is this normal ?

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
IMG_0461.JPG

I have my AB since 6 months ago and you can see how the bronze can be seen in the bottom of the cup , I use only paper tissue and a tooth brush to clean the cup

Yep... it's normal. The chrome has been absent in the cups of every airbrush I own for many years now, but they still work fine.

What kind of airbrush are you using? What brand? I've had my Badger Krome about the same time, and have pretty much only used that since I received it... tons of hours of painting... no problems... so just curious what brand you have

My airbrushes look like that as well. Just means you use it!! Haaaa!!!

What kind of airbrush are you using? What brand? I've had my Badger Krome about the same time, and have pretty much only used that since I received it... tons of hours of painting... no problems... so just curious what brand you have

Mine are all Iwata's as well and the majority of them are 10-15 years old.

My old Iwata looks like that. If you find it harder to clean because the paint sticks to it a bit, apply a very light coat of lube to the inside of the cup, works a treat!

I just call that poor mans metal flake cause you know it had to go out some place.
Mine look the same except my Micron... it has not wore off yet.

I just call that poor mans metal flake cause you know it had to go out some place.
Mine look the same except my Micron... it has not wore off yet.

Is that because if the Micron brakes down it is out of commission for a few months trying to sell a vehicle or trade your first born for parts? Haaaa!!! That is how it would be if I owned one!!! Haaaa!!

Is that because if the Micron brakes down it is out of commission for a few months trying to sell a vehicle or trade your first born for parts? Haaaa!!! That is how it would be if I owned one!!! Haaaa!!

Nope just cause my micron is not that old yet.. but give it time it will get there too...

using a cleaner without ammonia, found in most household window cleaners will keep the chrome in good shape MUCH longer. Ammonia eats chrome

I have a pair of Iwatta neos that are 4 months old .I clean them thoroughly every day and they loook like that. I use the crap out of them. bentoad

I would love to know if other manufacturers also suffer from this.

My Eclipse is just over a year old and the chrome starting coming off about 4 months ago. The patch slowly got bigger untill it stopped where it is now. I think the plating was thin deep down and it stopped now where the plating is a lot thicker. I've emailed pictures of mine to our local distributor and he will bring it up when the big chiefs form Japan is coming around in a couple of weeks. the gun still works perfectly though.

This is what mine looks like.

eclipse_cup_2.jpgeclipse_cup_3.jpgeclipse_cup_4.jpgeclipse_cup_5.jpg

Back