Intercoat Clear

Ttxela

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello Everyone

I was having trouble last night using intercoat clear. I've only used it once before and had the same trouble then. Its properly thick and gloopy in the bottle. Its waterbased and I used some waterbased reducer to thin it down. Even then it would barely come out of the airbrush. I continued thinning and turning up the pressure until I could get it to flow. In the end I think i was probably just blasting reducer at my painting :laugh:

I'm wondering if people use it out of a small spray gun rather than a brush :confused:

What paint system are you using. When you say waterbased reducer, is it compatible? What size needle set up are you using in your airbrush?

What paint system are you using. When you say waterbased reducer, is it compatible? What size needle set up are you using in your airbrush?
Ditto what Tony asked. The brand of paint, which intercoat you're using (some brands have multiple choices) and what reducer you're using will get you better answers. Without that information it's just a guessing game.

I'm using Hobbynox intercoat-clear and Airbrush Academy Airbrush Series Performance Thinner. I think its a 0.3mm needle.

Mixing brands is always unwise.
You may be mixing a water based paint with the solvent based thinner or even the other way around.
Source the hobbynox reducer and try again.
In the mean time give your brush a good deep clean (incase you’ve mixed solvent and water based and made a big ol’ gloopy clot in your nozzle. )

It's definitely a water based clear, good point about mixing brands though. I'll see if I can source some hobbyknox reducer and try again.

I think the big ol' gloopy clot was holding the airbrush! :laugh:

Back