I learned the hard way

Z

zayen

:eek: NEVER clean your airbrush over a sink!!!!!!!!!
Today i was cleaning the airbrush, the nozzle and needle over the sink, had the nozzle in a cup, wanted to throw the water out... and klingggg the nozzle went down.
I was lucky it was still in the syffon, and could safe it pfff

Lucky hey.
I was doing some detail one day and took the cap off the brush and dropped it on the floor, my dog then picked it up and ate it.

You could have got that back phoenix .... if you really wanted to!!! Lol!! You think thats bad my very first airbrush that i bought with my money, i got it home took it out of the box. Was looking at it smiling!! Took the needle cap off.... and dropped it. It stuck in the hardwood floor like i dropped a dart!!!! Bent the needle and cracked the nozzle and never even got to put paint in it!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lol when i was 13 i sprayed my old guitar in the basement with a lacquer clear coat. mind you my "spray booth" of 4 poorly hung sheets of plastic were 3 feet from the water heater and furnace. woo after two coats i thought the place was gonna explode.

You could have got that back phoenix .... if you really wanted to!!! Lol!! You think thats bad my very first airbrush that i bought with my money, i got it home took it out of the box. Was looking at it smiling!! Took the needle cap off.... and dropped it. It stuck in the hardwood floor like i dropped a dart!!!! Bent the needle and cracked the nozzle and never even got to put paint in it!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No thanks just got a new one.

Hahaha And i thought i was unlucky :eek: seems it brings back memories ;)

For cleaning purposes i have a plastic bucket with a lid .The bucket has a cage with a handle to put anything you want to clean into .I have the bucket filled with a water dilutable gun cleaner which also cleans solvents .The lid top has 2 pieces of hose pipe inserted through the lid ,This is for just inserting the AB and blowing cleaner or water through .This i have in my workshop as there is no water supply and makes it a doddle for cleaning up and i can also use the hose pipe inserts for AB stands if needed .I also have a powder that i add to the cleaner and water which collects all the particulates from the liquid and sinks to the bottom .

Today i was cleaning the airbrush, the nozzle and needle over the sink, had the nozzle in a cup, wanted to throw the water out... and klingggg the nozzle went down.

This is indeed good advice, but it's a shame I didn't see it 2 months ago, I lost the crown tip protector from my first airbrush doing exactly this, however in Holland they have an expression "geluk per ongeluk" which simply means that you had good luck as a result of bad luck, I discovered that I can get in a lot closer without it, I remove them and replace them now only for storage.

I feel your pain! My "ah ha!' moment came very late one night getting ready for an art show. I was having trouble with a clogged nozzle in my new Micron (my fault) and rather than unhook from the air line and work on it on the table, I figured I could run some solvent through it and force the clog out with air. (I can hear your snickering!) I got tangled up in the air line, dropped the airbrush on the cement floor, cracked the nozzle, and bent the needle!

How does that MasterCard advertisement go.... "Replacing a precision nozzle and needle: $200. Overnight shipping from California to Michigan: $65. Learning to ALWAYS do repairs on the table on a padded mat: PRICELESS." LOL

Well it is quite embarrassing ... especially when you have to finish an artwork.
You were lucky :eek:

I have to add my own experience to this had my airbrush in pieces in a bowl with cleaner my gf dumped the bowl in the sink didn't say anything to me put what pieces she could find back in the bowl then a couple days later I go to put it back together and bam incomplete airbrush.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back