I dont understand

S

shadow2462

I have 2 Badger Velocitys and don't get me wrong I am very happy with them but i'm at my witts end. I was sitting down to place an order for supplies only to find out that seemingly everyone is "out of stock" on the needles (ultra fine .2mm) and nozzle both. I know someone will state the obvious..and say "order a couple of them" but that's not the point, every time I need a replacement no one has them in stock. I purchased the Badgers because they were good quality brushes on a very tight budget and parts were very reasonable vs. an Iwata because they were mor than double the price, not to mention the much higher cost on parts. I'm sorry I needed to vent because I don't understand why Badger can not keep a higher level of parts especially when they have several models that use the same part (Velocity, Spirit, Krome). Right now I am not a happy camper.:mad::mad::mad::depressed::depressed::depressed:

Now you see one of many reasons I'm against badger. They have bad production and make to order so that's why everything is always out of stock.

Unfortunately that has been the case with them. The only badger I have left is the Patriot, it's built real solid and I don't see myself needing parts unless I drop it. On the other hand, I have so many Airbrushes and parts, anything shy of Armageddon and I'll be good.

They are on Amazon with free shipping if you're a prime member.

Personally have never ever come across any issues as Immortal has and at times yer bad experience can create an unlike for a particular brand, as I have with Iwata LOL, if its only needle replacement, take em down to your local engineer to re-grind the tip, you can do this quite a few times without needing a head or nozzle change if your enginner is good enough to match the angle and they shld be..This may save a lot of heartache waiting for spares or any manufacturer to catch up on supply needs..and in some cases even improves the needle..But no doubt it is frustrating, have you also tried looking into OS suppliers, sometimes they may have stock and in some cases get it too you just as fast as a delivery in your own neighbourhood, best of luck m8

I hear ya Justin, I realize the economy has flushed down the hopper but if they want to make money ya got to have product to sell. It just sucks that we are forced to either buy junk or the high end of the market, do to these situations there doesn't seem to be any step in between in which people can give it a go with out mortgaging their house and car(s). I am not rough om ny equipment but in my older years I seem to be a bit more fumble fingered lately...lol I have dropped that teeny tiny little sucker several times and fear I will not find it one time.

No RebelAir I am good with needles I had to replae a cracked nozzle a bit back where I was having issues with performance and found a crack in the nozzle after checking under jewlers loup. I have another that is just not performing as it did and I cleaned and cleaned the nozzle and what I thought was a spec of paint seems to be a fracture forming. I have tried chicagoairbrushsupply, coastairbrush, TCPGlobal, and one would think that Chicago where Badger happens to be from would have before others but apparently not. I try to stay away from sleazbay and amazon and buy from reputable suppliers.

I think dickblick also stocks them but being they are in IL as well, probably order it from badger as well. I have noticed for the past few years this trend of always out of stock and that just doesn't cut it this day and age. It's a dog eat dog world and if you can't meet a demand, you will eventually get eaten alive. I can't trust a company that can't keep a steady supply since failures always happen at the worst possible moment and a mystery wait time for parts is bad business practice imo. Don't get me wrong, I respect Ken and have talked to him numerous times. I appreciate what he is trying to do and keeping an airbrush American made, but at least for me it makes "us" look bad when it seems like hardly anything is made here anymore.

I try to stay away from sleazbay and amazon and buy from reputable suppliers.

I can understand eBay, but Amazon? I ordered a Micron from there, realized I didn't want a CMC because of the cup design. They let me return it, no questions asked. They get the parts from Badger just like everyone else. It's like saying, "I won't buy my Kraft Mac N Cheese from Walmart, I only get it from Target."

Amazon shows that the supplier is Badger Airbrush.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411957811.118361.jpg

I don't agree, if you walked into a store and they were very rude people and the place was a mess, you wouldn't buy something from them just because it came from the same supplier. I hate amazon. I worked there for 2 years and all of the stuff like the airbrush supplies are through external "companies" that are sellers exactly like that found on ebay. All amazon is doing is allowing them to advertise and provide shipping for a cost using their name. The products never even go through a hub amazon factory or anything. Like with the picture posted, it's sold by some place calling themselves best service stores. For all you know it could be a trailer in the middle of the woods run by 2 people that steal merchandise from factories. I've had a couple lawsuits against these sellers on amazon and they (amazon) don't protect you from getting ripped off for excrement.

I don't agree, if you walked into a store and they were very rude people and the place was a mess, you wouldn't buy something from them just because it came from the same supplier. I hate amazon. I worked there for 2 years and all of the stuff like the airbrush supplies are through external "companies" that are sellers exactly like that found on ebay. All amazon is doing is allowing them to advertise and provide shipping for a cost using their name. The products never even go through a hub amazon factory or anything. Like with the picture posted, it's sold by some place calling themselves best service stores. For all you know it could be a trailer in the middle of the woods run by 2 people that steal merchandise from factories. I've had a couple lawsuits against these sellers on amazon and they (amazon) don't protect you from getting ripped off for excrement.

Everything in your first sentence is why I don't shop at Walmart. [emoji2]
Actually, the picture I posted was a bad example. Anything I buy from Amazon is generally under Prime and sold by Amazon. I have never had any issues returning anything purchased under Prime. Otherwise, if in Shadows situation, I would roll the dice for $10.

Just because various suppliers are out of stock, doesn't mean Badger isn't producing the parts. It could be these suppliers are not ordering from Badger and keeping up with their demand. I would suggest ordering from www.webairbrushes.com, which is Badger's online retail store. If you put in "Wicked Jeff" at check out, you'll get a 40% discount.

Too late, Dickblick had 3 sets( needle, nozzle, pronged cap) for $ 21.50 and I bought 2 sets....I usually pay $18.50 but does not include cap so I guess it equals itself out. I usually buy from Coast, and Chicago most of the time.

*** thanx JT I'll try to remember the coupon code.....and I do usually check them as well but I guess I forgot them this time.

Yer soz m8, didn't see the nozzle need, glad ya got it sorted, never had huge issues getting parts here but mail wait time generally sucks LOL

Back