im complete newbie

M

mike kozlan

hey all
biggest question i have is what is a good kit to paint models with.i have been wanting to try painting with a air brush for a long time but never felt i could.now i want to try it .

Wrong .. wrong wrong, How about we try again... with a proper introduction instead of 'Hi, i have a question' !!

Where do you call home, we may be able to suggest a good reliable supplier nearby

what sort of models do you currently paint, do you plan on using that same paint in the airbrush, if so what paint is it (it may not be suitable)

do you want to venture into 'Art Painting'

Do you have an unlimited budget ?

What @JackEb said... too vague and while we are friendly we have no idea who you are... :) To give you an idea the Iwata eclipse is a great all rounder that will do most things and last forever. You need to budget 1/3 brush 1/3 compressor and then the rest on ancillary stuff to set up 1/2 decent.

Go along to the Airbrushtutor page and check out his videos then review what you think you need. He covers the set up, brushes, compressors, etc.

Yes more information would be most helpful in giving you the best advice we can,
Model size also helps us point you in the right direction on which airbrush will suit you.
anyone can point you to amazon but if you have a local trusted retailer close to you I would love to see support for them :D
We do have a couple of retailers as members here as well.
So as you see the better introduction you give use and the more details (not home address of course ) you can tell us the better help we can give.

Hi! I have the answers
All of them to nonsense questions like hey who is Joan of arc.. ... does that count?

Kidding... Welcome to the forum

anyone can point you to amazon but if you have a local trusted retailer close to you I would love to see support for them :D

this is great advice
as a newb myself and having just purchased my first airbrush, i chose a local seller
it may have been slightly more money, but the customer service they provide more than makes up for that

plus it is an extra little boost to the local economy/atmosphere

Back