I play with plastic toys...

I don't know who those guys are, but I'm going to assume its a very positive comparison! lol

I will admit that I can get a little, well, opinionated from time to time. No one likes a know-it-all, even me, so I'll expect you all to cut me down to size if'n I get too big for my britches!
Well Mitch is the owner of the forum aka AirbrushTutor , Kev is co-admin aka Cordyk and the Monkey aka Seamonkey or Josh is a Mod as well as our other SuperMod Ad Fez But real life stepped in and they have not been on a lot so I have to give them a hard time to see if it will get them to come out of hiding .
So as far as positive comparison I doubt I could make it much higher then that:D
Those guys are some of the best you can find as most of the members are on here:D

Well Mitch is the owner of the forum aka AirbrushTutor , Kev is co-admin aka Cordyk and the Monkey aka Seamonkey or Josh is a Mod as well as our other SuperMod Ad Fez But real life stepped in and they have not been on a lot so I have to give them a hard time to see if it will get them to come out of hiding .
So as far as positive comparison I doubt I could make it much higher then that:D
Those guys are some of the best you can find as most of the members are on here:D
I better start finding time, or Im gonna be one of these "Ghost" members lol!!

Hey Welcome from the UK TBurns. Yes! Someone else who talks as much, if not more than I do LOL. Your wealth of knowledge and experience will be very welcome here, and I'm sure the modellers will be stoked. Even those of us who aren't modellers will be picking your brains for sure, and I'm sure everyone would love to see some of your planes, so post up those pics :D

BTW everyone, notice how I did not make any smutty references to the title of this thread? I am the very essence of restraint and good virtue lol

Many welcomes from Washington State TBurns :) I too started out doing models...well just 1 really big model of the Millennium Falcon. I bought an airbrush (Badger 360) to improve realism of shades ect cause brush strokes on a model (unless intended) are hideous! Anywho I havent touched the MillFalc for over a year. Kinda gettin the itch for it again so am glad an experienced modeler like yerself is around. :)

BTW everyone, notice how I did not make any smutty references to the title of this thread? I am the very essence of restraint and good virtue

Was waiting for it, you disappointed me though m8 LOL, but another mental image I don't need LOL

I knew it would be you to mention the title of this thread Squishy!! LOL
Anyway, welcome to the forum TBurns! It's always great to have a veteran AB'er join our community!

Wow.. that was one helluva introduction, I love it!
Welcome aboard from another "tool junkie". :thumbsup:

Thanks, Matwes! I see you have a Zsolt customized V2 Micron SB. What's that like? I've modified a few of my Iwatas with his soft springs, and I've read and applied his needle polishing techniques to several of my airbrushes (you should see what it does for a Neo CN! Amazing!) with really good results. What modifications does your SBv2 have? Did Zsolt install them for you?

Welcome from the other side [ and yes, Squishy, it is currently DARK here.LMAO] of the world, Australia!
Whilst not having done any model anythings, it's always interesting to see what others do with an airbrush.
We like to watch!

Thanks, Matwes! I see you have a Zsolt customized V2 Micron SB. What's that like? I've modified a few of my Iwatas with his soft springs, and I've read and applied his needle polishing techniques to several of my airbrushes (you should see what it does for a Neo CN! Amazing!) with really good results. What modifications does your SBv2 have? Did Zsolt install them for you?

Just minor upgrades done to my Microns at the moment, soft springs, Golden Cup and crown caps. More will come! :)
I have polished the needle on my Eclipse and it performs significantly better after that. But on a sharp recommendation from a reliable source I have stayed away from polishing the Micron needles on my own.

Just minor upgrades done to my Microns at the moment, soft springs, Golden Cup and crown caps. More will come! :)
I have polished the needle on my Eclipse and it performs significantly better after that. But on a sharp recommendation from a reliable source I have stayed away from polishing the Micron needles on my own.

Interesting. Thanks!
I had thought about giving one of my spare Micron needles a polish, but maybe I'll hold off. It's quite good already, and there's no point messing with it.

Here's my CM-SB v2.

85ba8a1ed08e635fa02dfc4a56acb8fe.jpg

Hello and welcome Tburns to the nut farm from the US.

@Squishy Well Miss Squishy my first thought from the title was "i hope they aren't blow up" lmao
So feel good that I addressed it for you. lol

Hello and welcome Tburns to the nut farm from the US.

@Squishy Well Miss Squishy my first thought from the title was "i hope they aren't blow up" lmao
So feel good that I addressed it for you. lol

Yeah. That didn't really occur to me until AFTER I'd posted that title. Oy.

So I worked a booth at a trade show last weekend - for the first time, mind - for my regional Iwata distributor. The Rocky Mountain Model Train Show. It was great fun. I was dead tired each evening, but it hardly seemed like work, as the days just flew by. I got to help out with the clinics, too, which were one-hour classes designed to introduce people who'd never tried it to the bare basics of airbrushing.

The most curious thing, however, was the number of people who came by the booth and, in passing conversation, said something to the effect of "Yeah, an airbrush. I have one of those. I've never taken it out of the box." I heard this no less than thirteen times in two days! Now, I'm intimidated by some power tools: chainsaws, for example, and circular saws. It's easy to forget, I think, how intimidating these little shiny painting tools can be. They're full of fiddly bits, they have lots of variables - paint, thinning, pressure, distance, trigger - that have to be coordinated, and they're relatively expensive.

I'm not sure if I have a point here in posting this. It was an interesting weekend, and I think the thing I took away was the need to encourage novice airbrush users to spend time working with their airbrush, dismantling it, cleaning it, and - above all - shooting paint with it, even if it's just on scrap paper for practice. Classes help, but this is like piano, or swimming. The only way to learn it and to get better is to do it.

Wow! That's a real beauty!

What do you think of the new trigger? I've ordered two from Coast to retrofit to my HP-C and CM-B, but they haven't arrived yet.

I have not tried the previous version so I can't compare the both. But compared to my Eclipse it is Lovely, a little bit taller which imo adds Control.

@TBurns , I have sent you a Private Message (opened a conversation), have you seen it?

I have not tried the previous version so I can't compare the both. But compared to my Eclipse it is Lovely, a little bit taller which imo adds Control.

@TBurns , I have sent you a Private Message (opened a conversation), have you seen it?
I will check. Thanks.

Back