Is this same adapter as Badger?

V

V-Twin

Anyone,
I bought this airbrush from Machine Mart many many.....many years ago now and only ever used it twice I think, on a model aircraft. So having been left for such a long time the plastic air hose perished, as in very very brittle. So I managed to buy some new stuff from Amazon. BUT I have not been able to use it yet as I don't know what adapter size it is.

The air hose has 2.5mm x 4mm on it, which as I said I have now replaced like for like. This guns air inlet is much smaller than my H & S (as well as the air hose being much slimmer too). Is this the same size thread as a Badger Airbrush?

I would like to try using this with the quick release adapter setup I have to see how it performs (probably not very good, but who knows?).
upload_2018-8-9_15-17-52.jpeg

2nd pic lid open and Airbrush cap off.
upload_2018-8-9_15-18-15.jpeg

3rd pic show the instruction sheet.
upload_2018-8-9_15-16-9.jpeg

Cheers for any help on this.....

More likely it's not like Badger's adapter.
The AB is chinese and anything chinese I've tried wouldn't fit Badger. I'll take a picture tomorrow of the adapter that would fit your brush so you could use it with standard 1/8" AB hose.

An idea came now. Maybe you could fit metal part from your old hose to new one? There are some 6mm (external diameter) flex PU hoses that I think would work with your old hose parts. These hoses are used in pneumatics. I've bought some recently. They called flex or extra flex, don't remember for sure, but you could search for it. I've bought transparent, but there are blue, red etc.

BTW this brush produces well atomized spray, good thing where you don't need precision, backgrounds etc. Mine looks similar, maybe they're from the same factory.

Why my 2nd picture came out upside down I have no idea :confused: But what I would like to do is buy the correct sized adapters to plug on the ends of the new hose and a quick release adapter onto the Airbrush so I can use them.

In the 2nd picture you can see a big Nut which tapers to a small threaded male end. This Nut screws onto the Compressor outlet, the thin air hose then has a female screw cap thing that screws onto that Compressor outlet nut, so is this Nut a 1/4 to 1/8 BSP fitting?

Too many screws and nuts in this piece for me to handle :confused::laugh:

That looks a very similar size/type/proportion to my 'Silverline Tools' airbrush... and that looks/measures like it has a M5 fine thread (that is 5x0.5) i.e. 5mm major diameter and 2 threads per mm.

If you look here and here there are lots of suggestions that Badger thread is 5x0.5 mm.

So I can't say what thread yours has on it, but if you can measure the thread pitch and it looks like 2 threads per mm and the diameter is a bit less than 5mm I'd hazard an uneducated guess that it's Badger thread. You could just buy one of these and see what happens. There are probably even cheapter adapters on ebay...

That looks a very similar size/type/proportion to my 'Silverline Tools' airbrush... and that looks/measures like it has a M5 fine thread (that is 5x0.5) i.e. 5mm major diameter and 2 threads per mm.

If you look here and here there are lots of suggestions that Badger thread is 5x0.5 mm.

So I can't say what thread yours has on it, but if you can measure the thread pitch and it looks like 2 threads per mm and the diameter is a bit less than 5mm I'd hazard an uneducated guess that it's Badger thread. You could just buy one of these and see what happens. There are probably even cheapter adapters on ebay...

AMW, many thanks for info. The picture from the first link you posted, the Knurled back end bit is exactly what is on the end of the air hose (see pics). That screws onto the compressor outlet nut, then the smaller screw on other end of hose screws onto the airbrush.
upload_2018-8-9_21-27-25.jpeg

upload_2018-8-9_21-28-35.jpeg

And this one with the air brush....
upload_2018-8-9_21-29-12.jpeg

The problem I have is that I have the Quick Disconnects fitted to both the Compressor outlet and my H&S, and wish to replicate this with the above brush, whilst also using the one (H&S) air hose if possible, if not then not an issue if both hose types have QD's on them.

So I will call Everything Airbrush (that is where I got my H&S Evolution CR plus from) and get one of those adapters, as I think that looks just about right.

Cheers

OK, SORTED (I think). Called Everything Airbrush and described my situation and lo and behold, they sell a similar model of Airbrush (AB-128 I think), as mine with same size threads. All I need is an adapter for my Airbrush and I can use it with my existing H&S air hose and quick disconnects. :)
So I have bought the required adapter from them and Should be with me Mon/Tue. Winner winner - Chicken Dinner !!!

If you already have hoses and disconnects, it sure makes it easy when you can just find a male nipple to fit your air valve! Makes life easier in the long run. Glad to hear you got that sorted out.

The airbrush adapter arrived today, fitted to my old brush no problem and connects/disconnects from my current H&S hose and QD's without issue. Thanks to all for help and hints. Gonna test it out soon, if not usable with paint, then will use it for varnish coats.

Oh well..... after all the pain of getting a QR adapter! I stripped the brush to clean it, put it back together and before putting the tail cover back on, I (for some daft reason), decided to screw the needle secure nut assembly further into the main barrel while the needle was locked in :(
Thus the needle got pushed further forward..... which has made the fluid tip hole wider - doh!
Now, when I depress the trigger for air only, a fine mist of paint also emerges.... Guess that will teach me then !
See, every day is a school day.... (just as well it was old and dirt cheap).

Oh well..... after all the pain of getting a QR adapter! I stripped the brush to clean it, put it back together and before putting the tail cover back on, I (for some daft reason), decided to screw the needle secure nut assembly further into the main barrel while the needle was locked in :(
Thus the needle got pushed further forward..... which has made the fluid tip hole wider - doh!
Now, when I depress the trigger for air only, a fine mist of paint also emerges.... Guess that will teach me then !
See, every day is a school day.... (just as well it was old and dirt cheap).
:eek:ouch! you have my sympathies... Sometimes burned fingers teach best about fire as they say. Got spare parts?

:eek:ouch! you have my sympathies... Sometimes burned fingers teach best about fire as they say. Got spare parts?

hehehe, Nope! It was a cheap thing (about 25 GBP) I bought, oh... a good 15 or so years ago. I might get a new tip for it, but it is not as comfortable or precise in use as my H&S Evolution CR plus. I can still use the damaged tip to spray my Varnish coat on the finished item, just not any paint. :laugh:

hehehe, Nope! It was a cheap thing (about 25 GBP) I bought, oh... a good 15 or so years ago. I might get a new tip for it, but it is not as comfortable or precise in use as my H&S Evolution CR plus. I can still use the damaged tip to spray my Varnish coat on the finished item, just not any paint. :laugh:

I wouldn't bother fixing it if it's that old V, you already have a decent brush so save your pennies then treat yourself further down the line, just because you can, a back up is always handy but I reckon you've learned from your mistake so you can get your back up tool when it suits you:)

I wouldn't bother fixing it if it's that old V, you already have a decent brush so save your pennies then treat yourself further down the line, just because you can, a back up is always handy but I reckon you've learned from your mistake so you can get your back up tool when it suits you:)

Malky, great minds think alike; yea that was what I was thinking too :). It has a 0.3 needle, and works well enough to spray varnish, so that is what I will keep it for (for time being at least). If I get employed again, then I will probably look for another decent brush (although a better car will more than likely be first on the hit list). And yes, I def have learned from that, won't happen again (he says; as he still shakes open bottles :laugh:)

Malky, great minds think alike; yea that was what I was thinking too :). It has a 0.3 needle, and works well enough to spray varnish, so that is what I will keep it for (for time being at least). If I get employed again, then I will probably look for another decent brush (although a better car will more than likely be first on the hit list). And yes, I def have learned from that, won't happen again (he says; as he still shakes open bottles :laugh:)

There's a shed load of different accidents that can and will happen, like stabbing youself with your needle, if you do that I recommend the leg or foot rather than the tip of your thumb or forefinger, don't ask me how I know that:) one or two here have also tattooed themselves with their needle:eek: I'm not goid enough for that yeto_O

If and when you decide to increase your arsenal, you can do a lot worse than check out air-craft.com, ridiculously low priced, friendly staff and rocket fast on delivery:thumbsup:

I would be extremely happy to have a car let alone a new car:( but even the most expensive airbrush would cost me less than the cheapest caro_O

Yea, stabbed my finger a few times already and drew blood - and I hate needles !!! Will have a look on that web site and see what they have, thanks for heads up on that. Re the car, the engine is good, but the body is rusting in many places and the damn thing has cost me more in replacing parts than I paid for it originally (2nd hand). Only ever had one brand new car in my life - a Mk II VW Golf GTi 8 valve (petrol) when I was serving in West Berlin. Kept it for 16yrs and did 148K miles in it, a fantastic car and drive.

Back