I guess my fault but why?

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Just finished my artwork and started to clean my tools.
And cleaning the AB noticed this:

Got into detail mode and noticed this too:

49864491_10216568064101661_9030198237675388928_n.jpg

Pretty sure I'm not doing something right, besides that the needle is off-centered (saw in airbrush trouble shooting guide, spattering at an angle, (this is what it does in the video, right?))
So the nozzle needs to be replaced (2nd time) how am I causing this cause I can't understand...:(

The only logical thing I can think of is that when I re-insert the needle I apply too much pressure causing the top of the nozzle to expand outwards?

Please can someone help me out?

I can't really make out what's up with it in that picture.

It could be flared like you suggested.

But if the nozzle looks perfect, it may actually be the nozzle stem is out of center. So the head base is messed up.

I can’t help with the off centre needle. But I have experienced the off centre spray before, I thought the nozzle was damaged, but gave it a good soak and a clean anyhow and that fixed the problem. I’m not saying that’s the answer, but it did work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with Robby on the head base being messed up it happened to me years ago with a richpen airbrush that needed a new nozzle I managed to damage the head base and bend it to the side the damage looked a lot like yours

I have to agree with Robby on the head base being messed up it happened to me years ago with a richpen airbrush that needed a new nozzle I managed to damage the head base and bend it to the side the damage looked a lot like yours

I'm gonna do another cleaning but if it's the head base I'm in deep-pocket trouble! :D:Dlol

Those marks near the nozzle tip are most likely from the aircap rubbing it as it's screwed on.
I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'm leaning towards a bent nozzle post.

one more question @Dimitris did you use the little wrench to remove and install the nozzle or a special nozzle removal tool ?

It was going to be the last time using the little wrench, was going for the toolkit...

It can be bent back with some skill, or you could replace it with a 770 base if money is tight.
The finish won't match, but it will work right.

I've never done such repairs, don't think I'm going to manage it.

that tool kit is expensive but very good and yes the little wrench is trouble in the making I ditched them all and bought the sparmax tools for removing the nozzle and air valve but here is the trick : I only use it to loosen up the nozzle and remove the nozzle by hand trick 2 : when I need to install a nozzle I first install the needle and slide the nozzle over the needle tip and use the needle to guide it and I screw it in by hand and only use the tool to tighten the nozzle up but just a little without using any forse at all

If it's your nozzle stem in the head core, I have a few spare micron heads laying around, no nozzle, no air cap, and one has a gouge scratch from where I stupidly used pliers and a paper towel to get the head off my CM-C+ for the very first time. :rolleyes: Here's a quick pic, don't count on that nozzle it has, that baby is chewed to death, it may not be pretty, but it's functional. http://imgur.com/gallery/BHYHkpB
:thumbsup:

Is this a NEO? If it is, it's 100% that stupid seal, which I may see from your pictures. They are a bit blurred.

put the air cap on, and take another pict from the front, as straight on as you can to the exit hole in the air cap. On a Micron, thee is no reason to remove the nozzle from the base for cleaning, just take the entire head base off the brush,and clean as a unit.

Thanks for the cleaning-info @DaveG very informative! These are what I could get as much closer and centered as I could using a magnifier and my cell phone...

10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

trick 2 : when I need to install a nozzle I first install the needle and slide the nozzle over the needle tip and use the needle to guide it and I screw it in by hand and only use the tool to tighten the nozzle up but just a little without using any forse at all

Figured that by luck and have been doing that since then. It's real tricky with the first attempt to screw the nozzle in without guidence.

Back