I've got bubbling but everything's clean, please help

Mike115

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hey yall

I've cleaned out my brush with gunwash, used a pointy sticky mental needle thing to pull out all the gunk and everything looks totally clear (see pics)

Yet I can't spray, everytime I try, it just bubbles like crazy

Please help an old man in distress lol if you can :)
b70d02c1da2358ddf9ba85757d093772.jpg
0f08138fee2f4882ba6fb086eb0f404d.jpg
158cf373ca891481c5dc38a98ca0b211.jpg
2dd9123057513f81c1c25fc002845fdc.jpg

Usual questions Mike,

What airbrush is it?
Do you have air coming out the front?
if so
Does it spray water or nothing at all?

I've had an airbrush spray water but not paint hence the question..

Lee

Usual questions Mike,

What airbrush is it?
Do you have air coming out the front?
if so
Does it spray water or nothing at all?

I've had an airbrush spray water but not paint hence the question..

Lee

It's a H&S infinity

Yup plus a little bit of liquid maybe 5%

Cheers

Thanks all I've cleaned and cleaned it but in the end it was a tiny bit of dirt unseen to the eye in the nib

Thanks all, took over an hour to sort that, I feel like a n00b on day 1 again

Glad you got it sorted most times a cracked nozzle will cause that and I have had my share of H&S nozzles that have crack or split. Which will cause bubbles in the cup too.

Thanks all I've cleaned and cleaned it but in the end it was a tiny bit of dirt unseen to the eye in the nib

Thanks all, took over an hour to sort that, I feel like a n00b on day 1 again
this is just me, so take this with a grain of salt. I put nozzle in to little plastic cup and I soak it over night.I put some windows cleaner in to water in that cup. When I started to soak I never had any problems. Before I was cleaning normally, but I don't know what is wrong with me, I had issues all the time.

Glad you got it sorted, I've been messing with my newest acquisitions over the last week but i've had to use something a bit stronger to get things clean.
It's amazing how much can get stuck in the nozzle. This lot came out of my HP-B+ nozzle quite a while back now..
Photo from Lee Jordan.jpg
You can see how much was inside. I didn't think there was that much space inside the nozzle.

Lee

It’s going to be one of three things most likely:

1) Cracks or damage to the nozzle allowing air to leak into the paint reservoir

2) Faulty seal where the nozzle threads into either the fluid head or airbrush body

3) Faulty O ring or seal between either the fluid head or the nozzle and the airbrush body.

First off, as mentioned above, thoroughly clean your airbrush and I mean clean it. Pay articulations attention to the insides of the gun which holds and transfers paint as well as the fluid head and nozzle seats. If you have the extra cash and desire, consider buying a small ultrasonic tank and cleaning the airbrush in that overnight. Wipe out any excess cleaner and let dry.

Get out a magnifying glass and thoroughly inspect the nozzle around the needle interface for signs of cracks, distortions, or plastic deformation. If it shows these, replace with a new OEM part.

Check the integrity of the O rings and seals on the nozzle or fluid head. If they are damaged, replace with new OEM parts.

Check the mating surfaces on the airbrush body between the nozzle and/or fluid head for dried paint, dings or other foreign objects and remove by carefully cleaning it out.

Check that the threads on your nozzle are not damaged or warped. This can happen if you’re not careful about reassembling the brush. Only a slight pressure on the nozzle spanner after the nozzle seats properly in the fluid head or airbrush is needed to tighten it.d

Back