Iwata Bubbling at Needle tip/Nozzle

Christi

Young Tutorling
Hi I’m hoping someone can help me with this as I’m fairly new to airbrushing. I am using an Iwata Eclipse HPCS.
I was told to use a soft paint brush dipped in AB cleaner (or use my nails) to remove tip dry as I’m painting. I have been using the paint brush for months and never any issues. Well today I did that and it started bubbling at the needle tip. (I paint with the nozzle cap off to get finer lines)
I could swear I am also hearing somewhat of a faint sizzling sound when the bubbles occur. Maybe I’m crazy but very strange that all the sudden this is happening.
I took the AB fully apart, gave it a clean and then another clean and then a good ultrasonic soak. Actually twice. First time I had a tiny bit of gunk that came out but the second time was clear. I have also cleaned the brass nozzle with a very soft brush cleaner (gently, don’t worry. LOL) So I have no clue what could be causing this. I can’t see any damage to the nozzle or bent needle. It seems to paint fine. (Using createx wicked colors with 4011/4030 thinners). Have not changed anything with paint or the way I clean the AB. AB is 7 months old and gets used approx 3-4 days a week.
Am I being stupid and missing something obvious? Oh and I have also checked to make sure the needle and nozzle are seated correctly...everything seems fine with that. No bubbling in the cup and if it ever does bubble I just make some tweaks to the nozzle seating and back to painting.
If anyone has any idea why this could be happening...share your thoughts!
Also, how can I tell if a nozzle is damaged in the inside?
Please and Thank You!!!

add A little bees wax or chap stick to the threads of the nozzle cap to seal it.
Most times it will not affect the way the airbrush works with the air leaking from that point but sometimes it does. This way you have a nice seal and no worries.

Now be nice and hope over to the introduction section and make us a nice introduction.
Where ya from, Airbrushes , paints and what ya painting.

Can you post up a photo of the bubbles so we can maybe pinpoint exactly where the bubbling is happening? (Not when it’s covered in bubbles because then we can’t see :) )

add A little bees wax or chap stick to the threads of the nozzle cap to seal it.
Most times it will not affect the way the airbrush works with the air leaking from that point but sometimes it does. This way you have a nice seal and no worries.

Now be nice and hope over to the introduction section and make us a nice introduction.
Where ya from, Airbrushes , paints and what ya painting.

Thank you, I will try the bees wax! And sorry, I thought I entered all my info for this forum but maybe it didn’t save. Will do again Thanks for the help

Can you post up a photo of the bubbles so we can maybe pinpoint exactly where the bubbling is happening? (Not when it’s covered in bubbles because then we can’t see :) )

I tried to upload a photo to show you but it kicks me off this site when I do . The bubbles are coming out exactly where the needle is coming out of the nozzle. There will be so many bubbles that I can’t even see the end of the airbrush when it happens. Hmmm
I’m going to try beeswax like Mr Micron suggested and hopefully that will help.

Bubbles in general tend to indicate a blockage somewhere, usually due to dried paint being somewhere it shouldn't be. A thorough cleaning of the brush might help.

Back