I'm going BADGER, I've had it with Iwata!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamonkey

Air-Valve Autobot!
So I noticed when painting the Christmas movie characters that my nozzle tip on my micron was cracked at the tip so very slightly, but I persevered through it and finished. No big deal, because a couple months ago I bought a spare nozzle tip ($50). So I took the bad one out yesterday and put the new one in hoping to get to paint........ Almost!!!
The freaking threads almost broke off in the nozzle head, it was so weak it happened while tightening it with my fingers!! It almost came completely apart but I was able to save it before snapped completely off inside the nozzle head. The nozzle tip has never seen paint!!!! I'm P!$$ed off!!!
So I call coast airbrush an email Iwata to tell them and they both pretty much said tough luck, it had been over 30 days and there is no way for them to know that it wasn't over tightened. SO DON'T BUY PARTS IN ADVANCE KIDDOS!!
I am a pipe fitter and machinist and know how to snug and hand tighten something of this matter, but now I pretty much am out $50 and have to buy another $50 tip (that =Khrome) and now I have no micron for a while.......... B.S!!!

In light of this and seeing how ken treats his customers, as soon as I can I will be going completely badger just to prove a point that Iwata is nice but I can do the same with badger and not have to pay ridiculous amounts for parts!!!

Sorry for the rant but I'm not a happy camper, because y'all know how much I love the micron :(

Josh

This really isn't the best news today Josh, and of all people it could happen too it makes me sick that such a friend is having this kind of problem, however if I was in your shoes I would make a video (since your so damn good at that too) and i would highlight in that video the problems including where it was bought and your treatment till now form both the shop and the manufacturer, you'de be surprised how quickly even such fools will wake up when their dirty laundry is being made public, these idiots don't need that kind of publicity and will soon give in just to shut you up.

Whatever you do, do not take it lying down, and before you post your vid, tell them both your plan, it probably won't even get as far as posting.

On the brighter side, you get to try out a Badger and who knows you might just get to like them, form what I've been reading that sounds like a strong possibility.

This really isn't the best news today Josh, and of all people it could happen too it makes me sick that such a friend is having this kind of problem, however if I was in your shoes I would make a video (since your so damn good at that too) and i would highlight in that video the problems including where it was bought and your treatment till now form both the shop and the manufacturer, you'de be surprised how quickly even such fools will wake up when their dirty laundry is being made public, these idiots don't need that kind of publicity and will soon give in just to shut you up.

Whatever you do, do not take it lying down, and before you post your vid, tell them both your plan, it probably won't even get as far as posting.

On the brighter side, you get to try out a Badger and who knows you might just get to like them, form what I've been reading that sounds like a strong possibility.

I may do that!! I don't want to do it in a slandering way though. They are great brushes but I just feel like they are the kid that got to take a super hot girl to the prom, and now they turn their nose up cause they think they are now the coolest person on the planet because of that, lol!!
I shoot the video and email it to them so they can see it. I just don't like poor business. I understand they're side of it, but I have been loyal, never complained and have 15 videos on YouTube and there is one of my 4 iwatas being used in every video. I deserve a little benefit of the doubt on this one, I think.
As far as liking badger, my first gun was a 155 anthem but just didn't like the siphon feed. I wish I would have kept it now, but I didn't even know how well I was going to like airbrushing and I wanted what I liked, and you sit know how that feels with your H&S. Equipment you like makes a happy artist :) I'm sure all on here know how I felt about Jamie Rodriguez (rip), I still use that photo on my profile pic, but I always respected the way he stated proud user of badger airbrush's and products in all his videos. And I believe that will be the way to go if the video doesn't reach air on YouTube about the iwata. It just sucks cause I still have the wolf, horse and lion videos to make and they were all Iwata pieces :(

Josh

Man Josh that sucks! That micron is an all around expensive piece of machinery!! That is why I have been wanting the Krome as of late. The price tag is much more pleasing to the eye and the same goes for the parts. Like you said, the customer service from what I have seen on here is top notch! I can't wait to read your review on the Krome!!!! Haaaaa!!! That is crazy that Coast Airbrush didn't want to try to help you out. I recently had a problem with my computer and lost all my Coast T.V. videos. I had about six or seven that I had bought. I forgot to back them up and emailed them to see how I could recover them since I bought them. They told me that there was nothing they could do because every down load they have to spend money on and they would lose money allowing me to use the download link. Each video was between 16-$29.00. I thought it was pretty weak, but it was my fault for not backing up my stuff! I guess I expected to get a little help. I always had a good experience with them until that, and now I hear about this. Bums me out!!!

Tough break Josh, But I know how things like this go. Being a Micron has a hefty price tag on it to start with and the parts are pricey as well. I remember everyone telling me when I bought mine to never just buy the nozzle cause they can break easily. That is why I bought complete head units for back ups.
I too have been thinking about buying a badger or two. Just not sure yet which one compares to what. I am sure Ken is happy to hear you are making the switch.

I do like Madbrushes ideal of making a video.
Down side is David Monnig can be a paint in the backside on such thing. Being he will be the first to say "I do not make the airbrush I just sell them" and "I can only warranty what Iwata says I can"
In other words The more I have learned about Badger the better and better the company sounds.
So make the video and I am sure ken would not mined sharing with you (PM style ) if it helps his sells.

Also tell us which ones you go with and give us a full review, I am very interested in what you have to say and have been thinking hard about getting a badger.Being I do like their paint.

Yeah i dont buy a spare tire.... till i have a flat!! LOL!! Thats crap. Makes the Krome look that much better to me! Maybe they need to look into quality control, cause it could be a factory problem, but still. Makes you wonder how many other nozzles are floating out there waiting for the same problem to happen?

badger is awesome, I've got the renegade velocity, its sprays like a dream, had taken a real battering as my go ti brush.im still on my first needle and nozzle and I've had it since august...you can get a conversion kit for it, fine or super finefor that bit of flexibility....sits on the hand nicely and looks sexy as in the brownish fun metal colour!

It is strange that it broke, i replace a lot of Micron nozzel but i never had one that broken off.
It must be an bad production.
If you replace the nozzle always look if it is in the centre of the head unit.
Carefully put on the nozzle cap and look through an mini microscoop to see if the hole of the nozzle cap
is centered with the nozzle before tighten.
If you see it is not centered then you must be carefull, i don't recommend to do it yourself and bring it to an expert.

Tough break Josh, But I know how things like this go. Being a Micron has a hefty price tag on it to start with and the parts are pricey as well. I remember everyone telling me when I bought mine to never just buy the nozzle cause they can break easily. That is why I bought complete head units for back ups.
I too have been thinking about buying a badger or two. Just not sure yet which one compares to what. I am sure Ken is happy to hear you are making the switch.

I do like Madbrushes ideal of making a video.
Down side is David Monnig can be a paint in the backside on such thing. Being he will be the first to say "I do not make the airbrush I just sell them" and "I can only warranty what Iwata says I can"
In other words The more I have learned about Badger the better and better the company sounds.
So make the video and I am sure ken would not mined sharing with you (PM style ) if it helps his sells.

Also tell us which ones you go with and give us a full review, I am very interested in what you have to say and have been thinking hard about getting a badger.Being I do like their paint.

I actually don't look at coast as a bad company for this at all. I just think Iwata is at fault and should back their product as we see ken do. Lion art is the closest thing we have ever came to an Iwata person here, talking about product, and they just sell them and make a quality brush that's like Iwata.
LIONART I mean no disrespect with that, and I'm happy your here. I've heard nothing but good about you guys, and if you were based here in the states I would love to try your custom brushes as well. I also agree with you and VR about it being a production problem and wonder how many others may pop up, or off Lol! Also I have done the same thing with a microscope and it always set perfect in the middle.
But I'm so mad the moment I just can't wait for Christmas to get here and my wife better be getting me the Khrome like she stated, or she will find out she bought me one when the credit card statement comes in the mail, lol!!

Josh

yeah dude that sucks nothing pisses a person of more than when u get ready to airbrush and your machine messes up.... but it you can get a piece of equiptment that has the same performance and a cheapre cost than more power to ya..... speaking of the thirty day mark, reminds me of this chick i use to date, she was perfect, perfect body, perfect face, perfect personality, and the face of a flower.. but exactly on the thirty day mark i waked into the bedroom, she was lying on the bed completely lifeless, i was devastated.. i rushed over to her and she was a flat as a pancake, completely deflated..i knew i had to perform mouth to air tube ressusitation... but after each life giving breath that i breathed into to her, each one rushed out from a hole between hers next to a bite mark...i was tramatized... the only thing i ever had thaT CAME CLOSE TO HER WAS A CHEAP KNOCK OFF THAT I MAKE FROM CASH EXPRESS BALLONS... IT WAS BAD

JACKING IS NOT AN ADDICTION, IT IS A DISEASE.... LOL AND IF YOU GET A FREE BADGER OUT OF THIS IM GONNA BE PISSED CAUSE I WANT ONE TO KEN.. LOL SORRY HAD TO DO IT.

yeah dude that sucks nothing pisses a person of more than when u get ready to airbrush and your machine messes up.... but it you can get a piece of equiptment that has the same performance and a cheapre cost than more power to ya..... speaking of the thirty day mark, reminds me of this chick i use to date, she was perfect, perfect body, perfect face, perfect personality, and the face of a flower.. but exactly on the thirty day mark i waked into the bedroom, she was lying on the bed completely lifeless, i was devastated.. i rushed over to her and she was a flat as a pancake, completely deflated..i knew i had to perform mouth to air tube ressusitation... but after each life giving breath that i breathed into to her, each one rushed out from a hole between hers next to a bite mark...i was tramatized... the only thing i ever had thaT CAME CLOSE TO HER WAS A CHEAP KNOCK OFF THAT I MAKE FROM CASH EXPRESS BALLONS... IT WAS BAD

JACKING IS NOT AN ADDICTION, IT IS A DISEASE.... LOL AND IF YOU GET A FREE BADGER OUT OF THIS IM GONNA BE PISSED CAUSE I WANT ONE TO KEN.. LOL SORRY HAD TO DO IT.

I'm not looking for a freebie, plain and simple. I'm just pissed, that you can pay that kind of money for something and they acted as if it was no big deal. Thanks for thinking that ran, now I'm even more pissed..... No wonder your lady suffocated herself :)

Josh

Can we get some pics, I'm having a hard time picturing this

If it's the nozzle, the little tiny piece.. you shouldn't have changed it to begin with. The head assembly is built/matched as a whole. Even though they sell the individual parts, it's a bad idea to replace just the one piece.

Since everyone seems to be on a Badger band wagon, I've tried the Spirit, Krome, and 2 Sotars.. and I hated them all. I also didn't like my 2 Micron SB's. But my 2 CM-C pluses are the greatest handling airbrushes I have ever used. All the Paasche stuff I tried was junk, striaght up junk. Infinity isn't too bad.
I don't think we Americans can build an airbrush even close to a Micron.

If it's the nozzle, the little tiny piece.. you shouldn't have changed it to begin with. The head assembly is built/matched as a whole. Even though they sell the individual parts, it's a bad idea to replace just the one piece.

Since everyone seems to be on a Badger band wagon, I've tried the Spirit, Krome, and 2 Sotars.. and I hated them all. I also didn't like my 2 Micron SB's. But my 2 CM-C pluses are the greatest handling airbrushes I have ever used. All the Paasche stuff I tried was junk, striaght up junk. Infinity isn't too bad.

Bull****, no but seriously, one loves the krome and one loves the micron, i tried patriot vs eclipse and patriot kicks its ass in my hands, its all personal, americans make fine stuff, and ur being a bit ignorant if u ask me.

My OPINION is based on personal hands on observation of many models. I've found the Iwata Micron cm-c plus to be the hands down absolute favorite for me. I didn't say squat about the Eclipse. Never tried one.

When I can measure replacement parts for my Paasche Talon, and they were .002" difference between same part no's... that's a big big big big problem. JUNK!!!!

Bull****, no but seriously, one loves the krome and one loves the micron, i tried patriot vs eclipse and patriot kicks its ass in my hands, its all personal, americans make fine stuff, and ur being a bit ignorant if u ask me.

Slow down there Rick, nothing ignorant about it. (Ignorance is basically saying something and not knowing the difference) boss man has went through some airbrushes by owning and testing them to find what he likes. There is nothing wrong with his opinion at all. No call for the name slinging :)

Josh

The situation just sucks for Josh. It is a complex matter - customers cheating companies and the other way around disturb relationships. Without a foundation of mutual trust no good relation of any kind is possible. Sadly, most of the time sincere customers are faced with the negative consequence of such a type of situation.

I usually try to stay outta comparison issues because each and every individual will have their own experience and will prefer one brand over another. Im pretty sure most here know Im a HUGE Badger fan. Thats because of 3 major reasons, 1. Its very comfortable in hand 2. Quality, it is American made and is a superior product (I like to help my fellow Americans out), 3. Price along with Customer Service. I've yet to see a company that stands behind the product they sale as much as Ken and his crew have. Sure, no company is perfect, they have flaws like any other company, the difference is stepping up to admit and fixing the issue which I can personally say Badger will do!!! I do own Iwata product as well so Im not just bragging on Badger because thats all I use. I have the Custom Micron CM-C and the Iwata HP-C+ and they are both good guns, however the parts are way too pricy when I can get the same effect with my Badger products for half the price. Im not knockin Iwata's precision products because they are good products, I just dont care for their price. Why would I pay more for an over seas item when I can get just as good a product here at home? What I dont agree with is the fact that Iwata does not take any time to help you work through your issues, they think theyre superior product never has flaws when Josh's case, even if it may be the first claim filed (which I doubt) may be the first sign of a bad run of material that Iwata may need to look into. Im not saying this is the case, but its highly possible. Happens all the time with metal products. What would it hurt them to send Josh a replacement under the assumption that there may truly be a problem with that batch they put out and they could put a damper on the issue quick. I havent had the best luck with Iwata customer service and thats just one more reason why I will keep my money here in the states to help my fellow Americans, just as I would hope Iwata's country would buy their product to help their country. No matter what the issue is, everyone is going to have a different opinion. Thats the way the world works, always has and always will. I say agree to disagree and lets get back to a good clean forum. We're all grown here, we can have respect for others opinions without being offensive. It all boils down to preference........sorry if I offended anyone, it wasnt meant that way, just wanted to remind everyone here that we can all have our own opinions and still get along!!! Josh, I will send ya my Krome if it will help you finish your videos, let me know! I will need it back of course, as I love that brush, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I can see where your coming from on this if its an eclipse nozzle but not a micron. That whole head assembly is well over $100 and I drill and tap holes that small everyday at work. I think I'm as qualified as any person in that factory that puts those together before they ship them out. I know what I'm doing with it. Granted the office working hubby that has a black &decker tool pack that he got for Christmas from his wife and kids shouldn't do that, lol!

I do believe we can make one, but it's the affordability and price that will factor in on such a gun. Imagine what the micron would cost if it was crafted here in the states. That $50 tip would instantly be $150.
And don't get me wrong here I am in total agreement that the micron is awesome and best I have found for me..... So far.

And I do believe

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back