I play with plastic toys...

welcome from Ontario, Canada. Ya I'm old so I had to take a nap half way through intro but did finish once I woke up. LOL
Not a modeler myself but always interested what others create - so by all means, post some pics.

Here's the latest. It's a 1/48 scale Pegasus Models Me-262. It's a snap-together kit my nephew Sam and I started last spring (he's 8). He asked me to paint it for him, so I'm trying to wrap it up for Christmas. It's intended to be hung from his ceiling, so we built it gear-up. It's only been five weeks since the surgery on my hand, so I'm using this as a way to work back into airbrushing. So far, I'm fairly pleased with the way it's turning out. Paint is Tamiya Acrylics, mixed to match late-war Luftwaffe color swatches in my library. Heavily thinned with GSI's "Mr. Color Leveling Thinner", and mixed with a drop or two of Tamiya clear gloss to aid flow. Sprayed at about 10-12psi through an HP-C+ and an HP-B+ (love that airbrush!). These are just the base shades. I still have to do some touch-up here and there, and I'm undecided about layering some variations on the base colors to add some "life" to it. Enjoy!IMG_5087sm.jpg IMG_5098sm.jpg IMG_5103 sm-1.jpg

Back