I messed up and need help on my horse!!

Seamonkey

Air-Valve Autobot!
So let's begin at the beginning, when I started this I ground the metal, cleaned, sprayed adhesion promoter to get flat clear coat to stick for my base coat. I completed the project but messed up on the border. Had to grind off what I had to redo it. It gave a neat effect with part of the paint ground off but now I need help!! I need the promoter to get the clear to stick to the metal again or it will basically wipe off.Can I spray adhesion promoter over wicked paint with out it wrinkling it up or do I need find a way to shield it?
This is what it looks like now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346979418.171425.jpg

Josh

i think that actually looks pretty good, seagorilla, it kind gives it a rustic antiqued look, but hope you get what your hearts desires, lol

I like it, makes it more obvious (without picking it up and realising it weighs a tonne) it's painted on metal. As for your question.....I have absolutely no idea, but I thought about being of some help, and it's the thought that counts right?

The best thing to find out is to do a test run on something, i recommend that anyway when using new materials with each other.

Hey Seamonkey, this is where my skills come into play.

Firstly if your first lot of adhesion promoter has dine the job, the law of averages says that shouldn't be a problem, however in the interests of being sure and to protect your masterpiece from an undesired finish, here's what you must.

Get a hold of some low tack masking tape, tape this onto the side of some old paper that will be used to protect your painting, but do it in such a way that on only about 1/4 of the sticky side of the tape is still visible, apply this to the side of your painting covering up as much of the black border as possible but while keeping a straight line, do this all the way around your border until you have everything covered, when your satisfied everything is protected, you can start to spray your border, but spray at an angle and away from the edges of your tape to avoid the risk of fluid creeping under the tape, once your done, remove the masking tape slowly while your adhesion promoter is still wet, this will avoid the risk of lifting anything off the surface.

Whatever you do, do not ruin that painting, if you do, I will come over there on the first bus and bitch slap you until your turns nose red, lol

I like it, makes it more obvious (without picking it up and realising it weighs a tonne) it's painted on metal. As for your question.....I have absolutely no idea, but I thought about being of some help, and it's the thought that counts right?

Thanks squish for your thought, lol!

Josh

The best thing to find out is to do a test run on something, i recommend that anyway when using new materials with each other.

Well I ain't painting another horse just to try it on, lmao!! Just kidding!! I may do that.

Josh

Whatever you do, do not ruin that painting, if you do, I will come over there on the first bus and bitch slap you until your turns nose red, lol

Lmao, thanks for the help, and that would be one hell of a bus to cross the big pond in!!!

Josh

Lmao, thanks for the help, and that would be one hell of a bus to cross the big pond in!!!

Josh

Scots buses have the same wheels as monster trucks only bigger so they can drive on water, they were originally designed to drive over anything that got in our way, but didn't you know that already, I thought you were a man of the world, I always looked up to you, but now I think I don't need to aim so high, that can only be good for my neck, lol

Lol, well at least I could get one hell of a head start, cause they ain't fast in water!! Lol, I did know that and I was just testing you!! You past with flying colors there for you get an A+ and the gold star!! Lmao!

Josh

Hey Seamonkey, this is where my skills come into play.

Firstly if your first lot of adhesion promoter has dine the job, the law of averages says that shouldn't be a problem, however in the interests of being sure and to protect your masterpiece from an undesired finish, here's what you must.

Get a hold of some low tack masking tape, tape this onto the side of some old paper that will be used to protect your painting, but do it in such a way that on only about 1/4 of the sticky side of the tape is still visible, apply this to the side of your painting covering up as much of the black border as possible but while keeping a straight line, do this all the way around your border until you have everything covered, when your satisfied everything is protected, you can start to spray your border, but spray at an angle and away from the edges of your tape to avoid the risk of fluid creeping under the tape, once your done, remove the masking tape slowly while your adhesion promoter is still wet, this will avoid the risk of lifting anything off the surface.

lol thats funny madbrush, i can just see it fur flying everywhere as you wail away on josh and your sleek european man purse swings violently back and forth on your shoulder messing up your perfectly manicured hair dew, in the mean time cordky moderator/referee is standing in the side of the ring biting his lip but hes not really there cause he off trying to fix his insatiable fixation with marissa o and her hot golden custom micron, u guys are sick, dont break a nail:****sure:

Back