Its normal ???

M

mamcg

paint flow look like spit on sheet same without mediums and that appears much grey than black !!! i hate paint on papers ...

First things first, what setup/paint/psi do you use?

It could be one of these things for example:

- Too much/little thinner
- Blocked nozzle / no clean airbrush
- Bent needle
- Too high/low psi
- Dirty paint, try straining it
- Paint is just plain to big to fit through the nozzle

First things first, what setup/paint/psi do you use?

It could be one of these things for example:

- Too much/little thinner
- Blocked nozzle / no clean airbrush
- Bent needle
- Too high/low psi
- Dirty paint, try straining it
- Paint is just plain to big to fit through the nozzle

Or you have cleaned your airbrush and there is still water in the airbrush, the water half mixes with the paint and causes spitting or spidering.

Malky

OK ty guy :) humm i use iwata eclipse hp-sbs with createx black color (opaque) don't know if opaque is same in English sorry if is not lol i have a sparmax compressor at 20-25 psi i always clean my airbrush for my needles my airbrush is new i'v use maybe 4/5 time (spitting happen when i try to make very little dot or line that make little spider paw if i can say that loll. for water in i dry each pieces with towel's and i shoot lot of air before starting paint. loll ok im a noob and im a bit lost with that E.T lollllllll maybe that can come from the needles/trigger i don't really know if i need to tight a lot or if i need to set smooth

If it's spidering then your paint is too thin or try reducing your preasure to about 15 PSI first or maybe using a transperant base will bring you paint back to life. Black and white are the hardest to get right but keep at it and you'll get there...
cheers Lou.

yeah this is hard to gauge loll and no class in town im gonna take a look in downtown and my friend tell me that can be better with GOLDEN paint + golden mediums but here airbrushing is not very popular its really hard to find some stuff loll and in the few store i can buy something loll that cost me a leg and half arms loll so ty for your help all its appreciate

If you don't tighten the nozzle cap and needle cap all the way down, it will essentially set the needle tip and nozzle further back into the airbrush. By having the tip further in, you may get paint build up on the needle cap that will blow off when you release the needle.

I only made a diagram with the needle cap moved out, but the nozzle cap not being threaded down can do the same. And together it can make a big difference in how the air/paint mix leaves the airbrush.
Mike Learn from MOJO talks about adjusting how the paint flows on the new Mojo III for more detail with this concept, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8b1LWdFgU
Airbrush Cutaways nozzle pos..JPG

This is exaggerated, but I hope this helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back