Info for homemade booth

G

gannon311

Hi. First post here. If this needs to be posted on another thread please let me know!!
I'm needing to build a booth to paint helmets. Is there a certain fan that everybody uses? How many do you need and how much and where can I get them?

Also I have a airbrush but would like to get two bigger guns to spray base coats and another for clear. Any suggestions... And where to get them? I don't want to spend a lot but I will spend what I have to to get something that will work right and is not junk

Thanks guys!

Where are you on the world? that may cut down the options a bit mate.

Hi gannon311, welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be along to answer your questions ( I have no clue Lol :D). In the meantime pop along to our intro section and say hi, people will want to welcome you, and will be in a better position to advise if they know a little bit about what type of painting you are interested in, what experience you have etc.

for fans and filters i'd check out police auctions (if you have them in the U.S) , many weed growers get busted and you can pick up heavy duty extraction fans with good filters pretty cheap from them :)

*this also goes for in the UK , also look on fleabay and gumtree for the same things.

Great idea
for fans and filters i'd check out police auctions (if you have them in the U.S) , many weed growers get busted and you can pick up heavy duty extraction fans with good filters pretty cheap from them :)

*this also goes for in the UK , also look on fleabay and gumtree for the same things.

Great idea. I will be needing a fan and maybe a filter for my garage now its almost finished. Never thought of police auctions..

Lee

most weed growers want fans to be as silent as possible and for this you have to buy good quality.

If you are up to it and cheeky enough, take some of your work to a few local stations and give them the poor student speel , you never know you might get something for free:)

Also might want to see if the electrical side of things is safe.
Non-sparking fans might be a good thing if you plan on using urethanes, etc, that give off very combustible fumes!

Back