I'm on a roll... somebody stop me!

4012 is being discontinued.

Use 4011 if you don't want to wear a respirator (a simple mask will suffice)
4013 is the latest release but contains Isopropyl alcohol so a respirator is recommended

4012 is being discontinued.

Use 4011 if you don't want to wear a respirator (a simple mask will suffice)
4013 is the latest release but contains Isopropyl alcohol so a respirator is recommended

Valuable information... Thank you.

Dear lord... greywoulf is the older, more attractive version of me. Crazy.

Like they said, avoid the Createx basic paints unless you favor t-shirts. Not bad paint, but much thicker. Not really designed for canvas work. Wicked is a better starting point. I did a fair amount of painting with the basic Createx line, and it worked well, but Wicked and Illustration are far better, and you don't want to get used to painting with mud, then switch to water. The characteristics of the paint lines require a learning curve. Better to start with the better paint.

Last edited:
OK, I hear what you guys are saying about the paint. I have already ordered the Createx paint set but I did that after looking at all of the small sets that Spraygunner had in stock. They list a Wicked Colors set of 12 colors but apparently do not have them in stock. I have sent an email to Mike at Spraygunner about switching my order to the Wicked Colors if at all possible. I will let you all know how that goes.

Here is the set I found on Spraygunner...

https://spraygunner.com/createx-wicked-12-color-set-w130-02/

Last edited:
Even if you end up with the Createx Airbrush colors, it's not a bad thing. It is good paint. It's just going to mean you have to adjust a little if you switch to something else. All things considered, it's a good learning experience. Figuring out the right viscosity for the brush you are running is key, no matter what the paint is.

BTW, Hobby Lobby sells Createx paint, in case you want to grab a bottle and try it out.

Last edited:
Even if you end up with the Createx Airbrush colors, it's not a bad thing. It is good paint. It's just going to mean you have to adjust a little if you switch to something else. All things considered, it's a good learning experience. Figuring out the right viscosity for the brush you are running is key, no matter what the paint is.

BTW, Hobby Lobby sells Createx paint, in case you want to grab a bottle and try it out.

Thank you for letting me know that. The fact is, I do plan on painting some T shirts for myself which is why I chose those colors. I do want to paint some of my RC gear too which is plastic. I posted a thread earlier today about that in the Beginners section but have not gotten any response on my question yet. All in due time. :) And the closest Hobby Lobby is about an hour's drive for me unfortunately.

Back