In Search of: The Holy Grail of the "Paasche AB Turbo VHS Video" A REWARD AWAITS YOU!!!

lisaamalia

Gravity Guru
As we all know, the Paasche AB Turbo is unique rare airbrush. Not only is this beautiful artifact hard to find, especially at affordable prices, but books and videos on it are almost impossible to track! So, as I used to say (before someone after many years corrected me) "Let's cut to the cheese!" Does anyone here, or anywhere in the Continental of the United States...or our outskirts...heck, anyone in the world, know where this VHS instructional video is? Where can the video, or extracted content of the "Paasche AB Turbo, Airbrush Getaway Series 2" by Jerry Lofaro " may be found?

I'm not obsessed or anythingπŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«...really...but it has to be somewhere, I mean, this is America! We track down anyone...I mean anythingπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ :cool: 😁

For anyone wanting to distraught my already little broken heartπŸ’”πŸ₯Ίwith "It no longer exists Lisa, drop it!"πŸ€” save yourself the trouble, just pass this thread with a laugh, and continue on with your lovely weekend!😎🌞

A REWARD will be awarded πŸ†πŸ‘to anyone that may find the video, or even the video file (or an in-depth video similar to it). No, this reward doesn't involve a free Paasche AB Turbo to the Kingpin (Ian) AB Turbo Fund...But it does involve something that perhaps we both can agree on. Maybe a free commission art of your Pooch, Kitty, or any pet, (hopefully you have a fish 🐟 😁) since I love creating animal art in soft pastels. You can then do the rendition with an airbrush :laugh:

For what is worth, I hope this little entry at least gave you a little smile! :)

Thank you Everyone and have a wonderful Holiday Season!!! -Lisa
VHS-PaascheAB-Turbo-AirbrushGetawaySeries.png

hehehehe, I do have a copy of this video. I also have a VCR/dvd recorder- I have tried numerous times to record the video to disc, but the only place the disc will play is on this player. In a computer it reads the disc as being empty, and on any other DVD player it will just skip to the end of the recording, and never play 😭.

Gonna be honest here - there is really not a lot of info in the recording to make it a "must see". I have a couple of copies of magazine articles that go into set up and tuning much more than anything contained in the video. I will see if I can find those articles, and try to get PDFs posted.

hehehehe, I do have a copy of this video. I also have a VCR/dvd recorder- I have tried numerous times to record the video to disc, but the only place the disc will play is on this player. In a computer it reads the disc as being empty, and on any other DVD player it will just skip to the end of the recording, and never play 😭.

Gonna be honest here - there is really not a lot of info in the recording to make it a "must see". I have a couple of copies of magazine articles that go into set up and tuning much more than anything contained in the video. I will see if I can find those articles, and try to get PDFs posted.
Hi David, thank you so much for giving me your opinion on this video! I'm glad you have already viewed it!

What will you say was the biggest tip you learned from this video, or what did you see in it that made it at least worth watching?
I'm yet to open up my Paasche AB Turbo, so I wanted to just have a little extra info to prepare...but as they say, there is no experience until you try! I'm glad to be part of this forum since I can always consult with anyone if I may run into an obstacle while working on my Turbo AB. :)
I'm planning to do this when I take my Christmas vacation, this way I can have plenty of time to dissect my airbrush!

If you are able to get the pdf of the article you mentioned, it will be great. I have one magazine that has Part 2 of a tutorial they had on the Paasche AB Turbo. The magazine is called AIRBrush Digest, July/August 1983 issue. On it the article mentions that part 1 is on issue January/February 1983. There was someone selling this issue but in a bulk for about $100! I didn't see the reason to get so many just for one article :D My issue I think I got from Ebay a while back. Can we share files within our accounts/profiles here, or emails? I just want to make sure I ask before doing so. If we can't, that's quite alright.

Either way thank you so much for the feedback on the video, now I can finally halt my search for this video. :D

Hi David, thank you so much for giving me your opinion on this video! I'm glad you have already viewed it!

What will you say was the biggest tip you learned from this video, or what did you see in it that made it at least worth watching?
I'm yet to open up my Paasche AB Turbo, so I wanted to just have a little extra info to prepare...but as they say, there is no experience until you try! I'm glad to be part of this forum since I can always consult with anyone if I may run into an obstacle while working on my Turbo AB. :)
I'm planning to do this when I take my Christmas vacation, this way I can have plenty of time to dissect my airbrush!

If you are able to get the pdf of the article you mentioned, it will be great. I have one magazine that has Part 2 of a tutorial they had on the Paasche AB Turbo. The magazine is called AIRBrush Digest, July/August 1983 issue. On it the article mentions that part 1 is on issue January/February 1983. There was someone selling this issue but in a bulk for about $100! I didn't see the reason to get so many just for one article :D My issue I think I got from Ebay a while back. Can we share files within our accounts/profiles here, or emails? I just want to make sure I ask before doing so. If we can't, that's quite alright.

Either way thank you so much for the feedback on the video, now I can finally halt my search for this video. :D
That's just it - when I watched the video I was new to the AB Turbo, and wanting to learn specific things. I watched the video waiting for an "ah-ha" moment, but never got one. The information provided is very generic - hardly enough to do a basic cleaning of the brush, let alone any adjustments.

Do you have the instructions sheet for the brush? It should be like 4 pages all together(2 page fold out), including the parts schematic, and parts list. The set up advise in that instruction sheet is as good as anything that I have found on the brush - actually quite complete if you take the time to read through it, and understand each section.

That's just it - when I watched the video I was new to the AB Turbo, and wanting to learn specific things. I watched the video waiting for an "ah-ha" moment, but never got one. The information provided is very generic - hardly enough to do a basic cleaning of the brush, let alone any adjustments.

Do you have the instructions sheet for the brush? It should be like 4 pages all together(2 page fold out), including the parts schematic, and parts list. The set up advise in that instruction sheet is as good as anything that I have found on the brush - actually quite complete if you take the time to read through it, and understand

Do you have the instructions sheet for the brush? It should be like 4 pages all together(2 page fold out), including the parts schematic, and parts list. The set up advise in that instruction sheet is as good as anything that I have found on the brush - actually quite complete if you take the time to read through it, and understand each section.
Hi Dave,
That must have been disappointing, that is to see perhaps the only video (VHS) at that time available on this unique airbrush (AB Turbo), only to find it didn't offer much. :sus: Thank you for reminding me about the manual since I do have it, πŸ€“both, the digital, and the printed one that came with one of my sets. You are right, it has tons of very useful information on it. I just thought that the video may have shown a visual representation of the manual, but too bad it didn't.

I'm looking forward to working on my Turbo AB airbrush, taking it apart that is. I'm also glad that there are a few videos online that have actually done a good job on explaining specific parts of the disassembly. These videos probably have more insight than the VHS we have been talking about πŸ˜ƒ Thank you again for all your support on this! Have a nice week! πŸ™πŸ˜Œ -Lisa

Back