I'm going BADGER, I've had it with Iwata!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually try to stay outta comparison issues because each and every individual will have their own experience and will prefer one brand over another. Im pretty sure most here know Im a HUGE Badger fan. Thats because of 3 major reasons, 1. Its very comfortable in hand 2. Quality, it is American made and is a superior product (I like to help my fellow Americans out), 3. Price along with Customer Service. I've yet to see a company that stands behind the product they sale as much as Ken and his crew have. Sure, no company is perfect, they have flaws like any other company, the difference is stepping up to admit and fixing the issue which I can personally say Badger will do!!! I do own Iwata product as well so Im not just bragging on Badger because thats all I use. I have the Custom Micron CM-C and the Iwata HP-C+ and they are both good guns, however the parts are way too pricy when I can get the same effect with my Badger products for half the price. Im not knockin Iwata's precision products because they are good products, I just dont care for their price. Why would I pay more for an over seas item when I can get just as good a product here at home? What I dont agree with is the fact that Iwata does not take any time to help you work through your issues, they think theyre superior product never has flaws when Josh's case, even if it may be the first claim filed (which I doubt) may be the first sign of a bad run of material that Iwata may need to look into. Im not saying this is the case, but its highly possible. Happens all the time with metal products. What would it hurt them to send Josh a replacement under the assumption that there may truly be a problem with that batch they put out and they could put a damper on the issue quick. I havent had the best luck with Iwata customer service and thats just one more reason why I will keep my money here in the states to help my fellow Americans, just as I would hope Iwata's country would buy their product to help their country. No matter what the issue is, everyone is going to have a different opinion. Thats the way the world works, always has and always will. I say agree to disagree and lets get back to a good clean forum. We're all grown here, we can have respect for others opinions without being offensive. It all boils down to preference........sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt meant that way, just wanted to remind everyone here that we can all have our own opinions and still get along!!! Josh, I will send ya my Krome if it will help you finish your videos, let me know! I will need it back of course, as I love that brush, lol

No offense taken here. Well said!! You can keep your Khrome cause I'm headed home to talk to the wife! I have some flowers with a sales pitch on why I should get to PURCHASE (caps for clarification) it now vs. getting the tip replaced and i have the receipt for how much the old nozzle tip cost. Also have a little white lie ready on why this is the only way she will get her Christmas present in time for Christmas morning, lmao!! Think I may have this in the bag, :) !!

Josh

I became a fan of the Micron, but I just never understood why Iwata did not go for the self-centering construction, which is cheaper to produce and less vulnerable in maintenance, while not necessarily of lower quality than the fragile threaded types. The only reason I can think of to use threaded constructions is to prevent nozzles of various types from being exchanged, forcing customers to make a choice or buy several complete non-compatible airbrushes. The downside of this policy is that a larger number of customers will be in trouble when changing nozzles than would have been the case in self-centering nozzle constructions.

That's crap Josh :(
Have to say I love my Iwata but I still use my Badger Patriot and 150 heaps too.... all awesome.

Good luck with it.

Here are some pics of the crack, at least the best I could get. Looking at it with a lamp and big magnifying glass and my super calibrated eyes that sucker had only one thread holding it on. Hope you can see it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354750164.127903.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354750198.748945.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354750232.224423.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354750258.682630.jpg

Josh

Yea I see it. That's a real bummer. That nozzle looks just like the neo nozzle. $20.00 for the neo. $50.00 hurts a little more! Especially when it is a factory default.

That's a major bummer Josh. Feel for you, so frustrating. Still love my humble hp-cs, and have angel singing, lightblinding dreams about a micron, but would be good to know what you think of the Badger in comparison, if you've been a good boy and Father Christmas brings you one that is.

So will you be getting a velocity to replace the micron? Can someone explain to me how the Renegade is $200/$300 while ive seen microns up around $600/$700 mark? (Australian dollars)

Scary to hear seeing that I got my Custom SB yesterday and talking a friend in getting one aswell. Over here the needle/nozzle/head replacement parts cost the same as a complete Badger Patriot/Anthem (I'm not comparing the two, just saying). I played from 8 till 12 last night by just doing strokes and twirls and fades and just messing around. The thing is amazing. I'm sure I will sing a different tune when something goes wrong and I have to take out a loan to fix. But my Eclipse is almost a year old and I have not replaced anything yet. It comes down to how you work, with what you work and how you look after your stuff.

I am not a Pro user as you guys but i have moved to Badger recently and did a little comparison chart for some major brands (Badge, Iwata, Paasche, etc) along with the parts and how much they cost.
Specs wise, i decided for the Krome as it was very well rated by pro users and the parts are reasonable priced. Easily available and now having Ken around here makes the job even more easy. And of course because Badger has a top customer service that really cares for the customer before all.

What might be the difference in the material used for the Micron's and the Krome's nozzle? Why is it so high priced?
I do understand that an air filter for a Ferrari will cost much more than the one for a Toyota but they wears same and do the same job after all.

Being a newb ... What is the badger equivalent to a micron ? I've seen josh mention a krome and the someone mentioned the velocity. I'm confused ( its been a looong week :) )

Being a newb ... What is the badger equivalent to a micron ? I've seen josh mention a krome and the someone mentioned the velocity. I'm confused ( its been a looong week :) )

I think many users will say that either will do but Badger created the SOTAR to be in direct competition.

Thank you Andre - I just googled the sotar , the one I saw was black ? That's a nice looking brush, I don't think I'd ever do it justice but its nice to dream.
Good luck with Santa josh, you'd better hope he enjoys your sense of humor, or you'll be disappointed when you look in your stocking :)

Sux to hear m8, either way when ya spend big dollars on a brush you expect the service, warranty and spare parts to damn well fit LOL..I'm sure ya won't be dissapointed with Badger m8 as on the 3 points mentioned they do a fantastic job no matter if its their lower priced range or the top shelf stuff..

Scary to hear seeing that I got my Custom SB yesterday and talking a friend in getting one aswell. Over here the needle/nozzle/head replacement parts cost the same as a complete Badger Patriot/Anthem (I'm not comparing the two, just saying). I played from 8 till 12 last night by just doing strokes and twirls and fades and just messing around. The thing is amazing. I'm sure I will sing a different tune when something goes wrong and I have to take out a loan to fix. But my Eclipse is almost a year old and I have not replaced anything yet. It comes down to how you work, with what you work and how you look after your stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying their bad guns at all I love all my brushes. It's the service I have a problem with. I take care of my equipment same as you, and that had nothing to do with it. The threads just separated and I do thing it may have just been a bad tip, hope it wasn't a whole run of them because they will lost a ton of business if they keep treating people like that who buy their product. I don't make a living at this, like a lot on here, so for me to save up and purchase a brush that expensive says what I think of them. I wanted the best and got it and it helped me tremendously!!! But I had it for over a year and this is the first time I had to replace the nozzle (which eventually will happen no matter the care) so I think I deserve a mulligan for their manufacturing problem.

Also I wanna make this clear, I'm not selling my iwata's either. Even when I get my badgers and something breaks I would still need a brush, and I'm a firm believer in you can't have to many, lol!

Also an update on the wife, she didn't get home till really late and I was in bed, but there was a note this morning saying that she loved the flowers!!! So when I bring chocolates home tonight I think I'm golden and may be placing an order, lol!! Cross you fingers!!

Josh

I'll say it again. You ARE NOT supposed to replace the nozzle on a micron. It is HIGHLY recommended by Iwata and Coast that you replace the entire head assembly as a unit. I know that sucks the big one. I haven't had to change one out yet, but I know it will suck to shell out so much for such a little part.

It's an Enzo Ferrari vs Camaro.

I'll say it again. You ARE NOT supposed to replace the nozzle on a micron. It is HIGHLY recommended by Iwata and Coast that you replace the entire head assembly as a unit. I know that sucks the big one. I haven't had to change one out yet, but I know it will suck to shell out so much for such a little part.

It's an Enzo Ferrari vs Camaro.

Lol, I read the same statement. They use to tell people to BUY baking soda and pour it down the drain to keep your pipes smelling fresh.......... And people did it, lol!!!
Like I said those parts get put together by a normal person that they hired off the street and I'm pretty sure the only question they asked that determined if they got the job or not was "do know what the phrase, righty tighty, lefty loosy means" lol!!! I'm more than qualified to do this :) they say that to cover their butt, but they should only sell it as one item if they want to cover it. Not just the tip.
And as for the Ferrari vs Camaro statement. Most who buy the Ferrari leave it parked in the garage, because they are scared to hurt it, or something break down. I'm positive that if you buy a Ferrari and something breaks for no reason, Ferrari stands behind their product and will flip over backwards to keep their customer happy, with in reason. I for one own the Ferrari airbrush and can't afford to keep over paying for a part that was manufactured wrong and they sold me, so I'm buying Camaro, American muscle, from here on out, lmao!!

And the best part is, I will still have my Ferrari if I want to take it for a Sunday drive, an the best part is I already have the hot blond....... And she's paying for it, lol!!

Josh

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying their bad guns at all I love all my brushes. It's the service I have a problem with. I take care of my equipment same as you, and that had nothing to do with it. The threads just separated and I do thing it may have just been a bad tip, hope it wasn't a whole run of them because they will lost a ton of business if they keep treating people like that who buy their product. I don't make a living at this, like a lot on here, so for me to save up and purchase a brush that expensive says what I think of them. I wanted the best and got it and it helped me tremendously!!! But I had it for over a year and this is the first time I had to replace the nozzle (which eventually will happen no matter the care) so I think I deserve a mulligan for their manufacturing problem.

Also I wanna make this clear, I'm not selling my iwata's either. Even when I get my badgers and something breaks I would still need a brush, and I'm a firm believer in you can't have to many, lol!

Also an update on the wife, she didn't get home till really late and I was in bed, but there was a note this morning saying that she loved the flowers!!! So when I bring chocolates home tonight I think I'm golden and may be placing an order, lol!! Cross you fingers!!

Josh

Josh, I just wanted to tell you, I don't know if you remember my thread the other day about my Krome driving me crazy. - (in reguards to customer service) After having I posted that; Ken from Badger replied to me himself. I told him a little about what was going on, and then I got his email address to send him a video of what was happening to my brush. He asked for my phone number. I was shocked that he actually called me that SAME DAY to tell me what he thought was going on and how he could remedy it. I mean SERIOUSLY !!! How cool is that?!?! I know plenty of companies out there who treat their customers the way that Iwata treated you. They may ask for you contact information and they NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH. I was blown away with how he handled the situation ! ! I still have my Krome in the box for now, as it's "issue" is being resolved, but I do love the weight of it, it's perfectly balanced, like a fine sword ! :encouragement: (sorry, I'm reading Game of Thrones now, first thing that came to mind)...... My Iwata (I never had a micron) is much more top heavy. The badger has the weight distributed along the airbrush. It's pretty awesome. They definatly get the Platnium star in the troubleshooting department!! That's my 2 cents anyway.
Hope this helps some. =- Heather

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, I just wanted to tell you, I don't know if you remember my thread the other day about my Krome driving me crazy. - (in reguards to customer service) After having I posted that; Ken from Badger replied to me himself. I told him a little about what was going on, and then I got his email address to send him a video of what was happening to my brush. He asked for my phone number. I was shocked that he actually called me that SAME DAY to tell me what he thought was going on and how he could remedy it. I mean SERIOUSLY !!! How cool is that?!?! I know plenty of companies out there who treat their customers the way that Iwata treated you. They may ask for you contact information and they NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH. I was blown away with how he handled the situation ! ! I still have my Krome in the box for now, as it's "issue" is being resolved, but I do love the weight of it, it's perfectly balanced, like a fine sword ! :encouragement: (sorry, I'm reading Game of Thrones now, first thing that came to mind)...... My Iwata (I never had a micron) is much more top heavy. The badger has the weight distributed along the airbrush. It's pretty awesome.
Hope this helps some. =- Heather

Perfect example!!!! Also nice avatar!!!

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back