I make my compresor STFU !!!!

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
I'm sure that you already seen this modification before , is very used for airbrush , just remove the original motor of my compressor :

articulo388_2.jpg

And replace it with an old fridge motor , Now I can paint at any time , even at night .

PD: I void the compressor warranty :livid:
PD2: DJB Modding is the name that I use in my PC Modding projects

Attachments

• 100_3087.jpg
    100_3087.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 76
A very clever modification, and clever that you put your own name to it as if it was entirely your own idea.

I assume your from Holland since the compressor here is from "Gamma" a Dutch do it yourself shop, I also live in Holland and am a member of Modelbouwforum.nl where there are at least 10 step by step threads over this same mod.

I've also read on the same forum of people having problems trying to fill larger tanks with a fridge motor that just isn't made for the job, if your original compressor was 12 bar, a fridge motor giving only four would be useless.

It would be nice to see a step by step for this here on the forum, outlining all the do's and don't's surrounding this mod, I certainly would not advise anyone to try this without any proper knowledge of what they are doing, not only could you be sorely disappointed but the end result could even be dangerous.

One guy on the Dutch model forum proudly posted his own thread showing how he made his "Silent compressor" and then 2 days later he posted another thread asking "Why does it take the whole day for my tank to fill up?" He certainly achieved his main goal of creating a silent compressor since it doesn't get any more silent than collecting dust on shelf.

When I started this project , the chance that the motor has not enough power to fill the tank was real :ghost:, I take the risk because I get this motor for free and the process can be reverted and make it like the original again. :friendly_wink:
When I started this project , the posibility that the motor has not enough power to fill the tank was real , I take the chance decose I get this motor for free and the proces can be reverted and leave it lake the original again .
My tank is 24L and the motor is 1/6HP (smaller than i like , but is free :D ) , from empty take less than half an hour to fill it , I use it yesterday to paint a couple of hours without problems , the motor produces more air than the airbrush consumes , so I never run out of air.
With a larger motor , I'm sure that will fill the tank faster and the motor would have more resting time.
With larger tanks or faster recovery , You can even use 2 motor for the tank , like this one:

compresor casero - YouTube

I'm not encourage people to do this modification , I just showing what I did (I gess I would do it if work for a year:victorious:)
This system needs some other modifications to make it better (like add an oil-level to control it ) and is still in test period , remember that can be undone easily.

I made it following a guide that I found in internet , I think that a guide to the forum must be done by someone who really understand the process , better than me.

PD: I'm from Argentina , we have Gamma too

LOL, I didn't know they had Gamma in Argentina.

I was planning to do this myself, I have small 6 litre tank and I can get the motor no problem, It's everything in between I don't understand, that's why I say if some who fully understands the process could do a step by step to avoid the possibility that it could be a failure, that would help a great deal.

2 motors is certainly another option and I think also maybe better one, 2 X 6 bar motors must give 12 bar, or am I being stupid, I ignored all the step by steps I saw here here because they were all based on "Maybe this will work" and "maybe that will work", I would have to be more sure of a successful result.

My process was easy because I just change motors , the tank , automatic valves (with lower and upper pressure set ) and manometers are already set and working.
If you build the system entire system you need to know the maximum safe pressure for your tank , and buy valves calibrated for the pressure.Some people uses directly , without automatic valve and control the pressure by themselves , I totally disagree with that , safety first , distracted by painting es very dangerous

Interesting mod but I still fail to see the point of ruining a perfectly good compressor LOL. For those wanting a silent compressor its really easy- buy one LOL (They ain't that expensive these days). This removes any issue with voiding warranty's or potentially blowing yaself up and I think its a good idea to have access to both types of compressors for different uses)..:)..Alternatively I think its an easier mod for most to build a sound proofing box for their standard compressors or mounting their compressor in an area outside the house (Say in a shed) and hardwiring airhose to run through a wall into their painting area or utilising a large volume air storage vessel, but I do understand that many like to tinker with such and it looks like you've done a good job so well done..

One question-Does having the compressor running for half an hour to fill that volume of tank increase water condensation in the tank? I know my little silent compressor, due to operating temps and temp differentials at times creates as much water as it does air, so is this an issue on such set-ups?... :)

Interesting mod but I still fail to see the point of ruining a perfectly good compressor LOL. For those wanting a silent compressor its really easy- buy one LOL (They ain't that expensive these days).

I buy this compresor for $800 (argentinian money) , one silent compressor ( a little one specific for airbrushing or for dentists) are between $2000 and $3000.-
The only unexpensive silent compresor here are the nebulizer type but are very limited
I live in an apartment , so the other silencer methods don't work for me

One question-Does having the compressor running for half an hour to fill that volume of tank increase water condensation in the tank? I know my little silent compressor, due to operating temps and temp differentials at times creates as much water as it does air, so is this an issue on such set-ups?... :)

I still don't notice that issue , but I regularly purge the compressor , so there is no problem .
I think that condensation depends more of the amount of humidity en the air than the filling time

Not to sure on the conversion rates m8 in dollars but I got a dual cylinder silent compressor for AU$120 which isn't far off I think about 800 odd argentinian pesos of Ebay m8 which is an airbrush specific. Its prob Chinease LOL but it does fine, with no pulsing or such, of course bigger and badder and more expensive options are there, am mentioning this as if your gonna spend about the same on a normal compressor and then mod it it kind of doesn't make financial sense when one could be bought for about the same coin and save ya a lot of time (Again more to those considering doing similar).... I do understand its hard for those in flats or apartments to use other means of silencing..

Compressors though heat air up so essentialy once this hot air comes in contact with the colder inner tank surface again (Or hose surface once it leaves the compressor) condensation occurs, so its not all based on the external humidity, temperature variation also plays a part, as the compressor is running for a fair while in your mod and heats up itself it would create even hotter air so I was wondering if there was water issues in such a set-up..I've never built one and had always wondered, cheers for answering..:)

Not to sure on the conversion rates m8 in dollars but I got a dual cylinder silent compressor for AU$120 which isn't far off I think about 800 odd argentinian pesos of Ebay m8 which is an airbrush specific.

There you got a good point. LOL
When I buy this compresor , I buy it thinking in all this features , like use it to inflate bicicle weels of my kids and of my car , and that can be used with a paint gun too , so I choose one bigger than an specific airbrush compressor.

About Ebay , well , our "dear" president of Argentina make new regulations about buying stuff outside the country (she don't like it) , and all of them make harder and expensive the import process , specially with big thing that can't be send by regular mail.Instead of this , I will give a try buying some inks , that are smaller and cheaper , just in case that it never get here

our "dear" president of Argentina make new regulations about buying stuff outside the country (she don't like it)

Well that sucks LOL, didn't know that was an issue m8 :)..and yer its definately handy to have a compressor that has multiple uses, although I think the mod you made may make it hard to use a spraygun, you'll empty the tank pretty quick and half an hrs a while to wait between passes LOL.

Must be a bugger when it comes to buying supplies and such :( I live in a pretty small town so have to rely on mail, couldn't imagine not being able to do such...Hopefully ya pres will one day see that EBAY is good LOL..The most important thing though is at least your mod allows you more painting time without annoying the neighbours too much, when I lived in suburbia my compressor nearly got me in a couple of fights LOL..GL m8 and again an interesting version of a silent compressor build..

Back