I'm on a roll... somebody stop me!

Ryck

Needle-chuck Ninja
To say that I am now hooked on learning to use a airbrush is now an understatement. I read, I watch and... I shop... maybe too much. :rolleyes:

I have now ordered another airbrush. OK, it was a impulsive purchase but also a deal I could not pass up. Now considering that @crazyvet has sent me a MA G23 which is on it's way, I will now have one airbrush for the basic painting and one for the fine detail work.

I had no intention of buying another airbrush right away but some of my earlier research on brands and models I had looked at already had piqued my interest before crazyvet so graciously offered to help get me started I was really interested in one particular brand... Harder & Steenbeck which I knew was a high end brand and well out of my league as a beginner speaking mainly of price of course.

I had previously spied a returned Badger 105 Xtreme on the Spraygunner website and had made some inquiries about it and was still interested in it and the price was too good to pass up so I bought it thinking that once I got proficient with the G23 I would have another airbrush to graduate to when the time came.

I waited several days before sending an email asking about my order and why it had not been shipped only to find out that it had been deemed faulty and no longer available. They at that time offered to let me pick another one of the used ones to replace it so I looked at their stock and found a Harder & Steenbeck Ultra 2 in 1 V2 that they had which was a little more money but I asked about it anyway. I was shocked at the response I got. They offered to send it to me for no additional cost and I couldn't pass up that deal.

So, it is on it's way too. I consider this an early Christmas present to myself. I hope you all approve. ;)

:):)The force is strong with this one!

Congrats on the new brush. I think you will find the H&S easier to deal with from a cleaning and assembly standpoint.

Oh, and by the way, no one here is going to try and stop you. Trust me on that. :)

Oh no Graywoulf, what did you do that for ? what a silly thing to do ! :eek: Nah, that doesn't sound at all convincing does it Karl lol

Congrats on the new purchase, I'm sure you be using it like a pro in no time. Once you realise how much fun this airbrushing thing is then you may as well just give in to it. Nobody here will think badly of you and the only time someone will try and stop you from a new purchase is if we think it is genuinely a bad idea or there is a better option out there.

I'm really going to have to create an 'Enablers R Us' section on the forum aren't I :D

Oh no Graywoulf, what did you do that for ? what a silly thing to do ! :eek: Nah, that doesn't sound at all convincing does it Karl lol

Congrats on the new purchase, I'm sure you be using it like a pro in no time. Once you realise how much fun this airbrushing thing is then you may as well just give in to it. Nobody here will think badly of you and the only time someone will try and stop you from a new purchase is if we think it is genuinely a bad idea or there is a better option out there.

I'm really going to have to create an 'Enablers R Us' section on the forum aren't I :D

Well since I have the beginning symptoms of "AAD", I think you should. It's kind of funny that no one, I mean no one warned me about this. Oh well, it's too late now I guess. :rolleyes:

Well since I have the beginning symptoms of "AAD", I think you should. It's kind of funny that no one, I mean no one warned me about this. Oh well, it's too late now I guess. :rolleyes:
we could have warned you but you wouldn't have listened, you'd have said 'I only need one, I'm not going to do anything that requires other brushes' so we thought it easier to let you figure it out on your own :)

Honestly, if you are enjoying doing this, go as far as you can without putting undue stress on your finances.

I turned 46 today, and I can't recall doing anything hobby-wise in those years that I have enjoyed as much as this. It's a great outlet for creative energy, and I'm not really all that creative. :)

Honestly, if you are enjoying doing this, go as far as you can without putting undue stress on your finances.

I turned 46 today, and I can't recall doing anything hobby-wise in those years that I have enjoyed as much as this. It's a great outlet for creative energy, and I'm not really all that creative. :)

absolutely the truth right there.
I turned 60 this year. Empty nest, all bills paid, no credit card or loans - - - nobody could possibly convince me that I shouldn't be enjoying my money !!
and I have done many many many creative hobbies but this is the one that makes me smile the most.
My finances just laugh out loud every time I hover over the 'buy' button

absolutely the truth right there. I turned 60 this year. Empty nest, all bills paid, no credit card or loans - - - nobody could possibly convince me that I shouldn't be enjoying my money !! and I have done many many many creative hobbies but this is the one that makes me smile the most. My finances just laugh out loud every time I hover over the 'buy' button

I turned 65 this year and I feel like I have the mentality of a 35 year old. I'm not ready to get old but since I can't stop time... I will just have to ride the wave. :D

Back