Issue with renegade

  • Thread starter Madasahatter101
  • Start date
M

Madasahatter101

Guest
Is anyone else having any issues with their renegade spirit side feed. I keep getting paint and bubbles back in the trigger housing, after spraying for about 45 minutes. I'm using mostly water base paints. I know this is usually a needle bearing issue and have adjusted it several times. I have sent it in several times and it will spray good for the first half hour then it is back to the same thing. tip has been soaked and ultrasonically cleaned. Any help or ideas will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Don
 
I have the Velocity which is in the renegade series and most parts are interchangeable for renegade. If you are getting bubbles in the cup and or in the trigger section 99% of the time it is a clog. Sometime you cant see them, there has to be a small clog somewhere in the trigger forward. I would strip it, soak whole thing in a brush restorer or a quality cleaner from the paint brand you use. Createx makes a BUSH RESTORER for their wicked and auto air lines.
 
Could also be that your needle packing screw is a bit loose. It is adjustable, I find that wight he renegade series and the Krome , I always need to adjust them a bit. All you need is a small, longish, flathead screwdriver.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
You say you have adjusted the needle seal several times. Do you find that it needs tightening each time? Maybe the screw is backing out. If it is, maybe something like a little bees wax on the threads would hold it. This shouldn't be needed, but it might work. The adjustment should be set so you feel a little drag when you install or remove the needle.

Don
 
I know on my velocity I had to tighten it beyond tight. ... if you take it right out you will see is almost a locking thread with green resin around the thread. ... on mine I tightened it until tight and then went a whole turn more.... I don't necessarily advise you do this im just saying that's what I did and it worked for me
 
Well it looks like I'm not lone

I know on my velocity I had to tighten it beyond tight. ... if you take it right out you will see is almost a locking thread with green resin around the thread. ... on mine I tightened it until tight and then went a whole turn more.... I don't necessarily advise you do this im just saying that's what I did and it worked for me

Sounds good. Thanks for all the replies and I'm glad to see I'm not the only that is having this issue.
 
Well it looks like I'm not lone

I know on my velocity I had to tighten it beyond tight. ... if you take it right out you will see is almost a locking thread with green resin around the thread. ... on mine I tightened it until tight and then went a whole turn more.... I don't necessarily advise you do this im just saying that's what I did and it worked for me

Sounds good. Thanks for all the replies and I'm glad to see I'm not the only that is having this issue.
 
your not ive had the same problem first two weeks i had my velocity it worked awesome thain i went to sleep with clog tex wicked in the cup after that nothing but problems. thain one day i decided to wrap the threads on the teflon bearing screw (only 2 or 3 wraps and cut it only as wide as the threads) after that not one single problem at all
 
Back
Top