I'm going BADGER, I've had it with Iwata!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it again. You ARE NOT supposed to replace the nozzle on a micron. It is HIGHLY recommended by Iwata and Coast that you replace the entire head assembly as a unit. I know that sucks the big one. I haven't had to change one out yet, but I know it will suck to shell out so much for such a little part.

It's an Enzo Ferrari vs Camaro.

I am really not sure but why do they put the little wrench in the box with your micron to take the tip off with if your never ever supposed to touch it. Perfectly machined to fit the nozzle tip, and in the instruction booklet says that the only thing that's for. Don't know if your cm-plus came with one but this is what it looks like. It's the only pick I could find while at work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354821440.357123.jpg

I'm really not trying to be a jerk about this and agree with almost all you have said, but if a company gives you the tool, then sells you the part, they should back that part....... Unless I used a pipe wrench to put it on then, there shouldn't be a problem. Like I said, it's just a crappy way to run a business, especially if your the top dog in the industry.

Josh

I am really not sure but why do they put the little wrench in the box with your micron to take the tip off with if your never ever supposed to touch it. Perfectly machined to fit the nozzle tip, and in the instruction booklet says that the only thing that's for. Don't know if your cm-plus came with one but this is what it looks like. It's the only pick I could find while at work.
View attachment 7365

I'm really not trying to be a jerk about this and agree with almost all you have said, but if a company gives you the tool, then sells you the part, they should back that part....... Unless I used a pipe wrench to put it on then, there shouldn't be a problem. Like I said, it's just a crappy way to run a business, especially if your the top dog in the industry.

Josh

That is an excellent point about the wrench vs. company propaganda about, not only the head matching, but I've even heard you're not supposed to even unscrew the nozzle.

As far as Coast is concerned. Think about how many 1000's of nozzles for the Iwata have been broken from over-tightening? HOw many customers call in asking for a new one? Now imagine you are to believe someone received a nozzle, that broke exactly like an over-tightened nozzle, but it broke because it was mis-machined and had a hyper-thin thread that broke just from installing it finger tight. Since it appears you are a person of high integrity on here, I would have no problem sending another. But I'm not sure Coast is plugged into the internet and knows all the forum members very well. If Craig Fraser said it broke, then they might ship one out immediately.

That is an excellent point about the wrench vs. company propaganda about, not only the head matching, but I've even heard you're not supposed to even unscrew the nozzle.

As far as Coast is concerned. Think about how many 1000's of nozzles for the Iwata have been broken from over-tightening? HOw many customers call in asking for a new one? Now imagine you are to believe someone received a nozzle, that broke exactly like an over-tightened nozzle, but it broke because it was mis-machined and had a hyper-thin thread that broke just from installing it finger tight. Since it appears you are a person of high integrity on here, I would have no problem sending another. But I'm not sure Coast is plugged into the internet and knows all the forum members very well. If Craig Fraser said it broke, then they might ship one out immediately.

I agree 100% and like I said before I don't look at coast bad for this. Yeah I'm a little ticked but its not their fault. I understand how they get these kinda questions all the time. The reason I know it wasn't over tightened is that I tried to fit a hair through the crack and can't. It it were over tightened the metal would be separated at least far enough to do that. The reason I stopped is because the back of the tip was against the nozzle face and with the slightest bit of pressure it still wanted to turn, that was my red flag and a good tip for anyone who does this.
Your a cool dude Bossman and I respect your opinions and views on this little debate and agree with almost all of them :).

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it, they tell you to not even take out the nozzle, but how do you clean it, and that tip is all they push to sell for a Neo isn't it............

Josh

Thank you for that.

I actually remove the whole head assembly and with a combination of the needle, a syringe, and an ultrasonic cleaner do what I can to get it clean. I try not to take it apart that often as I don't want the brass threads for the head assembly wearing out.

Thank you for that.

I actually remove the whole head assembly and with a combination of the needle, a syringe, and an ultrasonic cleaner do what I can to get it clean. I try not to take it apart that often as I don't want the brass threads for the head assembly wearing out.

I take it out also but use a long thin paintbrush with cleaner on it, works great! Also here is a tip, especially if your working with urethanes, that I ring in the body the head screws into to seal, make sure you have a little super lube on it. Just a super thin film of it. If the thinner gets on the ring and you tightened the head back on it, the ring fuses to the metal and you may as well super glued it on, cause next time you take it off, it will tear.

Don't know if the cm-c is built like that but oh we'll. I didn't think about till I was done typing, lol!!

Josh

A really easy way to fix the issue, would be for the Ferrari guys to take a lesson from the camaro guys and make a tip that is not threaded but seated!!!! I think the camaro guys are on the right track, the Ferrari guys just found a way to try to bring more sales to their company by making you think you need the head assembly fine tuned. Even if they just sent the wrench to take the tip off and clean it, how are you supposed to put it back in without any FINE TUNING INSTRUCTIONS? I just think its a foreign company that know how greedy most Americans are so they know we'll pay that expensive price. Who's to say the fine tuning dont get knocked out of whack when its delivered back to ya?? Who knows. I just wish I would have known about Badger before I bought my Micron, cause I have an Iwata Micron CM-C that has not been used since last July 4th when my son came in my studio and knocked it off the holder and ruint the nozzle and I couldnt afford to replace the entire head assembly AGAIN, lol. Then Ken (the CEO of Badger Airbrush) was kind enough to send me a free Badger Patriot 105 brush that I literally fell in love with and its a work horse! (Ken didnt send the airbrush due to my bad luck with the Micron, it was for other reasons). Dont get me wrong, the brush still looks good in the foam case I built for it, but man, I cant afford to replace the parts. I like my new Krome with the simple head system thats only hand tightened and dont need a wrench or to worry with thread breaking off, regardless if it were my fault or the Ferrari guys fault. Im not against everything your saying Bossman, so I hope you dont take it that way, Im simply stating things from my perspective just as everyone else is. In my minds eye, my camaro is working circles around my Ferrari!! I did adjust my trigger spring and make my trigger taller, but I can crank my pressure down to 10 psi, over reduce my paints and do everything with my Krome that I can with my Micron so theres no need to pay the big bucks. I wonder how much a Micron costs over there? Anyone know? Im just wondering if theyre doing the right thing and selling them at a better price to their own countrymen?

On another note Josh, when I built my home I used Pex Pipe for my plumbing so I could get away from PVC pipe with all the sections you have to worry about leaking, and I tested all the lines both with air pressure and with water to check for leaks. Everything looked good until about 6 months in when my wife walked into her walk in closet and her floating wood floor was truly floating, yup, couldnt see the water, but it was all under her wood floor and she heard it squish. When I found the culprit, it was a Brass 90 degree elbow that had a pin hole in it. Didnt leak when I pressure tested it. I tried every way to get in touch with the company (which was from Japan), just to let them know they may have a bad run of material. They could care less, but who does care, the end user!!! Us, we have to pay for their mistakes. Thats why I try to do as much business in the states as I can because there are still some good American companies, with good American product that do still hold true to the American Tradition of taking care of your customer so they'll take care of you, and Badger is one that will far exceed anything you could imagine! You have my word on that, and no, Im not a Badger Rep (wouldnt mind to be, lol) but I believe you gotta give credit where credit is due!!!! I give credit to Iwata because they do have a very fine product, but the price makes them uncredited in my opinion.

A really easy way to fix the issue, would be for the Ferrari guys to take a lesson from the camaro guys and make a tip that is not threaded but seated!!!! I think the camaro guys are on the right track, the Ferrari guys just found a way to try to bring more sales to their company by making you think you need the head assembly fine tuned. Even if they just sent the wrench to take the tip off and clean it, how are you supposed to put it back in without any FINE TUNING INSTRUCTIONS? I just think its a foreign company that know how greedy most Americans are so they know we'll pay that expensive price. Who's to say the fine tuning dont get knocked out of whack when its delivered back to ya?? Who knows. I just wish I would have known about Badger before I bought my Micron, cause I have an Iwata Micron CM-C that has not been used since last July 4th when my son came in my studio and knocked it off the holder and ruint the nozzle and I couldnt afford to replace the entire head assembly AGAIN, lol. Then Ken (the CEO of Badger Airbrush) was kind enough to send me a free Badger Patriot 105 brush that I literally fell in love with and its a work horse! (Ken didnt send the airbrush due to my bad luck with the Micron, it was for other reasons). Dont get me wrong, the brush still looks good in the foam case I built for it, but man, I cant afford to replace the parts. I like my new Krome with the simple head system thats only hand tightened and dont need a wrench or to worry with thread breaking off, regardless if it were my fault or the Ferrari guys fault. Im not against everything your saying Bossman, so I hope you dont take it that way, Im simply stating things from my perspective just as everyone else is. In my minds eye, my camaro is working circles around my Ferrari!! I did adjust my trigger spring and make my trigger taller, but I can crank my pressure down to 10 psi, over reduce my paints and do everything with my Krome that I can with my Micron so theres no need to pay the big bucks. I wonder how much a Micron costs over there? Anyone know? Im just wondering if theyre doing the right thing and selling them at a better price to their own countrymen?

On another note Josh, when I built my home I used Pex Pipe for my plumbing so I could get away from PVC pipe with all the sections you have to worry about leaking, and I tested all the lines both with air pressure and with water to check for leaks. Everything looked good until about 6 months in when my wife walked into her walk in closet and her floating wood floor was truly floating, yup, couldnt see the water, but it was all under her wood floor and she heard it squish. When I found the culprit, it was a Brass 90 degree elbow that had a pin hole in it. Didnt leak when I pressure tested it. I tried every way to get in touch with the company (which was from Japan), just to let them know they may have a bad run of material. They could care less, but who does care, the end user!!! Us, we have to pay for their mistakes. Thats why I try to do as much business in the states as I can because there are still some good American companies, with good American product that do still hold true to the American Tradition of taking care of your customer so they'll take care of you, and Badger is one that will far exceed anything you could imagine! You have my word on that, and no, Im not a Badger Rep (wouldnt mind to be, lol) but I believe you gotta give credit where credit is due!!!! I give credit to Iwata because they do have a very fine product, but the price makes them uncredited in my opinion.

Dang Russ that sucks about the water. I'm not familiar with those fitting because industrial are not aloud to use them. I guess that's why? But I agree with the American standard, it Ha fallen off from most companies, it's very nice to see the ones that still set it!!

Josh

i spoke to a japanese guy the other day and he said a micron costs $330 u.s in japan. by the time you have added shipping roughly 40-50 i would imagine + import /export @ 17% its no cheaper

i spoke to a japanese guy the other day and he said a micron costs $330 u.s in japan. by the time you have added shipping roughly 40-50 i would imagine + import /export @ 17% its no cheaper

Really...... Greed at its finest!

Josh

Happy happy , This has been a great thread to read.
Still sucks that it broke But you learn a lot when thing like this happen..

Phil out:D

Happy happy , This has been a great thread to read.
Still sucks that it broke But you learn a lot when thing like this happen..

Phil out:D

Yeah it's been a good thread, but the only thing I've learned is Iwata has crappy customer service and never buy parts in advance just because you have money to plan ahead, lol!!

Josh

Sad to hear Josh the velocity is a great brush I own one getting a krome after christmas can't wait.

Thanks, I'm actually pretty stoked to get one and get going. Still using the micron with a jacked up nozzle but if you thin the paint enough, it works ok.

Josh

Maybe it's just a stupid idea, but what if you push in a toothpick that fills up the inside of the nozzle entirely (perhaps make a cast to figure out the correct angle to cut the toothpick by pushing putty in it or so) and then filling the shear with an epoxy resin. after the epoxy has cured you could sand the nozzle outside flush. Just a thought.

Maybe it's just a stupid idea, but what if you push in a toothpick that fills up the inside of the nozzle entirely (perhaps make a cast to figure out the correct angle to cut the toothpick by pushing putty in it or so) and then filling the shear with an epoxy resin. after the epoxy has cured you could sand the nozzle outside flush. Just a thought.

I'm not going to chance that, any way I have good news!!

Josh

I'm not going to chance that, any way I have good news!!

Josh
Well mr.happy happy , do tell what is the good news????
I know you have cried to Ken and he is sending you a new airbrush for freee.... and paint too:D

Just messing with ya bro. But really what is the good news ?

Don't keep us in suspenders Josh (I know all you boys wear 'em), what's the news?!!!!!

I have yet to figure out how to attach the suspenders to my naked skin,,, Oh you are talking to those who wear clothes.........LMAO:D

So after emails back and forth with Coast Airbrush there has been a solution!!! I want to thank Coast, specifically Ryan Fisher for understanding and hooking me up!! I won't lie, the last email I sent, I got pretty harsh toward Iwata but I stated specifically that I didn't look bad on Coast for this at all, but Iwata was at fault and I know what I'm talking about with this type of issue. I also called them on the fact that they give the tool to do the job, but never supposed to use it, and if that's the case then Iwata should never sell the public the part by itself, if they will not back their craftsmanship and I find it hard to believe that Craig Frazier, Cory st Clair, and all the pros around the world send their brushes to technicians to fix minor problems and I know for a fact that they have never had the training that I have with threads of this size........ Blah blah blah, if you have read any and or all of this thread you have pretty much read my email facts.
Anyway long story short, I am sending the broken nozzle in for testing to make sure there are no major runs gone bad, and a new one in return. I'm so happy that the place I bought it is helping out. I have to say though, that I am still never buying Iwata again after this. I have had to go way to far to get answers and I am still not impressed with Iwata's customer service or appreciation.

There is still badgers in the very very near future.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back