I guess my fault but why?

yeah, those picts are not clear enough to see... I was hoping to see the gap between the air cap, and the outer edge of the nozzle. It is in a fully assembled position you will be able to see if the nozzle is off center, and then you adjust from that point. The gap should be nice and even all the way around. If it looks like the nozzle is touching one edge, you can try making a mental note of where it is touching, then remove the air cap, loosen the nozzle a little, then apply pressure in the opposite direction of where it was touching the air cap, while tightening it. Not a lot, but just enough to try to coax the nozzle over as you snug it up.

Being outside the States, I am not sure what an easy remedy would be - here, I am sure that Iwata Medea would fix that for you if you sent it in.

Edit: Your nozzle/air cap should look like this -

17457280_1068594939912760_2524760215274790708_n.jpg

at least the gap looks even - so replace your nozzle, and you should be good to go. When you put your needle in, try holding the trigger deliberately forward while seating the needle. You want to just get it to seat in the nozzle - if you are unsure when that is, try putting water in the brush, and pushing the trigger down, and forward to release air - slip the needle forward, and you will see when the water stops coming out. Tighten the needle chucking nut before letting pressure off the trigger, and you should be good to go.

There ya go, cracked nozzle.
Have you banged the needle?
If not it's probably what you said that you're putting the needle in too firmly too often as it does seem a bit flared as well, that gap seems a bit small all the way around.

didn't banged it, but I got the bad habit of inserting the needle firmly and quickly.

at least the gap looks even - so replace your nozzle, and you should be good to go. When you put your needle in, try holding the trigger deliberately forward while seating the needle. You want to just get it to seat in the nozzle - if you are unsure when that is, try putting water in the brush, and pushing the trigger down, and forward to release air - slip the needle forward, and you will see when the water stops coming out. Tighten the needle chucking nut before letting pressure off the trigger, and you should be good to go.

Thanks a lot Dave! This is a valuable tip for me, found out today that I'm a nozzle destroyer!

When I put in my needles I first put my finger along the chucking nut, and my thumb on the trigger, like so:
20190107_075028-01.jpeg
Sorry for that pic but it's pretty hard taking pics of this process, thankfully I have a Note 9 and can take the pics with the S Pen. :thumbsup:

Anyways, I use the tip of my finger to rest the tip of the needle along side of it.
20190107_074916-01.jpeg

This allows you to guide the needle in without having the wobbles, causing you to bang your freshly polished and inspected needle into the end of the chucking guide. Now the reason my thumb is on the trigger is to hold it fully forward, as well depress it down so that the needle won't accidentally bang into the bottom or sides of the trigger. Make sure to watch the needle go thru the needle packing. Their is enough play in the chucking guide to allow the needle to bang into this too.
20190107_075109-01.jpeg

You should be able to feel the shoulder of the bevel clear the packing. If it becomes so tight that you have to really force it, your packing is waaayyyy too tight. Finally I push her home gently while loosely pinching the sides of the needle.
20190107_075332-01.jpeg

Don't have your finger on the end pushing, by pinching when you reach the nozzle it allows your fingers to slide when you fully seat the nozzle. If you feel a stickiness when you pull back on the needle you seated it to hard. Load up some water, or cleaner, and test spray to insure no leaks. I usually point mine at my desk surface, and hold down just air while holding the tip a few mm away. If it starts to create a spot, then while still holding down air I loosen the chucking nut, slightly pull the needle back, and reseat gently until any evidence of spray is gone. I know this sounds like a long process, but it's one I learned after years of trial and error, and once you get it down we're talking a matter of seconds. ;)

When I put in my needles I first put my finger along the chucking nut, and my thumb on the trigger, like so:
View attachment 57745
Sorry for that pic but it's pretty hard taking pics of this process, thankfully I have a Note 9 and can take the pics with the S Pen. :thumbsup:

Anyways, I use the tip of my finger to rest the tip of the needle along side of it.
View attachment 57746

This allows you to guide the needle in without having the wobbles, causing you to bang your freshly polished and inspected needle into the end of the chucking guide. Now the reason my thumb is on the trigger is to hold it fully forward, as well depress it down so that the needle won't accidentally bang into the bottom or sides of the trigger. Make sure to watch the needle go thru the needle packing. Their is enough play in the chucking guide to allow the needle to bang into this too.
View attachment 57747

You should be able to feel the shoulder of the bevel clear the packing. If it becomes so tight that you have to really force it, your packing is waaayyyy too tight. Finally I push her home gently while loosely pinching the sides of the needle.
View attachment 57748

Don't have your finger on the end pushing, by pinching when you reach the nozzle it allows your fingers to slide when you fully seat the nozzle. If you feel a stickiness when you pull back on the needle you seated it to hard. Load up some water, or cleaner, and test spray to insure no leaks. I usually point mine at my desk surface, and hold down just air while holding the tip a few mm away. If it starts to create a spot, then while still holding down air I loosen the chucking nut, slightly pull the needle back, and reseat gently until any evidence of spray is gone. I know this sounds like a long process, but it's one I learned after years of trial and error, and once you get it down we're talking a matter of seconds. ;)

Doing the exact same process except the end...That's where I don't slow down pushing and end up touching the nozzle with that tiny force, small, but enough to make the tip of the nozzle open and probably crack... Those are very clean pics BTW!!

Back