iwata airbrush i use

R

reaper1965

iam still new to the airbrush this is the one i use for doing my model cars with this iwata is .03 needle its a bit small for what iam doing with it its will work but what id like to know what will be better one for me to get .i want to up my skills for doing skulls and flames on my models and diff stuff as well here are some pic of the iwata gun i have now thanku all

001.JPG 004.JPG

How big are the models? I would get a Iwata HP-CS for doing models it come's with a .035 needle so it will do fine lines and details for you

and you can get a 0.05 nozzle and needle set that fits as well for the HP-CS

All of you are mentioning the wrong sizes. There's no 0 after the decimal point.
@reaper1965, if the 0.3 is too small for you, then what's the size of the models you are building? Pro painters use that size and smaller to paint on real cars. Unless you are talking about full coverage jobs.

i was thinking of hp cs but iam used to the trigger on the k tr lol . and the models are 1.24 scale the paint i will use will be auto air and wicked

here what iam doing i will use it for sealer on the model then full coverage as well

ok i will try it see how it goes with it in the mean time i will save some money and get the hp cs think thats the best way to go at this thank u all

I use an Iwata HP-TH for exactly these sorts of jobs. I'm a modeler too. I have an HP-CS, and it won't be better than the TR for what you're trying to do. I bought the TH specifically because I was experiencing the same difficulties with coverage on large models/parts that you are with the TR.

I've been meaning to post a full review of it, as there isn't much out there on it currently, but the short of it is that large-scale modeling is kind of the perfect niche for it. It can't do lines smaller than 4mm or so, but for priming, base coating, and clear coating it's great. Basically a micro-HVLP gun. Lays down paint in a broad, highly concentrated fan.

In the western market it's sold as the "Kustom TH", and is rather badly overpriced, but the much cheaper "HP-TH" import version is the exact same gun, just without the fancy metal box. IMO it is badly mis-marketed as an auto graphics gun. It would be totally redundant in an auto graphics shop, but for a modeler or an FX artist it's great.

it would work well for drop shadows on a flame job. It is marketed properly just not at someone who is in depth to the level of artwork airbrush work. Having more then a few friends in the autobody business. I see this level of custom allot. Shadows lace some ghosting of stencils makes them rockstars.

I'll admit I don't know much about auto graphics work. It just seemed to me like if one were to draw a venn diagram of what a mini HVLP can do and what a regular airbrush (like the HP-CS) can do, the TH would be centered right where those two meet/overlap, so if one had both in the workshop already, you wouldn't really need something like the TH. However it's a good point that if the painter in question didn't have a regular airbrush and wasn't interested in learning to use one, the TH would be useful. After all, I'm pretty much using and advocating it for the the exact inverse of that: people who don't need or want a full HVLP, but need something that can go broader than a normal airbrush without losing the airbrush's flexibility/maneuverability.

I'll admit I don't know much about auto graphics work. It just seemed to me like if one were to draw a venn diagram of what a mini HVLP can do and what a regular airbrush (like the HP-CS) can do, the TH would be centered right where those two meet/overlap, so if one had both in the workshop already, you wouldn't really need something like the TH. However it's a good point that if the painter in question didn't have a regular airbrush and wasn't interested in learning to use one, the TH would be useful. After all, I'm pretty much using and advocating it for the the exact inverse of that: people who don't need or want a full HVLP, but need something that can go broader than a normal airbrush without losing the airbrush's flexibility/maneuverability.
Another reason it is a trigger style definitely more comphy for them feels mor like a spray gun.

nessus thats is great info thank u for that as i will look in to that thanks again

Back