is $240 too much for 1st airbrush ?

C

cfernandez819

i want to get into air brushing and from watching youtube videos i got referred to HP-CS .35mm Eclipse Airbrush W/ ABD TC-20T Tank is this any good and do you think $240 is too much or a good price?

thanks in advance :subdued:

That gun is very versatile; it will process all paints, solvent based and waterborne (including the heavier, coarsely pigmented Createx and the difficult white paints). The use of it also depends on what you plan to do with it. But it is a quality airbrush. It is great tool for spraying real flames and larger surfaces, but also capable of airbrushing detail. Iwata parts aren't cheap, but if you use and clean the gun properly and do not yet know exactly what type of art you are going to make, there hardly is a better choice (if the cash is no problem).

being the airbrush is around 125 to 135 depending on where you buy it and the compressor is 110 , 240 is not really a bad price.
But as always not knowing what country you are at least in it is hard to say what is or is not a good deal.
Where you do live , Make sure the airbrush comes with a hose, the hose itself is 30 dollars , inline water trap very helpful another 15 dollars. Things add up .
It would be best if you included a link to show exactly what you are thinking about buy , That way we can see what all comes with it.
Eclipse CS is a work horse of an airbrush. Parts are not really that bad on the CS, .35 needle set up really a great starters airbrush.

I would say it's a fair deal thats the airbrushdepot or tcp global setup. Be careful there shipping can be steep check amazon they sell cheaper on amazon then they do on there web site.

As long as that is not the price for just the brush, I have a CS and it is my main brush, can't wait to get more of them! I will only buy Iwata. Everything else is flawed IMO, at least if it fails you know WHO to blame, not the brush. But then everyone has preferences. I just did a TON of research before I bought because my money needs to go as far as it can.

my own personal take on this question is, im not a fan of buying a cheaper second best option. if you want it, go for it, you will enjoy using it and it will make you use it more. The thing with airbrushes i think if you buy cheap you will not feel comfortable with it then you will wish you bought your first choice. like other people mentioned above also, the brush you mentioned is a good quality versatile brush that will definitely last you and help you develop your skill.

That gun is very versatile; it will process all paints, solvent based and waterborne (including the heavier, coarsely pigmented Createx and the difficult white paints). The use of it also depends on what you plan to do with it. But it is a quality airbrush. It is great tool for spraying real flames and larger surfaces, but also capable of airbrushing detail. Iwata parts aren't cheap, but if you use and clean the gun properly and do not yet know exactly what type of art you are going to make, there hardly is a better choice (if the cash is no problem).

being the airbrush is around 125 to 135 depending on where you buy it and the compressor is 110 , 240 is not really a bad price.
But as always not knowing what country you are at least in it is hard to say what is or is not a good deal.
Where you do live , Make sure the airbrush comes with a hose, the hose itself is 30 dollars , inline water trap very helpful another 15 dollars. Things add up .
It would be best if you included a link to show exactly what you are thinking about buy , That way we can see what all comes with it.
Eclipse CS is a work horse of an airbrush. Parts are not really that bad on the CS, .35 needle set up really a great starters airbrush.

I would say it's a fair deal thats the airbrushdepot or tcp global setup. Be careful there shipping can be steep check amazon they sell cheaper on amazon then they do on there web site.

As long as that is not the price for just the brush, I have a CS and it is my main brush, can't wait to get more of them! I will only buy Iwata. Everything else is flawed IMO, at least if it fails you know WHO to blame, not the brush. But then everyone has preferences. I just did a TON of research before I bought because my money needs to go as far as it can.

my own personal take on this question is, im not a fan of buying a cheaper second best option. if you want it, go for it, you will enjoy using it and it will make you use it more. The thing with airbrushes i think if you buy cheap you will not feel comfortable with it then you will wish you bought your first choice. like other people mentioned above also, the brush you mentioned is a good quality versatile brush that will definitely last you and help you develop your skill.

thanks guys .. it wont let me post the link but as Strictly Attitude said its the TCP Global setup ... and what i really want to start airbrushing are sneakers, any suggestions on paints or specific air brushes for that ?

Some paints will stick to it, but you will need a medium for most waterbased paints, but its very do able. I've used spectra tex on some old shoes without a medium but with a good clear, but i rarely use them so i can't help u furter with the shoe thingy

Edit: no special airbrushes needed, just good paint.

do you think $240 is too much

Only if you cant afford it LOL, although I wouldn't suggest someone spends huge amounts on top end guns to start off with, a good midrange gun will do you wonders and give you a good solid start..Av Fun :)

there was a good series in Airbrush Action a year ago about doing shoes. Depending on the materials their made of. Leather, you'll want to use some light alcohol on a clean rag to remove some of the oils where the art is going. As far as paint you can use whatever you like. It's going to wear off eventually anyway. I'd suggest a quality line like Wicked. I'd imagine clear would be up to your preference.

Back