and it has a .3 needle. BUT, the nozzle looks like it came off of an olympos 200 series.(not the mp200c). But im not sure . I spoke to the guy i bought it from and he said it was stock. Who knows . But i would not sell that hp-c for 500 and im not kidding. its a freak

really ? i just realized u wrote that. I did not see it.
I don't know if i told u, i have an hp-c i bought on ebay. it works incredible. If i had to keep just one of my many, it would be that one hands down.
It sprays superfine and it has a .3 needle. BUT, the nozzle looks like it came off of an olympos 200 series.(not the mp200c). But im not sure . I spoke to the guy i bought it from and he said it was stock. Who knows . But i would not sell that hp-c for 500 and im not kidding. its a freak

image.jpeg

I commented on a post they put up on facebook. I said to olympos. I like the low trigger and the inlet airvalve they stole off the 200 series but why no crown cap or needle adjustment handle. They replied you can buy it seperately. Anyway on my next order they threw an sp-a, and that sp-b u see above.
So I took the tail and the crown from the sp-a and put it on my sp-b. then i took the .18 set up and put it in a sp-c they gave me from my previous order and sold it . yeah :)

That SP-B model they gave me in the video has a couple differences. They refer to it as "Low Pen Sense" whatever that means. And I can't find it on there site. but they show it on there FaceBook page.

I think that the "pen sense" comment from Olympos refers to the brush's ability to write and behave like a pen and feel just as comfortable, I've seen you in your videos creating super thin lines, I'm sure you felt yourself that this was a lot easier and more comfortable than trying to do the same with a larger nozzle or lesser quality brush, I can get fine lines with my Eclipse but it was far easier with my Micron B, so the pen sense with low added to it probably refers to it being more like holding a pen, I am only guessing of course but looking the the table Andre linked it seems to be mentioned in all cases with smaller nozzles and to be honest after switching from B models to side feed, I find the feel closer to that of holding any of my pencils and that alone makes me feel more comfortable:)

I think the way Dru holds the trigger at the first joint of his index finger is mainly why he feels it gives him more control. Plus with the addition of the softer spring the shorter trigger makes more sense. Less fatigue on the finger and after all it not like your trying to pull a two inch line with a micron SB. If that's what you need use an Eclipse and make your life easier. I think it all depends on the way you like to position your finger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the wright post for me to make my suggestion if I'm not just let me know. I have seen some post about shorter trigger or longer, the same with Springs. I saw a video where some one was modifieng his airbrush trigger with RTV and a plud. And then he cut the spring for a lighter pull on the needle. Well I kind of wanted to do the same but dont like the idea of putting RTV on anything if its not nesesary, or cutting the original springs when there steal in good shape.This was my solution. I have had this bumper pads for years. Im kind of a pack rat so I save everything. You can get this at a harware store, K mart, Walmart etc. 20160819_200757.jpg 20160819_202345.jpg20160819_202045.jpg And I have to say for me this feels pretty good specialy sense it has a dome shape. Now the spring, 20160819_202316.jpg 20160819_202247.jpg This come in about ten inches long and you cut them to what ever length you need. You can get this at MSC Direct or McMaster Carr.

Well, I painted for a evening with the HP trigger in my Micron and I don't like it. For some odd reason it feels as if I'm pushing the lever too far down and this does not give me enough room to pull back. Maybe I will get use to it. The way I hold the gun also took a while to get comfortable. I'll see again at the end of this picture I'm busy with.

Another evening with it and it is starting to feel good. Still feels as if I pressed the trigger too far but I can now have the back travel sorted.

Back