i'm a cheap guy who need's cheap materials...

Z

zerrak1

okay first i'd like to say i'm vary familiar with this site although i'm so new [a week or so] i have went through like all the threads in this whole site!!! i'v learned a lot, helped a little and tried my hardest to aggravate josh..[it's not easy but i think i'v got him on the run] i love this forum and all the folks on it [i'm not sure about some of you0_o] [and some of you i'm sure i'm not sure and you][everyone else is okay..i think...okay i'm not sure about that] ya'll have helped me a lot already and i thank you for that!!!

anyway's the point of all this >.< see it..=p

i need some cheap item's for my airbrushing if you can help i'd be much obliged and i know some of you are pocket pinchers like me [some day we shale own this world, untell them we stare at it with hunger in our eye's]

#1 scotch bright pad's i found some for 3$ [i'm in the u.s.a. so all my prices shale be in dead presidents on green tender]

#2 adhesion promoter 8$ a can??? i dont think so auto zone!..also dose it matter what clear coat you use with any AP..i know some primer will give fit's if you dont use the right claer..

#3 flexible clear!! i realy need this [i olny use rattle cans atm] what's a good clear that is good on plastic?? under 10$

#4 cheap paint in BIG bottles atm i'm useing cratex [and love it] but if ya'll get createx [or wicked or anything better] for under 17$ for a 16 ounce bottle

#5 frisket paper of any size or type, except the clear crap i cant stand the see thru paper

#6 one woman willing to love,cook,clean, wiliness to rub my feet,and loves to fish[i under stand if ya'll cant help with this one..if i find one i'll give you all a holler]

this is my frist post that was not a replay to someone else, and you all can bet it wont be my last, as you can tell i'm a friendly guy with a dork bone the size of a good stake, hope ya'll dont mind be on your forum..if you do blame josh, he made me join lol [blame him anyway's he need the excitement]

i thank you all if you can help..if you cant ..read the replays and pray!!

Think outside the box.
Scotch bright pads ,, Find the Dollar store 10 pack red or gray for a 1.00.
I have used rattle can Krylon plastic paint as an adhesion promoter works great Kmart 1.77 a can Same with a affordable flexible clear Krylon tuff plastic clear..

As far as needing big bottle of paint???? I have createx 4 OZ bottle that I still have not ran out of and use a lot. Never thought about having to buy anything bigger. Now if you were talking HOK that is a different story. I seem to go through that faster..

Hobby lobby with 40% off coupon for the Scrape book crystal clear or matt finish ultra low tact contact paper..9 bucks for a 30 foot roll 2 foot wide.
Oh the 9 bucks is not minus the 40% by the way.

I know a lot of women who love to fish and are great cooks .

Yes poor is the artist :D

Yes you must leave aggravating Josh to the Pros like Ran and I:D Are skulls are way to thick to explored...:D

lol , i have a pressure relief valve at the base of my cranium i purchased at big lots for 4 dollars,, plumbers tape, 40 cent,, the expreience, priceless

lol , i have a pressure relief valve at the base of my cranium i purchased at big lots for 4 dollars,, plumbers tape, 40 cent,, the expreience, priceless

LMAO now that is funny and I can get a great mental picture of how it looks...

Oh and yet another Jacked thread from the thread jackers ........

Think outside the box.
Scotch bright pads ,, Find the Dollar store 10 pack red or gray for a 1.00.
I have used rattle can Krylon plastic paint as an adhesion promoter works great Kmart 1.77 a can Same with a affordable flexible clear Krylon tuff plastic clear..

As far as needing big bottle of paint???? I have createx 4 OZ bottle that I still have not ran out of and use a lot. Never thought about having to buy anything bigger. Now if you were talking HOK that is a different story. I seem to go through that faster..

Hobby lobby with 40% off coupon for the Scrape book crystal clear or matt finish ultra low tact contact paper..9 bucks for a 30 foot roll 2 foot wide.
Oh the 9 bucks is not minus the 40% by the way.

I know a lot of women who love to fish and are great cooks .

Yes poor is the artist :D

hey mr. micron..okay i'v been to a few dollar store and havent found any SB pad's that dont have a dual layer which wont do me much good, i'v been to like 6 different $ stores and am yet to find a 10pack or a solid single layer pad...never heard of useing krylon paint for AP i'll give it a go, that's what i use for clear and primer, as for a kmart around me that's hard, i'v been to all the stores in 2 counties and nothing for 1.77 but i'll try kmart.com and see if i can get it sent to my house...i use createx as stated and i have a 16ounce that's hafe full, i bought it in may,and i do reduce it a lot! i'v been to hobby lobby,i ask for fricket paper, thay look at me like i have a goat crawling out my ear!!, i explain it to them, we go back to the AB part of store, i say do you have anything like this cheaper? then i'm told[buy glue in a spry can and some thin paper and make your own]...the woman thing was a joke i have a feonsay who refuses to share me.

i dont mean to sound argumentative with you, but i'v done all the above the best i can, i will make a trip to kmart sometime it's like an hour or so..and i'll try some more $ stores, it's not like we shot usually of them

thank's

hey mr. micron..okay i'v been to a few dollar store and havent found any SB pad's that dont have a dual layer which wont do me much good, i'v been to like 6 different $ stores and am yet to find a 10pack or a solid single layer pad...never heard of useing krylon paint for AP i'll give it a go, that's what i use for clear and primer, as for a kmart around me that's hard, i'v been to all the stores in 2 counties and nothing for 1.77 but i'll try kmart.com and see if i can get it sent to my house...i use createx as stated and i have a 16ounce that's hafe full, i bought it in may,and i do reduce it a lot! i'v been to hobby lobby,i ask for fricket paper, thay look at me like i have a goat crawling out my ear!!, i explain it to them, we go back to the AB part of store, i say do you have anything like this cheaper? then i'm told[buy glue in a spry can and some thin paper and make your own]...the woman thing was a joke i have a feonsay who refuses to share me.

i dont mean to sound argumentative with you, but i'v done all the above the best i can, i will make a trip to kmart sometime it's like an hour or so..and i'll try some more $ stores, it's not like we shot usually of them

thank's

hey bro, in all honesty all you need is your imagination and your airbrush,, all the rest is work...

thank's

Guess you just gonna have to move down south to Indiana....

but here is the stuff I use Self-Adhesive Magic Cover Roll | Shop Hobby Lobby Funny how the on line for hobby lobby does not off the same things the store does.
But I have used the spray adhesive and paper trick too works all right except leaves a lot of glue on the piece and you have to use goo gone to clean it up.

the dollar store I go to is named the Dollar tree.
The local Kmart has all the Krylon paint on sell here. But the also have a lot of competition at the location I get mine from.

But I do realize that they stock different items in different stores depending on what they think will sell.

grate..i'v read about 24 threads you clowns have jacked and now you did it to me...ya know i went to school with to guy who we all call jackers...thing is them to little boy's had a problem with keeping there hand's out of there paint's [or threads as the old folks called em in the day]...did you to ever attend class in michigan;]

hey bro, in all honesty all you need is your imagination and your airbrush,, all the rest is work...
now i'v only been hear a week or so, and i'v seen ton's of guy's asking about "paints" "air tanks" "compressors" "pencils" "lighting" "cleaners" "etc" etc" etc why didnt you ever tell them that?? heck i'v been doing it wrong for years, think of the electricity i'd save if "imagined" i was heating my shop instead of running a space heater.....unfounty barneys advice kinda went out when i was 8...=]

Guess you just gonna have to move down south to Indiana....

but here is the stuff I use Self-Adhesive Magic Cover Roll | Shop Hobby Lobby Funny how the on line for hobby lobby does not off the same things the store does.
But I have used the spray adhesive and paper trick too works all right except leaves a lot of glue on the piece and you have to use goo gone to clean it up.

the dollar store I go to is named the Dollar tree.
The local Kmart has all the Krylon paint on sell here. But the also have a lot of competition at the location I get mine from.

But I do realize that they stock different items in different stores depending on what they think will sell.​

well it's actually closer for me to get to indiana then the kmart..i'm in coldwater mi and it's like 15 mls to the border..i have a ton of family down there away to the south end though...i'm not sure about the cover roll..think i'll stick to what i got

thank's!!

Gabe​

grate..i'v read about 24 threads you clowns have jacked and now you did it to me...ya know i went to school with to guy who we all call jackers...thing is them to little boy's had a problem with keeping there hand's out of there paint's [or threads as the old folks called em in the day]...did you to ever attend class in michigan;]

now i'v only been hear a week or so, and i'v seen ton's of guy's asking about "paints" "air tanks" "compressors" "pencils" "lighting" "cleaners" "etc" etc" etc why didnt you ever tell them that?? heck i'v been doing it wrong for years, think of the electricity i'd save if "imagined" i was heating my shop instead of running a space heater.....unfounty barneys advice kinda went out when i was 8...=]

lol , well if you read 24 threads we have jacked and your buddy josh was probably in on some of them, then why did you pm me asking me for my advice or try giving me your advice.. you told me josh yelled at you for bringing up old threads, thats what are they are there fore,, looking up commonly asked questions.... oh well all you need to learn will be learned in the old threads thats you can look up, best of luck to ya ..

Clowns ...LOL love it. But I did try to help you out, and yes you have only been here a short time but to me you are now a part of the family.
I was not intending to piss you off and no I have never went to school in Michigan , I did instruct some Navy seals and recon Marines in the Great lakes but that was back in the 70's.
Paints , air tanks and the such gets asked about a million times on any paint forum. All we can do is tell you what we use , No magic just hard work and a lot of practice time .
now true story . When I was about 15 I wanted to learn to airbrush but guess what no internet , No one to ask advice form and what few local guys who did airbrush would not tell you anything.. They said learn it like we did and just do it. So now come the golden age of the internet and these wonderful places we call forums where we can talk to people from all over the world. Now air brushing is not as big of secret as it was. Artist are willing to share and teach.
Do I know it all ... Hell No and I never will , Why because art and ideal change daily.
So if I have offended you in anyway , I am truly sorry I did not mean to disrespect you or any other member on this site.
I guess I will just go back to keeping to myself and just read post but never comment due to I hate to think the words I type in fun , offend anyone.

Out.......

Clowns ...LOL love it. But I did try to help you out, and yes you have only been here a short time but to me you are now a part of the family.
I was not intending to piss you off and no I have never went to school in Michigan , I did instruct some Navy seals and recon Marines in the Great lakes but that was back in the 70's.
Paints , air tanks and the such gets asked about a million times on any paint forum. All we can do is tell you what we use , No magic just hard work and a lot of practice time .
now true story . When I was about 15 I wanted to learn to airbrush but guess what no internet , No one to ask advice form and what few local guys who did airbrush would not tell you anything.. They said learn it like we did and just do it. So now come the golden age of the internet and these wonderful places we call forums where we can talk to people from all over the world. Now air brushing is not as big of secret as it was. Artist are willing to share and teach.
Do I know it all ... Hell No and I never will , Why because art and ideal change daily.
So if I have offended you in anyway , I am truly sorry I did not mean to disrespect you or any other member on this site.
I guess I will just go back to keeping to myself and just read post but never comment due to I hate to think the words I type in fun , offend anyone.

Out.......

aman to that micron, but i think there is more to the story than you know about...

Hi Zerrak, I'm so cheap I got money that isn't even in circulation anymore, but can't let go. So tight if I sat on a piece of coal it would turn into a diamond, basically, you got more chance of parting me from my money than splitting an atom with a blunt butter knife. However I can't be your shopping guide cos I don't live in the USofA. What I can tell you though is think outside the box, do you really need all those things, or can you come up with/beg/borrow/steal an alternative. Frisket for example, if you want to make stencils or masks, you can make em out of good old paper and just tape it or even hold it in place, spray adhesive is good to have but if I haven't got the moolah, I manage without. Paint is a bit sucky, it's works out cheaper in the long run to buy a bigger bottle, but I never do. It goes farther than you think, specially if it's well reduced. Scotch brites, you could probably buy in bulk for a cheaper price online, and maybe sell some on to get some money back. I did ask the mother in law to consider not shaving, but I think her stubble is too heavy a grade for rubbing down paint.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! YOU ARE THE MOST WHINY OL FARTS I'V EVER KNOW!!!! for two ol'boy's from the south i'd thought you'd be able to take it as you dish it out.. guess i was dead wrong...FRIST

Out.......
i guess i should call you SIR..but i'm not sure how to feel about you any more[up till now reading ALL your 1000 or so post i liked you and thought you was reay smart]...but we got off on the worng hoof straight from the start..i didnt mean to offend you[i thought i made that clear in my frist reply

thank's

between to two of you i did get a little "pissede" be happy in the fact that that it wasnt just you..

i wasn't asking for magic and i'll work harder then any guy my age you put next to me! i was asking if anyone uses adhesion promoter that dindint cost 13$ ..this was stuff i need and use and i wanted to save some money!! i'v looked all over the web and been in 30 or so stors trying to fond stuff to use for a price i can afford...i didnt want magic, i sell my work it would be nice to make some money on this but no i losee money with all the over priced stuff u use...i'm sorry that you got offended and so that you may continue to enjoy this site that i know you love yo be i'll be leaveing as soon as this post is done so you SIR may be IN....

as for you came off a little strong as well
lol , well if you read 24 threads we have jacked and your buddy josh was probably in on some of them, then why did you pm me asking me for my advice or try giving me your advice.. you told me josh yelled at you for bringing up old threads, thats what are they are there fore,, looking up commonly asked questions.... oh well all you need to learn will be learned in the old threads thats you can look up, best of luck to ya​

frist of all "my buddy josh" [who told me what grate guy's i find hear and how cool they wear] and who in a hole week i still havent meant, told me not to replay to a post more then a month old or more old, i had posted to an old post..mr.micron may remember that one..that's when we meant​
quote_icon.png
Origina
lly Posted by Seamonkey
I'm in!!! Who is this josh fellow? Sounds like a D bag know it all with a badge!!! Lmao!!! Micron you know I'm the third stooge in the thread jacking king club!! A thread has not been officially jacked until Seamonkey arrives, lol!!

Josh
So what you are really saying is seamonkey like to jack....interesting.....LMAO

But no it is only officially jacked when You , Ran and I have jacked it ... Thread jackers of the world unite Herb

yeah i kinda stared that...

as to PMING you that's not what he was talking about, he meant i shouldnt replay to a thread that old and make it pop up to the top of the forum...and you sounded like you needed some advise..and i had it..and could beafit from it..THATS WHAT YOU DO ON A FORUM LIKE THIS...
oh well all you need to learn will be learned in the old threads thats you can look up, best of luck to ya ..

no.. that's why i spent 6 hours a day reading 1000s of post was to find what i needed.. and i didnt..THATS WHY I ASKED..

i'm sorry guy's you both seem like grate guy's with lot's of smarts..but if this is what i do to a AWESOM site like this then i have no place hear..sorry this thread jacking party got crashed..i'll just go pretend i have paint in my brush and spay some cool stuff..wonder if i could find a better forum to post it on...i was hopeing you two had seen the smiley faces at the end's of my post..as in i was messing and didnt want to sound mad..enjoy your site [best tough guy voice] OUT!!​

Hi Zerrak, I'm so cheap I got money that isn't even in circulation anymore, but can't let go. So tight if I sat on a piece of coal it would turn into a diamond, basically, you got more chance of parting me from my money than splitting an atom with a blunt butter knife. However I can't be your shopping guide cos I don't live in the USofA. What I can tell you though is think outside the box, do you really need all those things, or can you come up with/beg/borrow/steal an alternative. Frisket for example, if you want to make stencils or masks, you can make em out of good old paper and just tape it or even hold it in place, spray adhesive is good to have but if I haven't got the moolah, I manage without. Paint is a bit sucky, it's works out cheaper in the long run to buy a bigger bottle, but I never do. It goes farther than you think, specially if it's well reduced. Scotch brites, you could probably buy in bulk for a cheaper price online, and maybe sell some on to get some money back. I did ask the mother in law to consider not shaving, but I think her stubble is too heavy a grade for rubbing down paint.
yes i need all this stuff...i have used paper insted of fricket...sometime i do stuff that will not alow that..and i'd still be paying for tayp and paper..and i do need the AP i paint on a ton of plastic stuff the paint will not stick well and fall's off in 3 weeks..i sell my art and haveing people call me saying"what the hell we want our mony back you suck blablabla" that will not work for me, thank you for all you help i do not want to offend you in any way, if this work's for you then you should go with it..i'v done it that way for a few year's and cone anymore..and i do reduce my paint.about 50/50 or sometime's 60/40..please dont freakout and make me fell like carp for asking a question...i just wanted to make a post..thank you

#1... You might hit up your local autobody shops. Scotchbrite pads last a long time and most shops throw them out way before they are actually used up. You might be able to claim their throw aways.

#2... If you use a lot of adhesion promoter, it would probably be cheaper to buy it in a quart (provided you have a spray gun). House of Kolor AP01 runs about thirty bucks a quart and goes a long way.

#3... There's actually no such thing as a flexible clear. A flex agent can be added to clear to reduce the possiblity of damaging the paint when installing plastic parts like bumpers; however, the flex agent evaporates with the other chemicals as the paint cures. In other words, there is a window of opportunity when using a flex agent.

#4... There are cheaper alternative paint systems (with automotive urethanes anyway). Check with your local body shop supplier and see what is available in your area.

#5... coastairbrush.com

#6... You left out willing to serve cold beverages to yourself as well as your friends... lol

Hope this helps...

Ok, Zerrak1 where do I begin..... These guys (Mr.Micron and Ranhalen) did nothing wrong here, yes they jacked the thread, but this happens and yes I am guilty for a lot of them, especially with my partners in crime here, lol! But it is all in good fun in hopes to get YOU and everyone else involved in conversation and to answer your questions. You talked about them not being able to take it as they give it, I think you didn't follow suit. You got offended pretty much because you didn't get the answer you were looking for right off the bat and you were completely out I line with the comment ....

"ya know i went to school with to guy who we all call jackers...thing is them to little boy's had a problem with keeping there hand's out of there paint's [or threads as the old folks called em in the day]...did you to ever attend class in michigan;]".

I know you were just playing, I seen the :) but that type joke was out of line. I have known micron for 10 months now, I feel that we are pretty good friends and even I wouldn't even attempt to pull off that joke, that's just the wrong type of comeback. They answered your question. And it really does get monotonous answering the same questions over and over again. Ran did nothing wrong either with his comment about all you need Is your AB and the rest is work. There was nothing wrong with that because its true. He is basically saying you really don't need everything you stated to do this type of art form, at least not enough to make you lose money airbrushing. Granted you do need the adhesion promotor for painting on plastic, and that is the price for it, it sucks but that's it for a rattle can, with that being said you will be amazed at how much you get out of one of those cans. I have painted 20 welding hoods and helmets and the horse painting and the ark painting with the same can. It's not like paint, all you really need with plastic is a light coat then paint. I also have used the plastic krylon paint micron talked about but I think it's $3 a can here, and it works well for small stuff. Frisket, go to coastairbrush or tcpglobal.com and you can get a roll 18 inches wide and about 30 feet long for the same price as the stuff at hobby lobby. Scotch bright pads are at the store. That's all I can tell you because every store has different packages and prices.
Hope this helps with your questions and just think before make a joke of that nature :)

PS. I did not yell at you or even be mean when I said don't bump old threads when I sent you that PM. I was trying help and save you time and frustration of not getting answers from them. If you read it like I was yelling at you then that's all on you. You were bumping threads that go back to the first month of the forum and asking questions to people who I haven't talked to in 8 months.
I said that you should focus your questions on threads that are more recent because it is more likely you will get a response from someone who is still here so that your comments and questions wouldn't go to waist. Also I'm positive I said to read any and every thread all you want, there is lots to learn in there.
Not yelling, I was helping :) so don't PM ran or someone else saying I did that, please. Thanks :)
Hope you stay on and everything will be great again.

Josh

Back