Interesting discovery for my HP-CS

D

Darmatwil

I have made an interesting discovery about my HP-CS. Let me give a bit of background. I got this brush from Hobby Lobby. I never thought anything about it. It had a tiny smear of paint in it but that cleaned right out. From the start it just hasn't felt right. As many of you know I have been having issues with is flowing correctly. Well, today I got my brand new HP-CS out and learned that my first one doesn't, and hasn't had the airflow that it should. I keep the needle and nozzle spotless. (After learning how.) I now understand why I have been having issues. With my first brush I am getting maybe 25% of the air that the new brush delivers. I about freaked when I hit the trigger on the new one.

Any suggestions on cleaning the air passage(s) on an Eclipse HP-CS? I want to get it performing correctly, but don't want to mess it up either.

Thanks in advance.

There are 3 on the nozzle cap, you should be able to see light through if you look through and rotate it. Hoever it can be soaked in restorer.
Take the nozzle cap off and be certain you are getting good airflow to there. If not i would think it is a problem with the air valve and not likely an obstruction in that space.

That was the first thing I checked. Light shown through each hole. I think I might have found the issue. The O ring that seals the pistol grip filter was shoved up into the bottom of the brush. I think I had it a bit to tight. Would TFE tape be a good idea to seal the threads between the brush and the filter, or would it be to thick and mess up the plastic of the filter.

With some of my iwata's I found that if I completely tightened the head (all the stuff that needs to be removed to get the nozzle "clear") the airflow would be reduced drasticly. Not completely tightening it helped. I don't supose it is suposed to work like that but when not completely tightening the front I had no more problems so I haven't realy worried about it after that :p

Another thing that has caused me problems (if you use it) is too much liquid seal on the head assembly.

That was the first thing I checked. Light shown through each hole. I think I might have found the issue. The O ring that seals the pistol grip filter was shoved up into the bottom of the brush. I think I had it a bit to tight. Would TFE tape be a good idea to seal the threads between the brush and the filter, or would it be to thick and mess up the plastic of the filter.
Well there ya go! I dont use teflon on mine, its not a tapered thread so thats really not ideal

Try bees wax it will be easier to apply then Teflon tape.

I have been looking for bees wax. Any suggestions on where to get it? I thought about bees wax lip balm but didn't know if the other stuff in it would mess things up.

Seeing that you got a dirty gun, maybe it was one that was returned because it did not spray right and somehow ended up on the shelf again. you should have taken it back.

I think I might have found the issue. The O ring that seals the pistol grip filter was shoved up into the bottom of the brush. I think I had it a bit to tight. Would TFE tape be a good idea to seal the threads between the brush and the filter, or would it be to thick and mess up the plastic of the filter.

This has happened to me many time with the male QR couplings and why I like the H&S ones. They have a flat washer with a hole punched in instead of a donut.

I have been looking for bees wax. Any suggestions on where to get it? I thought about bees wax lip balm but didn't know if the other stuff in it would mess things up.
I found a little half dollar sized plastic container of a soft beeswax at Joann Fabrics. It's used for waxing thread and needles. Haven't tried it yet. Beeswax for candlemaking or batik that you could get from AC Moore is quite hard.

Beeswax can be found at craft stores or leather shops like a tandy leather.

I found bees wax at Ace Hardware. Back in the fasteners section. Surprised me.

Apparently the person who took the AB back to Hobby Lobby tightened the pistol grip filter to tight also because the "O" ring was in there when I got it. I have since adjusted it correctly and have not had a bit of problems.

Back