Iwata Custom CM-C

R

robi21

Hello,

I'm quiet new in airbrushing :tongue-new: but looking for "god" advice as at the minute I'm using Iwata Revolution CR 0,5 nozzle and when it comes to mural it's ok for large areas to be covered but I won't to move to being more detailed and here is my question as I've got a chance to buy Iwata Custom CM-C (not plus) and maybe is there something better on the market or at least an airbrush with the same quality in terms of details.

Thanks for help

The iwata micron is considered to be one of te best if not the best detail airbrushes, if its a good deal get it. There aren't many brushes who can perform against the micron.

Detail is in the hand of the airbrush artist and not so much the air brush..
That being said I do own the CM-C+ and Love it. But the Krome made by badger is a more cost effective detail brush , 1. for around 120 dollars it is under half the price of the Micron. Needles and Nozzles are also more affordable.
Also you being new to airbrushing , may thing that you have to have a .23 or smaller nozzle size and the detail will be there... Fine line detail comes from practice and lots of it.

Being this is your first post and no one on here has seen your work of know what you can and can not do , We can only offer advice on what you have told us.
So how about posting up an Introduction and telling us more about yourself. maybe show up some work after you get 5 post.

Firstly i would like thank you for quick replay.
Secondly I was thinking about Krome as well and in terms of indroducting myself i can apologize for that as i was looking for quick replay as a deal for a Iwata will last only for next 2 days so I didn't realy had a time to do so but I will gather my actual/recent "art"works and post it soon.
Thanks for help once again

Firstly i would like thank you for quick replay.
Secondly I was thinking about Krome as well and in terms of indroducting myself i can apologize for that as i was looking for quick replay as a deal for a Iwata will last only for next 2 days so I didn't realy had a time to do so but I will gather my actual/recent "art"works and post it soon.
Thanks for help once again

It is cool on the introduction, I just wanted you to know that if you are on a budget that the Krome was just as good.
For that matter the Paasche Talon it a pretty good detail brush.

Being parts are not really in most people's budget in case you bend a needle or have a cracked nozzle..
that is why I suggest the more affordable detail brushes.

... let say that i can buy Custom for the same price as Krome but in terms of parts you'r right it can be expensive with a broken nidle I could survive as it's just 20pound which is i think around 30$ but looking into head nozle prices going dramatickly up.
I know that fine lines is probably just 20% from the airbrush and rest from the talent/practice but I wouldn't like to lose thoes 20%. I've seen some awsome artworks done by great artists using Krome but of course for them it doesn't realy matter which airbrush they will use as is comes from years and years of practicing/experience but isn't better to even start with airbrushing with better tools

... let say that i can buy Custom for the same price as Krome but in terms of parts you'r right it can be expensive with a broken nidle I could survive as it's just 20pound which is i think around 30$ but looking into head nozle prices going dramatickly up.
I know that fine lines is probably just 20% from the airbrush and rest from the talent/practice but I wouldn't like to lose thoes 20%. I've seen some awsome artworks done by great artists using Krome but of course for them it doesn't realy matter which airbrush they will use as is comes from years and years of practicing/experience but isn't better to even start with airbrushing with better tools

CM-C regular or Kustom .23 needle/nozzle set up /Krome has .21 needle/nozzle
CM-B CM-SB .18

But if you can get a new Kustom Micron CM-c for the same price as the Krome or just a little more go for it...
That is a steal . only if it is new . Main reason used well ya get what ya pay for.. Seen to many folks buy Micron off ebay and get messed over..

But yes needles are not to bad on the pocket but the head assembly is costly.

gotta agree with all thats been said here. the detail is in your control, but a good brush will help a lot, especially on the frustration side of things. you will always want to buy another brush, so i would start with the krome and get use to that small nozzle before spending the big money for the micron. i didnt do it this way and it worked out fine for me, but i do wish i would have bought the krome first and saved some money.

there are my 2 cents...... its all i have left after buying the micron, LMAO!!! J/K :)

Detail is in the hand of the airbrush artist and not so much the air brush..

gotta agree with all thats been said here. the detail is in your control.....

Guys, guys, you're killing me here, I've fully pinned my hopes on getting a micron and suddenly becoming an amazeballs ABer LOL!

Robi, sounds like an amazing deal as long as you know it's in excellent condition, and that it's been looked after properly, otherwise you'll and up spending stacks to refurb it, and bang goes the great deal. Also if you're newish to airbrushing, when you try it out, if there are any issues ,will you know if it's your inexperience, or problems with the brush. It could be extremely frustrating if you are trying to get going and are blaming yourself, when it could be problems with the gun, and you could waste a lot of money if you aren't sure what the problem is. That's another advantage to buying a Krome, apart from it being so much cheaper, it will be brand new and ready to go. You will be able to concentrate on technique without wondering about the effectiveness of the brush.

Having said that, the micron is my dream brush, and if you know 100% that it's good, then it's too good an opportunity to miss, any doubts and it could be a false economy.

Guys, guys, you're killing me here, I've fully pinned my hopes on getting a micron and suddenly becoming an amazeballs ABer LOL!

Robi, sounds like an amazing deal as long as you know it's in excellent condition, and that it's been looked after properly, otherwise you'll and up spending stacks to refurb it, and bang goes the great deal. Also if you're newish to airbrushing, when you try it out, if there are any issues ,will you know if it's your inexperience, or problems with the brush. It could be extremely frustrating if you are trying to get going and are blaming yourself, when it could be problems with the gun, and you could waste a lot of money if you aren't sure what the problem is. That's another advantage to buying a Krome, apart from it being so much cheaper, it will be brand new and ready to go. You will be able to concentrate on technique without wondering about the effectiveness of the brush.

Having said that, the micron is my dream brush, and if you know 100% that it's good, then it's too good an opportunity to miss, any doubts and it could be a false economy.

Squishy , You really need a Micron ,, It feels like silk in you hand , soon you will be calling it my precious and hiding it away from us bad hobbits...LOL

I am not trying to put anyone off about buying one , I am just letting them know they other cost that can come alone with owning one..

I do need one Herb, I'm obsessing about it LOL. Unfortunately I need the money too LOL! One day!

If you get a micron for the price krome buy it you will never see a deal like that again if you don't lik the micron you can sell it and buy 3 kromes

:))) Micron on the way to me house, by end of week should get it.

as you said :

If you get a micron for the price krome buy it you will never see a deal like that again if you don't lik the micron you can sell it and buy 3 kromes

It's still newbie talking but if I wont try it i might regreat it later on. deal is a deal.
if something wont b right I will just sell it and get the Krome one. I think there is not as much to loose apar that going forwad the "PARTS" :)) but I think I'll be covered for b-day gifts till 2015

If you got a good deal on it, I wouldnt have passed it up either. One thing I found out from my own experience. I started with a Master G44 airbrush. Not the best made brush but got me into it, and for that Im greatful. 6 months later Im spraying from an Iwata CM-C. The issue for me here is this, I don't want to talk anyone out of buying a Micron because they are a well tuned machine, but what I did by getting my chrome so early into airbrushing, I was still spraying Createx textile paints, new to mixing paints and reducing and let me tell it, with that fine of a nozzle and a newbie trying to figure out reduction, it literally made me hate my Micron, lol. After about 2 months I finally figured out that it wasnt the airbrush, it was the person reducing the paint. Once I figured out my reduction and switched to the Wicked line of paints it was a lot better. So Im not against getting a micron early, but just be prepared for complications unless you've already got that smooth trigger finger and got your reduction pretty well nailed. Not trying to discourage anyone cause I dont regret buying mine when I did, I happened to have the money at the time and now its a brush I'll have for the rest of my life, wise investment. Really hope you like yours and if you start having issues right off, get on here and holler at someone, everyone here are all about helping others. You may be one of the lucky ones that grabs that micron and BAM, MASTERPIECE, uhmm, I wasnt one of those guys, haha, Im still not. Have fun with it, thats the main thing, enjoy every minute under the brush, keep slingin paint!!!

I love my Micron C+ and my micron SB. They are vary well made. I have had to replace my nozzle 4 times in the past two years on the C+ and 2 on the SB. That alone is more than the Krome. If you ask if I would buy it again, I would say yes. Like Rus said take your time and learn the brush. I have found the best paints to run through the brush is E-Tac privet stock and Edwards Fx and my latest is Createx illustration Paint. The pigment size is cut finer and makes for a much better experience. To use Wicked through it you need to almost over reduce which almost drove me to through the thing in a drawer and never use it again. This is why I have over 9 brushes with all different needle sizes. Use the right airbrush for the job. I hope you have great time with the CM-C and go for it.

Received my micron today, unfortunetly the deal looked just too good, most of parts from head had to be changed not mentioning needle. At least he gave me a day guaranty so send it back but ech sad story have god ending. I've bought brand new Krom witn 0,21 set.

Received my micron today, unfortunetly the deal looked just too good, most of parts from head had to be changed not mentioning needle. At least he gave me a day guaranty so send it back but ech sad story have god ending. I've bought brand new Krom witn 0,21 set.

Well I am glad he at least gave you some type of warranty , I think you have a good brush with the Krome.

Back