I got Myself an Iwata

Kingpin

AKA, SIR KingPin
Staff member
Mod
Woohoo Thanks to 2D I am now the proud owner of an Iwata HP-SB :D

It took longer to travel a couple of hundred miles in the UK than it took for the Iwata to leave the States, have a little holiday in Singapore and then arrive in London!! :)

Thanks again Brother :thumbsup::cool:

20230519_110719.jpg
20230519_111832.jpg

Thanks Flex, I am looking forward to seeing what it can do, but first impressions are very very good :)

It’s a great gun, and it will last even longer if you maintain it and clean it thoroughly after every use. I still have my very first Iwata Eclipse I bought in the early 90’s and it still sprays like a champ. Maintenance goes a long way!😃👍🏻
I just recently purchased a brand new Paasche AB Turbo that had never been used and it’s in pristine condition, so I know exactly how you feel about finally getting the brush in your hands.😉

It’s a great gun, and it will last even longer if you maintain it and clean it thoroughly after every use. I still have my very first Iwata Eclipse I bought in the early 90’s and it still sprays like a champ. Maintenance goes a long way!😃👍🏻
I just recently purchased a brand new Paasche AB Turbo that had never been used and it’s in pristine condition, so I know exactly how you feel about finally getting the brush in your hands.😉
Couldn't help responding to your Turbo purchase. Congrats, of course... I recently purchased a second Turbo, unused, though seized through drying out. There was an unusual factor, in that the needles supplied with the brush were too large ! I was stunned. The needles were a good 3mm longer than mine, and simply could not function. So with a strip down and clean and lube, and a correct needle, voila... a new Turbo. How on earth was it sold with the wrong needles? The original owner apparently gave up on it.

I'd tell you to enjoy it Ian but it looks like you are. I'm glad. If you're looking for anything besides a turbo let me know. If I don't have one I'll keep my eye out. I find brushes:cool:. The turbo is rather popular right now as I'm looking for one for another member also.

Congrats :) and well done to @2Diverse for helping you spend your money lol

When I started I saw everyone raving and recommending a side feed but I couldn't figure out why, it took be a few years to get one THEN I could see why it had the reputation of being awesome. its now my go to brush.

Wow.., that’s unbelievable, but I’m glad you were able to give a little TLC, and back to working condition. I was very lucky, because ever since I decided to start an AB collection, it has been a blessing, because I have been able to find 3 within the past 3 months in great condition. 2 used and 1 never used in pristine condition. My goal is 5, so I have 2 to go!😜👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpeg
    IMG_5282.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5281.jpeg
    IMG_5281.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 5
Congrats :) and well done to @2Diverse for helping you spend your money lol

When I started I saw everyone raving and recommending a side feed but I couldn't figure out why, it took be a few years to get one THEN I could see why it had the reputation of being awesome. its now my go to brush.
I use a Iwata micron SB side with large cup and I love it!😃 It definitely is the first brush I pick up each and every time I step into my studio.😜👍🏻

Wow.., that’s unbelievable, but I’m glad you were able to give a little TLC, and back to working condition. I was very lucky, because ever since I decided to start an AB collection, it has been a blessing, because I have been able to find 3 within the past 3 months in great condition. 2 used and 1 never used in pristine condition. My goal is 5, so I have 2 to go!😜👍🏻
That's so nice. It looks to be a later model than mine, which are both from the 1990's I believe. Fancy buying so many in quick succession! I wonder why you want five particularly. For my part I wanted to make sure I always have a usable turbo with parts (whilst I'm here). Pics are of the one I picked up from Melbourne through ebay, a truly rare opportunity here. The other is my original of 30 odd years, with a more comfortable and better weighted handle (from Paasche VSR 90).

Attachments

• IMG_20230520_135117_474~2.jpg
    IMG_20230520_135117_474~2.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230520_135532_174~2.jpg
    IMG_20230520_135532_174~2.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 4
That's so nice. It looks to be a later model than mine, which are both from the 1990's I believe. Fancy buying so many in quick succession! I wonder why you want five particularly. For my part I wanted to make sure I always have a usable turbo with parts (whilst I'm here). Pics are of the one I picked up from Melbourne through ebay, a truly rare opportunity here. The other is my original of 30 odd years, with a more comfortable and better weighted handle (from Paasche VSR 90).
Actually the serial numbers would show how little I know about the three brushes, other than I bought mine in the early nineties from a retailer.

Woohoo Thanks to 2D I am now the proud owner of an Iwata HP-SB :D

It took longer to travel a couple of hundred miles in the UK than it took for the Iwata to leave the States, have a little holiday in Singapore and then arrive in London!! :)

Thanks again Brother :thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 83401
View attachment 83402
I had lusted over these on the Olympo website for some time, but eventually I bought a customised HP-101B 0.3 to 0.2. Silly really, I only ever use one or two drops of ink, and with such a long route from such a large cup, I soon realised that I only need a side feed if I paint large areas. It does happen sometimes. I was attracted to the HP-SB partially because the paint cup will stand alone.

They look really NICE! I’ve always loved these brushes, but I didn’t know they would make such an impact with after 3 decades. If I would’ve known back in the 80’s, I would stocked up on them brushes!😃 I say my goal is 5 because it’s my sons favorite number, and…it will help my self control on buy more to reach my favorite number 16!😂 These brushes are mainly memorabilia and not really for personal use. I regularly use my Iwata CM-C Plus and CM-SB, and occasionally my Harder Steinbeck Infinity CR Plus, but my go to will always be the SB; I just love the it performs.

Back