Iwata alternative nozzles

T

ToxicWays

Hi,

I been purchasing 0.2mm fluid nozzle - This fluid nozzle is intended for use with the Hi-Line AH, BH, and CH models.

I purchase about 20 nozzle every month because they keep cracking after few weeks.

I would like to purchase another brand or any other nozzles thats much cheaper.
The ones I'm currently purchasing are $35 dollar each.

I'm sorry but how do you crack so many nozzles? Man, 20 a month? Wow! I owned an HP-CH for three or so years and never had an issue with the nozzle. To answer your question, I don't know of any other nozzles you can use for these particular brushes. As far as I know, they're all specific to the brand and range. Someone here may know more, however.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's best not to try another "brand" in the IWATA you could strip the threads on your brush, then you have no brush. Cracking/splitting nozzles are more than likely caused by pushing your needle in to far! I am assuming that you have a HI-Line AH or BH or CH?

Donna

Yeah, you are doing something majorly wrong if you are going through nozzles. Are you tightening threaded parts with the needle fully seated in the airbrush? It's the only way I could imagine that happening.

sounds like you are over tightening them or forcing your needle forward too far. You shouldn't jam the needle into the airbrush as you need to be gently because it's just thin brass. As far as the nozzles go, they should be just snug, not torqued down. I've replaced 1 nozzle in 10+ years of airbrushing and that was only because It fell front first down onto the pavement.

yer dude.... as the others said, you shouldnt be breaking nozzles, this is something that happens once a year at most, at the most inappropriate inconvenient time..... with a gentle hand a needle and nozzle could last you a lifetime.

therefore im sorry to say its the hand of the operator rather than a fault in the tool....if you need help assembling your airbrush after cleaning let us know and im sure one of us can give you a bit of direction toward a decent video or something

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

Unless you drop your airbrush, you really shouldn't have to replace an Iwata nozzle. That "super-alloy" Iwata uses is about as tough as airbrush nozzles get. I had to replace other brands nozzles due to wear, but never an Iwata (those I've only had to change because my airbrush decided to face-plant a concrete floor. Spoiler alert- the concrete wins every time).

When you re-install or re-seat the needle, you want the needle and the nozzle to "touch", not "bump". Not much pressure is needed. Another factor may be keeping the nozzle clean. I know there are some threads related to nozzle cleaning if you search for them.

Thank you to all of you.

I just also let you know I have 20 worker each with their own airbrush and the airbrush is consistently being used 8 hours a day.

I will make sure they don't tighten the nozzle and clean it more delicately.

Thank you to all of you.

I just also let you know I have 20 worker each with their own airbrush and the airbrush is consistently being used 8 hours a day.

I will make sure they don't tighten the nozzle and clean it more delicately.

where, exactly, are the nozzles breaking, btw?

Another way to easily crack a noble is to have a needle to large.i have had this happen with my infinity . Placing the .15 nozzle in with the
4 needle.

Another way to easily crack a noble is to have a needle to large.i have had this happen with my infinity . Placing the .15 nozzle in with the
4 needle.

I was reading that thinking.. "Oh these English dudes with their weird words for everything.." But I realized it was you, and thought.. oh it's just AF.

Maybe a little nozzle care/airbrush maintenance workshop would be good for those workers, or make them pay for the nozzles themselves lol, that may reduce the breakage a bit.

Hi,

I been purchasing 0.2mm fluid nozzle - This fluid nozzle is intended for use with the Hi-Line AH, BH, and CH models.

I purchase about 20 nozzle every month because they keep cracking after few weeks.

I would like to purchase another brand or any other nozzles thats much cheaper.
The ones I'm currently purchasing are $35 dollar each.
I broke mine today. Same model Neo. If I wanted to replace the nozzle for a different size would I also have to buy a needle? Anyone please throw in their two cents.
If I can rant for a second... this Iwata Neo CH didn't have a care manual. The paints dont have mixing ratios. Its like buying a frozen pizza without instructions. So I try and guess. Someone recommended on this forum 50 PSI for createx textile paint. Iwata says never past 30psi on their website. They also disclaim needles and nozzles. So even on a new gun I am F*ked. So I look online for a new nozzle and its around 20 bucks plus shipping. This is a cent worth of metal we are talking about. If just a tad to much tightening results in the tread breaking well it seems like chinese junk quality.
I seem to spend twice the time cleaning as I do spraying with this gun. Is there any gun that is better suited for someone less anal about cleaning or is this as good as it gets? For F's sake I was spraying out of spray cans instead of messing with the gun because it spits up paint. Instead of buying another nozzle for this thing I could but a whole gun at harbor freight and throw it away instead of spending hours cleaning it.
Its a long rant, I know I just had to spit it out.

P.S. Nozzles should come in 5 packs like O rings and other replacement parts.

Wow I've only had my badgers for about ten years and have never replaced a nozzle LOL, and I'm as rough as anything and even use my needles to ream any dry paint outta the nozzle LOL..Maybe just lucky but I would be wondering what those workers are doing with em, playing darts at lunchtime maybe LOL..I do find a common mistake that many beginners make is they put there nozzle on, needle in, tighten the needle and then retighten the nozzle..bad mistake LOL..The nozzle is fine to nip up with pliers, I do it every time though only lightly (And not something I recommend others do at all..Just a me thing) but the needle doesn't go in till last and all it requires is a very gently seating..maybe they are doing something backward and yer I would sit em all down and say the next one that breaks a nozzle will be fired...See how long they last then LOL..Good luck

Badger may be worth a try. I know I made mistakes with the proper care and all but still machines should have a standard quality and the nozzle breaking seems weak to me by any measure. Not having a slip of instructions for recommended care seems slipshot.

@ WisconsinGreenhorn -- I don't think there is a Neo CH. There is a CN gravity fed, and a BCN siphon fed. The Neos are nice airbrushes for fine work, but they are fragile. There should be a small instruction sheet under the foam packing. It doesn't say much, but it points to a page on their website with more info. You might want to look at this page for more about the Neos.

Changing nozzle size means changing the needle and nozzle cap too.

For some thoughts on cleaning, have a look at this page.

If you want something more rugged, check out the Badger Patriot. Parts are cheaper too.

Don

Thanks for the answers, I will check out the Patriot.

Back