For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

I was wondering

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by huskystafford, Jun 4, 2019.

1. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

If I put reducer in to my sbs cup and spray a little of that reducer so I can see it goes out of nozzle, and then let it sit for like an hour, I have reducer ''working'' exactly where I would need to clean my airbrush when I am done. Right?

Yesterday I needed to go out so I put some reducer, sprayed a little and hour , two later I sprayed that reducer at 60 psi. After that I sprayed some water at 60 psi also.
    Usually i use dental brushes, but airbrush is working without a problem today. So colored red would be where reducer would soften color? Airbrush does pull the color or reducer from the cup, but when all the paths(chambers?) are filled with fluid, it just add from the cup to the fluid which is already in chambers? So In theory I have reducer sitting for an hour in all the parts which get in contact with color when I spray right?

sbs.jpg
    doc1 likes this.
  2. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

yes ;)
    huskystafford likes this.
  3. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Short answer to a long question lol

Don’t forget to unscrew the bottom of the side cup and clean under there, and the plastic disc. I’m always surprised at what’s hiding under there :)
    doc1, huskystafford and DaveG like this.
  4. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

#5 seal and the outside of the nozzle is outside the flow of paint. The needle past the teflon seal as well. Otherwise it is correct. You don't need to clean anything that does not get in contact with paint. That is why it is almost never necessary to fully strip the gun.
    huskystafford and DaveG like this.
  5. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

Thanks guys, much faster to clean like this.