I've decided

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
I have my compressor, I got my iwata hpch, i am just going to stick with that for now, and save up for the other airbrush i want. But since money has been tight, i was going to get the createx illustrations colors, but my dog had to have a surgery, so that tok a lot of my funds. And i see that Comart has some cheaper sets. I just really want to get going with this stuff already. I know people have talked about comart, but how are they for a person just starting out? Are they finicky?

You cannot get better paints to start out with buddy!!

Cheap, easy to use, no reducing, fantastic range of colours both opaque and transparents, work on hard and other surfaces. I cannot sing their praises enough.

its what I started out with!!

You cannot get better paints to start out with buddy!!

Cheap, easy to use, no reducing, fantastic range of colours both opaque and transparents, work on hard and other surfaces. I cannot sing their praises enough.

its what I started out with!!

Good, thats great. Can they be used on t-shirts as well?

I really like Comart paints and I loved to use them when I first started to airbrush. You can use them straight from the bottle.

Just remember to shake them a lot before use.

Also the Opaque White is horrible to use, the Comart Neutral White/Photo White is better. Or you might want to use a white from another make, I used Createx Illustration White which sprayed quite well straight from the bottle.

You can't go wrong with Comart. I think they have a different set of paints for textiles.
Cheers Mel

Thanks guys. I'm probably going to buy a few bottles of different colors of createx illustrations as well.

Yeah, i just looked up more about them, apparently they have a separate line for textiles, but i can't really find them except for fluorescent.

Stupid question, but i have been told to use the same cleaner of the brand of paint i am using...If i am using comart, and createx does it really matter?

Thanks guys. I'm probably going to buy a few bottles of different colors of createx illustrations as well.

Yeah, i just looked up more about them, apparently they have a separate line for textiles, but i can't really find them except for fluorescent.

Stupid question, but i have been told to use the same cleaner of the brand of paint i am using...If i am using comart, and createx does it really matter?

I don't think the cleaner makes a huge difference in the water based paints, but for reducer, its always best to use what the manufacturer recommends until you are comfortable trying different brews of your own. Once you get a feeling for the different paints, you may find that different reducers work better in different paints for your setup and style of painting, but I wouldn't mess around to much until you get a real good feeling for how each paint flows for you. Then try some things out to see if it works better or worse for you. Some people swear by their homemade reducer, some people don't get much benefit from it. I've seen people add 4011 reducer to E'tac, which only really needs water, but they say it works better for them. Get the basics first, then start playing around with the chemistry degree.

Back