i'm a cheap guy who need's cheap materials...

I think you will find the same way I did when I first started airbrushing 15 years ago that taking the cheap way out can end up costing you more money in the long run. Best way to save buy in bulk. You can't go wrong buying quality cause it sure beats having an AB job fall apart a year or less down the road. Frisket I use oramask 810 why cause it works amazing have used other products they don't work for me. There is nothing worst than trying to be cheap been there bought some tac paper from the home depot you know the paper they make for cabinets tried using it as frisket it left residue again costly mistake time wise. If you are going at this to make money and take a cheap way out I have seen and fixxed some crazy mess ups. You can kill your rep faster than you can build it. One bad job will haunt you more than a hundred jobs will help you. What is you are painting that needs adhesion promoter? I use bull dog yes expensive but no peeling or problems and that is on a sport bike windscreen that has seen 150+mph, thats a hard hitting bug. Allot automotive clear is pretty flexible. Also gotta be careful with rattlecan clear it is a hotter mix then a 2k clear which can cause wrinkling of paint nothing worst than hours of painting then seeing it all wrinkle before your eyes. Wicked paint has been what I have seen as the cheapest best product for the money as far as a water borne paint goes. If you wanna save $$ look for coupon codes and discounts online before buying. Also Coast Airbrush will price match or beat any price. Everyone loves to save money but at what cost. Scotch brite pads go to napa grab one grey one red should last a long time grab a couple tack rags while your there. Figure out what your time is worth also because you need to figure that in to.

Hope I can help. I'm just speaking from my experiances. If not then then can I join in with the thread jacking. LOL JK

Yeah cheap paint isn't necessary, ive filled half my car with for white as a. Start colour 4oz, 4oz for about a whole side, using white a lot.

So u don't need cheaper paints.

yes i need all this stuff...i have used paper insted of fricket...sometime i do stuff that will not alow that..and i'd still be paying for tayp and paper..and i do need the AP i paint on a ton of plastic stuff the paint will not stick well and fall's off in 3 weeks..i sell my art and haveing people call me saying"what the hell we want our mony back you suck blablabla" that will not work for me, thank you for all you help i do not want to offend you in any way, if this work's for you then you should go with it..i'v done it that way for a few year's and cone anymore..and i do reduce my paint.about 50/50 or sometime's 60/40..please dont freakout and make me fell like carp for asking a question...i just wanted to make a post..thank you

Hey man,I'm not offended at all, just confused. If that makes you feel crap then I'm sorry, but maybe you need to lighten up. I was genuinely trying to help in my own little way, with no knowledge of your previous experience admittedly. I assumed from reading your post that you were maybe relatively new and were hoping to cut out spending too much money. My mistake, but hardly a freakout. I am not professional but I do sell my work, and have realised that I really do not need a lot of the stuff I thought I did, which saves me a ton of money, and is what I was trying to convey to you.

Whatever, my advice wasn't helpful to you, but I have to say I've been around this site a long time and that's the most negative response I've ever had here. This is a great forum to be part of and I hope you stick around and get all of the great advice, help, and fun you can here. Just sorry you didn't feel you got that from me. There are good people, great artists and amazing characters on this forum, and all of them have helped me a great deal, hope they can do the same for you, and that maybe you can return the favour to someone else in turn.

Back