impressed with the newbs

A

ad fez

just wanted to say, and I'm sure the more seasoned members on here would agree, that we are generally impressed with the caring sharing love spreading attitude of out more recent members, its a first for me to see a whole bunch of new members ask welcoming each other and making this forum a friendly happy place......after all its the quality of the members and not the quality of the artwork that make this forum what it is (the fact that we slk produce outstanding artand excellent dots and daggers is an added bonus.....so....newbies.....thank you...carry on as you are and I look forward to speaking to you all in the near future......go on then, micron/josh....you can jack this now

That's what drew me to this forum in particular. The positive attitudes of the members is what makes this a great place to be!

just wanted to say, and I'm sure the more seasoned members on here would agree, that we are generally impressed with the caring sharing love spreading attitude of out more recent members, its a first for me to see a whole bunch of new members ask welcoming each other and making this forum a friendly happy place......after all its the quality of the members and not the quality of the artwork that make this forum what it is (the fact that we slk produce outstanding artand excellent dots and daggers is an added bonus.....so....newbies.....thank you...carry on as you are and I look forward to speaking to you all in the near future......go on then, micron/josh....you can jack this now
Well said and a thread like this I will not jack.
It is important to let the newer members that come there that they do inspire us too, Why because we have been a part of building a place where people can come get help and not belittled as I have been on some other forums.

Wish I had the talent and determination of the noobs too! I couldn't do as well when I first started, they will be teaching us all a thing or two I think. And that's what it's all about I think, people help others on their way, and then get paid back when their fresh ideas re-inspire them in turn. And the love gets spread....

I couldn't have day it better myself and agree 100% on this!! Although i will add this.......
The newbies could have been the opposite end of the spectrum with their attitudes but I think that the way other forums are, or have been run, has lead people to be more cautious when choosing a new forum. The people who hang around in the shadows when they sign up get an even better feel for how we keep this forum clean and it very inviting!!
I'm sure there are others who say screw this way, nobodies has a harsh comments, but I say screw them. You can't learn if you get put down, and that's why we are here. To learn and help others and that's why makes it fun!!

I don't know about you, but I like posting my work (good or bad) just to hear the comments and the interaction with people.
That's also the best part about how we jack threads, we don't do it in a way to be rude. We do it to get to know others an it makes me happy to get to know. All of you. No different than being at a bar and socializing..... Although minus the beer muscles :)

Josh

im laughing my ass off fez you can jack this now your right about the newbs and especialy the first time art work being posted i cant stay long i have to run this cought my atention unlike the post CALLING ALL FERRETS lol im don goofing up the kristin portrait and heading out the water drop and weasel are to big i need to get a smaller water drop and weasel because my weasel isto big but your right lots of fresh talent here

Avery nice initiative Ad Fez, since the forum is now almost a year old, when I first became a member there were only around 30 members and look at us now.

I have had an incredible amount of help in that time and I'm grateful for all of it, but I'm also proud to be able to give something back now and again and to be honest I didn't actually think I would ever be in that position but I have learned I/we can sometimes help with stuff other than just airbrushing, I check everyday and I'm sure everyone does just to see what I can help with and if it's something I know about I'm in there.

I've experienced the abuse on other forums and seen others abused and I can't get my head around the fact that anyone could be that way.

This thread is about new members and I hope anyone considering coming on board will read this thread and know that they can happy here.

I reckon if there is ever a need for another new moderator Mitch and the forum could do a lot worse than Ad Fez, well done mate your input is important and your jacks are class, and your art aint bad either, lol

I have to agree on all the above, i use to think this was a great little forum but it isn't so little anymore, when i joined i think it had around four hundred or so members, i'm glad i stuck around....
Tony

I have to agree on all the above, i use to think this was a great little forum but it isn't so little anymore, when i joined i think it had around four hundred or so members, i'm glad i stuck around....
Tony

We're all glad you stuck around Tony, your obvious talent means you have a lot to offer, the general idea is a chain reaction of sorts, the people who know help the people who don't to become the people who do know who will in turn will help others who don't know, until eventually everyone knows, I on the other hand am to far gone and I will probably never know, lol

Nice sentiment Ad Fez

I have to agree with Seamonkey about other forums. I have been on other forums (not to do with airbrushing by the way) and have felt an outsider, belittled and ignored.
Right from the start I have felt welcomed (keep spreading the love!) and encouraged to learn a new skill that will keep me entertained for years to come. My aim is not to be the next big thing in airbrushing but to be the best I can be! I would be more than happy with that. Looking through the threads on the forum I know instinctively I have found the right place.

Serious bit over ...

Squishy ... Beware of the determination bit ...but as for the talent I wouldnt worry too much about me lol.

im really glad to have found this forum, it seems like a bunch of good people, i will not mind honest critique on my work, how else will i get better and it is nice to be here, i hope to learn from you all.

Ell I've never been much into forums until this one, most I ever posted would have been about 5 posts..... Think I'm up around 400 here..... For me that's HUGE and a testament to this forums awesomeness :)

This place is home.... while Im away from home. lol... but even when I return back to the states you all are still stuck with me :D :D :D and the thread jackings will get worse :/ sorry, I like to chat :D

Have to agree with everyone else... I too have been a member of another forum for years, but I never really got involved because of all the drama. My post total was barely over a hundred in that time and it's been a loooong time since i've logged on there. I've already tripled that in just a few short months here.... The people definitely make this a great place!

Back